By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720 'will support Blu-ray, might not play used games' - report

Please let the used games thing not be true...or at least have a way so you can borrow and lend games to your friends.

Can you imagine how horrified the CEO's at Gamestop would be about something like this?

Around the Network

sounds unlikely

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

if it won't be able to play used games, then MS you have lost a potential buyer.

I'm going to guess this is untrue, though if it is true that would be a dealbreaker for me. The DRM thing, I mean.

Sounds dodgy, especially coming from Kotaku. I'd not be surprised if they made used game support exclusive to Xbox Live Gold, though!

Around the Network

Seems highly unlikely that they'd make a console that can't play used games. Not only because it'll be unpopular with gamers in general but I think Gamestop is big enough that MS wouldn't want to piss them off that much.

I always assumed MS didn't have something like the PSN pass for their games because they already get money from XBL for playing online anyway, so what do they care how you bought the game that you're paying to play online?

Good to see Microsoft finally entering the Blu-Ray era. It's about time!
Maybe now we'll finally see some 3rd party games make full use of Blu-Ray.

arcane_chaos said:
if it won't be able to play used games, then MS you have lost a potential buyer.

MS doesn'nt care. If you only buy used games, they don't need to please you.

badgenome said:
Sounds dodgy, especially coming from Kotaku. I'd not be surprised if they made used game support exclusive to Xbox Live Gold, though!

Kotaku is a reliable site. Remember the Wii U rumors? IGN and Kotaku both had inside sources with info on it. It turned out to be true.

Now the used games thing sounds crazy. They're probably just experimenting with it.

No used games? if this report is true. looks like i will not be buying an xbox720 period . that drm measure blocks any collecting to be had once this system has died off and replaced by another and if one of my games break i tend to buy a used copy why should I have to buy a 2nd new copy? if they only break any way i don't see the need plus what if a certain game i want is not in production any more.

Microsoft had better not include this ridiculous DRM this DRM makes these games un sellable. un valuable might as well go all download only and lose me any way!