By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720 'will support Blu-ray, might not play used games' - report

Around the Network

I highly doubt they'd actually implement anything the prevents used games from being played, even if they are testing such a system out. This old rumor has been said about past generations and has never happened because it'd be a deal breaker for too many potential customers.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Well, if this rumor is true, the NeXbox will be dead before it arrives.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
no used games? i call it BS

Definitely. They can't possibly do that! And if they do, it's clearly getting jailbroken... XD

If true, Bring on the ps4

Around the Network

Ok with the inclusion of Blu-Ray. That's a smart move in the ongoing battle to be/have the ultimate multimedia box.

Bad move about used games if true, something I doubt. That would hurt Microsoft more than benefit the sales. After all, many games are sold to gamers that one week later trade that game to buy another new one. If they can't do that then there will be lower sales, and only games with long single player campaigns and/or very good online modes will sell well.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

i start to think someone is trolling IGN&Kotaku,full of rumor in less than 2days
or maybe they're trolling us

D-Joe said:
i start to think someone is trolling IGN&Kotaku,full of rumor in less than 2days
or maybe they're trolling us

I think we just suffered

Even if it is a rumour it's pretty obvious stuff

If true the next Xbox will be just a Halo machine for me. I'll buy used games on other machines and just use the next Xbox for a few killer exclusives.

It's total bullshit how publishers think they can dictate what I do with my property. Can you image the uproar across the country if Ford forced people to sign a contract that forbids customers from selling their car anytime in the future?