By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171

Wii U to be released late september in Japan and late november in US. Dunno about europe.

Final devkits! Quarter report next week and GDC March 5th-9th.

@spurgeonryan

ohhhh D:<

Thanks for the article. Now I feel as excited as if I'm watching the RE6 trailer...

:(

Why Capcom?! why?!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Hopefully they release it in September! I need birthday money for it!

About Wii U release: Unless we see a Wii U release on Japan sooner to take advantage of Dragon Quest X and than comes at September/October a release date for the States and Europe!

That "some time after E3" is just too weird to be nothing of importance... more, some news other day was talking on how crunch time for a Retro project would be eased with some DVDs someone brought in. Well, according to the site who published that, crunch time, means the final times of the development of a game. Seems to point late summer release date at tops, doesn`t it?

Very nice thread. I can't wait for Wii U and I can't wait to see what Nintendo Network is! Definetly picking up Mutant Mudds and Sakura Samurai. The demo for Resident Evil was pretty good, can't wait to test it out with my Circle Pad Pro soon. Also can't wait for the Metal Gear Solid 3 demo, should be coming out later this month cause it comes out on the 27th. I think I need a bigger SD card now that I only have about 10,000 blocks left... Mutant Mudds and Sakura Samurai is going to take nearly 30 percent of that and I don't know about the other demos. Does anybody know if I can just store all of my data on my computer and then put it on my new SD card?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Rayman Origins coming out on Feburary 20th for North America and Feburary 16th for Europe! For 3DS!
http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1216940p1.html

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Very nice thread. I can't wait for Wii U and I can't wait to see what Nintendo Network is! Definetly picking up Mutant Mudds and Sakura Samurai. The demo for Resident Evil was pretty good, can't wait to test it out with my Circle Pad Pro soon. Also can't wait for the Metal Gear Solid 3 demo, should be coming out later this month cause it comes out on the 27th. I think I need a bigger SD card now that I only have about 10,000 blocks left... Mutant Mudds and Sakura Samurai is going to take nearly 30 percent of that and I don't know about the other demos. Does anybody know if I can just store all of my data on my computer and then put it on my new SD card?

That is a really good question! Someone was talking about that the other day. May have either been D21Lewis or Smeags.

So as to not over post.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - 3D Classics: Kid Icarus preorder bonus - participating retailers

Yesterday we noted that Nintendo would be offering 3D Classics: Kid Icarus as a preorder bonus to those that pick up Kid Icarus: Uprising. What we didn't know was the retailers that would be participating. Now we've learned that GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon will all offer you the free download code to grab the eShop bonus.

3DS - Built in Software and Applications Trailer

@bolded Was that a past experience?

Pokemonbrawlvg said:

yes you can store the data on your computer and put it on a new SD card

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Hope Capcom does not more "test" games for the WiiU (like both Chronicles). Altough very good on-rails experiences, I would like a game more in the line of Revelations (Jill part - demo).

I don't mind if RE6 won't come to WiiU.

spurgeonryan said:

NEW BOX ART!

Online retailer game deals - Jan. 20th

Gamestop

Kid Icarus: Uprising pre-order bonus: Get 3D Classics Kid Icarus free with your Kid Icarus: Uprising pre-order (3DS, $39.99 new, available March 23rd)

More pre-order offers: Free set of exclusive Pokemon themed Wii remote skins with your Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond pre-order (Wii, $49.99 new, available February 27th), Gamestop exclusive 3DS Circle Pad Pro accessory (3DS, $19.99, available February 7th), Free Resident Evil themed 3DS case with Resident Evil: Revelations pre-order (3DS, $49.99, available February 7th), Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii, $49.99, April 2nd, exclusively available via Gamestop and Nintendo.com), The Amazing Spider-Man (DS, $19.99, save $10.00, available July 3rd), The Amazing Spider-Man (3DS, $29.99, save $10.00, available July 3rd)

Buy 2, Get 1: Buy 2 pre-owned games, get 1 free - for Wii, DS, 3DS and other popular systems. Sale ends January 22nd.

