By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who buys What?

here we go...this gen I have bought :

Wii

• Rayman
  • RedSteel
  • Zelda:TP
  • TH:Downhill Jam
  • Excite Truck
  • Warioware
  • SSX:Blur
  • Godfather
  • Cooking Mama
  • Super Paper Mario

X360

• Project Gotham Racing
  • Burnout : Revenge
  • Just Cause
  • Guitar Hero 2
  • 2k7 MLB Baseball
  • Tony Hawk: Project 8

In the past I've owned: Gamecube, Dreamcast, N64, TurboGrafx16, SNES, Atari

Handheld wise I have: DS Lite, DS, PSP, GBA sp,GBA, GBC, GB Pocket

Plan on getting: Spiderman 3(360), Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odessy, Eternal Sonata, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros., My Sims, Metroid. (and I'm sure at least 5 more titles I can't think of now. 

Around the Network

Had Famicom, 10-20 games?  Mostly Dragonball and DBZ

GBA sp: some final fantasy, mario series, double dragon advanced

DSLite: FF3, Mario series, Rent games

Panasonic Q: around 20 games

Playstaiton: 20 games, mostly RPGs, racing

PS2: 20 games or so, mostly RPGs, Gran Turismo, crazy games like katamari, mostly rent

Wii: 6 games for now, mostly rent and buy them off if i like it.  waiting ssx blur price to drop, waiting for mario galaxy, future zeldas, final fantasy etc. and 2 VC

Will get PS3 when price drop to 399 and with Final Fantasy series out.  Will mostly own 10-15 games after owning it a few years?

will never own any microsoft console, EVER. period.

i dont have estimate for games i buy per year.  i just buy whatever i want. mostly either classic or the popular ones. like final fantasy, mario, zelda, gran turismo, dragonquest, etc.  so if a particular year have 5 releases per month on those top name games, i'll get it no matter what.  if they only have 5 a year, then i only get 5 per year.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

my profile is as follows

NES -> SNES -> PS -> PS2

I've loved video games my whole life but my interest of actually playing games has diminished greatly during PS2 era.  (I still like looking at sales numbers and such)

I boot my PS2 maybe once or twice every 1~2 weeks.  Seriously, hacking a PSP is more fun :)

I'm not decided yet on the nextgen console I'll own

I have no plans to buy a PS3 either seeing the price and situation.

Most likely a 360 if prices fall and titles interest me but maybe Wii might appeal me you never know.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

I bought a Nintendo Wii launch day I have 5 games for it and try to buy roughly 12-games each year one per month.

My past consoles are as follows

Sega DreamCast

Nintendo GameCube

Nintendo 64

Super Nintendo

Nintendo Entertainment System

Atari 2600

Handhelds

Nintendo Dual-Screen

GameBoy Advance

GameBoy Colour

GameBoy Pocket

GameBoy

Games

I own 5- Wii games

I own 32 GameCube games

I own 7 DreamCast games

I own 8 DS games

(Owned but not anymore)

Roughly 20 N64 games

Roughly 10 SNES games

Roughly 10 NES games

Roughly 30 Atari 2600 games (My mom's games)

I grew up a gamer I beat Mario Bros (Atari 2600) when I was about 3 years old. Ever since I have been a gamer through elementary and middle school I cut lawns year round shoveled snow for each and every game. Only a small handfull maybe like 8 over my life time were ever given to me I've bought almost all my games.

I am proud of my collection!

(Almost forgot I did have an origional PlayStation given to me and about 4-games, but just like my buddy I never found the console to be worth my time and gave it away it didn't work that great anyways) 

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Started off with atari 2600 and had hundres of games. Used to go out and buy 5-10 every other week or so for like 50cents a pop at the local swap meet. Then I got the NES. Had probably 200 or so titles in the 10 or so years I had it. Then I was in highschool and had the SNES and Genesis. Got rid of the Genesis after a few months as it just didn't have the games I liked, and had about 80 or so games for the SNES in the 4 years I had that.

Then I started college. Games became a rarity as I always had a fulltime job (40hrs a week) and fulltime class load. During this time I borrowed a friends ps1 to play tombraider. Bought a N64 shortly after launch and purchased SM64, Goldeneye, Waverace, Zelda:OOT, Starwars ... I think that was it. Rented a few other games but only had the system for about 2 years as it became apparent I just didn't have the time. Then for the next 4 years or so I only bought a pc game every 6 months or so to play on the very limited spare time I had. A Computer Science degree coupled with a fulltime job gives you like 2 hours per week to play games if I was lucky. Then in my last semester I bought a GameCube for $80 with 2 wavebird remotes, NBA 02 i think, and the Zelda compilation disc. I thought it was a deal I could not pass up. Owned it for less than 2 years, played Zelda:MM, mortal kombat, MP1 (finished with Wii), Mario Sunshine, and a few other rentals.