Coupons: Save 10% off purchases of in-stock merchandise totaling $79.99 or more with code HAWTD; Save $15 when you purchase 2 new in-stock games priced $59.99 or more with code TEBO

Skylander Savings: $20 off Skylanders Skyro's Adventure Starter Packs - for Wii, 3DS, and other popular systems.

$10 off MW3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Wii, $39.99 new, save $10.00)

Amazon (orders ship free, or ship free with a combined total order of $25 or more)

Wii deals: Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii, $24.99, 50% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack (Wii, $49.99, save $20.00, free S&H)

Portable music gaming: Jam Sessions (DS, $7.89, 61% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Jam Sessions 2 (DS, $5.99, 80% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Guitar Hero: On Tour with guitar accessory bundle (DS/DS Lite only, $7.20, 76% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Michael Jackson: The Experience (DS, $5.99, 70% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Band Hero with guitar accessory and drum skin bundle (DS Lite only, $9.73, 76% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Guitar Hero: On Tour: Decades with guitar accessory bundle (DS/DS Lite only, $7.84, 69% off, order fulfilled by Amazon)

3DS discounts: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack (3DS, $49.99, save $20.00, free S&H), Nano Assault (3DS, $19.99), Bit.Trip Saga (3DS, $28.17, save $11.82, free S&H), Madden NFL Football (3DS, $13.96, 53% off, order fulfilled by Amazon)

DS games for $10 or less: The Golden Compass (DS, $6.83, 66% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Bust-A-Move DS (DS, $8.48, 58% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Feel The Magic (DS, $8.62, 57% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Ninja Reflex (DS, $9.97, 50% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Guinness World Records: The Video Game (DS, $9.96, 50% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Chocolatier (DS, $8.24, 59% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Master of Illusion (DS, $9.99, 50% off, order fulfilled by Amazon), Magical Starsign (DS, $8.99, 40% off, order fulfilled by Amazon)

Other Retailers

Walmart 3DS bundle offer: 3DS base system with free travel case and one free select 3DS game (everything for $169.00) - game selection includes Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Rabbids Travel in Time 3D, and more.

Toys R Us: Rayman Origins (Wii, $19.99, free S&H)

Best Buy: Bonus 3DS case with Resident Evil: Revelations pre-order (3DS, $49.99, free S&H, available February 2nd); Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack (Wii, $49.99, save $20.00, free S&H)

Target, $20 gift card with 3DS base system purchase ($169.99): Aqua Blue, Cosmo Black, Flame Red

Thanks to GrubberGamer for the heads up!

Capcom details Resident Evil: Revelations development, had Resident Evil 5 running on 3DS

The following information comes from an Iwata Asks feature with producer, Masachika Kawata...

- the idea for a Resident Evil on 3DS came to Kawata once learning about the 3DS at E3 2010
- Revelations focuses on fear due to the love that fans have for the RE remake on GameCube
- the dev team started with The Mercenaries to build up experience on the platform
- the team also got Resident Evil 5 up and running on 3DS
- Revelations was then developed alongside Mercenaries to share info between the two teams
- this is the first time a Resident Evil game has had a Japanese voice track
- the decision was made because the team wanted Revelations to feel like a foreign TV drama
- the game is split up into 12 chapters
- there are several scenes ending with cliffhangers
- events aren’t always depicted in chronological order
- features reoccurring theme music
- music for the game was recorded using orchestrated instruments, with a focus on piano
- Raid Mode was inspired by watching the Monster Hunter team
- the staff that worked on fine-tuning Mercenaries 3D was called upon to develop Raid Mode

AWESOME Box Art! It's very colorful. Also going off the American Release for KI it seems Japan and America are only a day apart. That's good news

spurgeonryan said:
Pavolink said:

Hope Capcom does not more "test" games for the WiiU (like both Chronicles). Altough very good on-rails experiences, I would like a game more in the line of Revelations (Jill part - demo).

I don't mind if RE6 won't come to WiiU.

I hope that we get very few on rails games with the Wii U. That always upset me about the Wii that we got half games like that.

I'm sure there will be zero on-rails games in WiiU. But I can't guarantee about card games...

Resident Evil Card game - NintendoxCapcom

Wesker Vs Rebecca

Ada is the most powerful card.

Also, Iwata Asks for Revelations???