Now that I have graduated and the only obsticle is work and kids. I play for about 5-10 hours a week, usually at night and will probably buy a used game off of ebay every other month or so. My sig had my current games (Sports, Play, Excite Truck, Zelda:TP, SMB, Gradius, SMWorld, MP2) and as for games that are out and I will buy soon as I get atleast a $10 disc off of ebay are Godfather & Super Paper Mario. Then in immediate future I would like to play RE4, and probably RE:UC. I am sure if I was looking at the list on IGN I would name a few others. Then by the end of the year are the obvious choices, Metroid, Mario, Brawl, and so on.

In addition to my Wii I put out $300 for my bros to buy a 360 and two games, madden 07 and Gears of War. I have played and beat GoW both in single and coop and will take their system every so often when a 'killer' app comes out that I feel I need to play.

I plan on buying a ton of vc games. Since I loved the SNES and NES. My VC breakdown will probably be a 70/30 split between 1st/3rd party games. But, hey no-one can deny that Nintendo has made some of the best games/franchises in the history of games. It has to be hard on 3rd party devs to compete.

I never cared about the sega/sony machines as their focus was not mine. I have never cared for sport games and generally don't like shooters without strong online capabilities. The battlefield franchise is the ish. The other areas Nintendo platforms just did better in the years that I bought a lot of games NES/SNES. In college I missed a lot of great games like FinalFantasies, etc. But now Nintendo seems to be going back to the NES/SNES days and I feel will have those titles I still prefer.

So am I a nintendo fanboy, sure. They just make great, fun games. Do I buy other stuff, definately and always will. Can't wait for Civilization 5 or Spore.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Or...Nintendo made a console that I find very appealing, with great potential. I would really like to get a PS2 soon...I still have to play through Shadow of the Colossus and the first God of War.

Just because I picked a console over another doesn't make me a fanboy of that company. Yes, the Wii cost more, but I see a lot of value in it...it's fun! I didn't get around to buying a PS2, because I'm not made of money, and buying a PS2 at this moment is still not in the cards...I know there will be new games on the next-gen systems like Wii, and buying a PS2 would not let play those games...which would suck. I can buy a PS2 later and get those games later...I want to get new games when they come out, so sue me.

I'm just saying. You can buy God of War... for 15$ (if you dont mind used games) and 20$ new. That is a poor mans game. (there is nothing announced on the Wii that I feel will compare to God of War... actually I think God of War is one of the best games in history... God of War2 was the same game... just more. (that was good, becuase makeing a game that close to perfect... better... usually goes the wrong way... That is in refrence to nintendo by the way)

The PS2 is still getting more smash hits in 2007 than the Wii. (I think) and come around 2008 the Wii might pull ahead.

Much like Kenobi I haven't really likd PlayStation at all since the early day's. I only ever really like Crash and Spyro but my SNES and later my N64 really took my top spot. Since my origional PlayStation was a freebie I only played it awhile I was going to mod it but the chip would have cost me 30CDN. So I descided how many games would I even burn.

Since then I chose Nintendo as my company of choice. I love Platformer's RPG's and RTS genre's. I have to say that other thn RTS both other Genre's can be bought on my GameCube. I did look at PlayStation2 a little bit in 2000 before Nintendo showed off the GameCube but Sony just lacks the first party power of Nintendo.

I love Donkey Kong , Mario , Zelda , Star Fox and StarWars was a major factor at the time too. I loved Factor5 and they were supporting Nintendo exclusively. So with LucasArts big supporter of Nintendo when I bought GCN and Nintendo's own first party line-up I saw no reason to bother with a PlayStation2 I would only buy like 15-games for it today and thats after all their thousands of releases.

I also love Sega growing up but have always had financial pressure. I chose to go Nintendo because other then Sonic and GoldenAxe their weren't really any reasons for me to get a Genesis. In 2002 however GameCube was seeing poor third party support and Sega was going down. I descided to buy a DreamCast which is now one of my favorite consoles.

So before you can call me a fanboy, I just thought I'd clear things up I also love EnsembleStudios and Bungie and might get a 360 in the near future!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Have a Wii with 6 games, DSLite with 12 games, dozens of PC games over the years.  I'm happy with all my current game choices, except, oddly enough, Metriod Prime Hunters on DS (my fault for buying a shooter when I know I don't like them).

I used to be a stupid casual.  Last-gen, had a PS2 at launch with about 15 games total, and a GC later with 4 games (3 nintendo and FF:CC), plus lots of rentals.  I didn't research my games and bought random crap cheap (which there was aplenty on the PS2) and got so fed up with it I quit non-PC gaming altogether until the DSL/Wii came out a couple years later.  That and the fact that I bought three PS2's in the end 'cause two died.  Sadly I never actually hit upon the really good games on the PS2, either.

On top of my PS2 issues, with the PS3 coming out at $600 as a trojan horse for blu-ray it killed any interest I might have had initially in that console, and the 360 doesn't seem to be much better with its shoddy hardware and rampant microtransactions.  All of the nextgen consoles are flawed, really.  The fact that I don't have an HDTV and have no plans to get one for the next year with a wedding in the fall to pay for and student loans to pay off isn't exactly helping my interest, either. ;>