By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "The Official Nintendo News Thread" Thread might be locked for good. If not, you can only view it with your pages turned to 25 posts per page. Thread Under Construction.

Bonus points for me: Is Machina an Awesome mod?

Hell Yes! 167 73.25%

Yes 0 0%

Most assuradely 0 0%

Other option that is bett... 3 1.32%

I want to have his babies. 1 0.44%

Total:171
BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:

They probably won't have one, they will just defend their reasons. It might have something to do with sercurity?

Why would it threaten security o.O

It just allows you to play games from another region because usually there are a few games that are PAL exclusive ;x.

Thats the point, I really don't know. XD

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
manuel said:
NintendoPie said:
manuel said:
No date for Japan?
I also want to play Rayman Origins.
Damn region lock!!!

Sadly Rayman hasn't been popular in Japan so Ubisoft probably is just not wanting to take a chance.

Yeah... probably. I think I'll write Nintendo an angry letter about region locking. I'd like to see their "apologies". :/

They probably won't have one, they will just defend their reasons. It might have something to do with sercurity?

What you have to know about Japanese companies: When you have a complaint, at first they ALWAYS apologize. They say that they're sorry for the inconvenience they're causing.

Then they state a reason (maybe.)

It doesn't have to do with security. Only money (overseas sales reduce the income in the home region).

On the surface the reason is "protection". Every region has different rating systems as you may know. Region locking prevents let's say children from Japan playing games from America that weren't rated in Japan or games that aren't "suitable" for Japan for any reason. And vice versa.

That reason is stupid in my opinion. I'm an adult according to any legislation in the world and I can decide for myself what's appropriate for me. So they should at least give me an option to make it region free if I can prove that I'm an adult.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
NintendoPie said:
manuel said:
NintendoPie said:
manuel said:
No date for Japan?
I also want to play Rayman Origins.
Damn region lock!!!

Sadly Rayman hasn't been popular in Japan so Ubisoft probably is just not wanting to take a chance.

Yeah... probably. I think I'll write Nintendo an angry letter about region locking. I'd like to see their "apologies". :/

What you have to know about Japanese companies: When you have a complaint, at first they ALWAYS apologize. They say that they're sorry for the inconvenience they're causing.

Then they state a reason (maybe.)

It doesn't have to do with security. Only money (overseas sales reduce the income in the home region).

On the surface the reason is "protection". Every region has different rating systems as you may know. Region locking prevents let's say children from Japan playing games from America that weren't rated in Japan or games that aren't "suitable" for Japan for any reason. And vice versa.

That reason is stupid in my opinion. I'm an adult according to any legislation in the world and I can decide for myself what's appropriate for me. So they should at least give me an option to make it region free if I can prove that I'm an adult.

It kind of does make since. I thought Ubisoft was an French company?

Yes, I only used America and Japan as an example. Same goes for Europe, too.
I still think the whole concept is stupid.

All companies in the world are trying to convey that we are all "one world" (keyword: globalization). They produce in the country that is the cheapest, but they artificially limit in what countries we can use their goods. That's hypocrisy at its finest.

But I shouldn't digress again...

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
Yes, I only used America and Japan as an example. Same goes for Europe, too.
I still think the whole concept is stupid.

All companies in the world are trying to convey that we are all "one world" (keyword: globalization). They produce in the country that is the cheapest, but they artificially limit in what countries we can use their goods. That's hypocrisy at its finest.

But I shouldn't digress again...

(this may be random...) I've noticed that 3DS games are made in Japan now! In America I'm pretty sure our DS and Wii games were made in China. My most recent Wii game said it was made in America. So it seems America's Nintendo games for 3DS are made in Japan and the Wii games are made in America!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

NintendoPie said:

It kind of does make since. I thought Ubisoft was an French company?

I came in at the wrong time. I thought they were French as well.

High-quality Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance scans

What is the Nintendo Network video (another take on it)

Why Reggie is not worried about the Wii U!

Wow lots of stuff!! And yes Ubisoft is a French Company. 

I'll be back with more news later! If I can find any....

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I'll be back with more news later! If I can find any....

It is the weekend so it will probably not have too much news out there. Unless some angry Nintendo employee leaks some news at some point.

Iwata says the Wii U will support 3D graphics

Does it support 3D graphics?

Another box ticked, though it's not a cornerstone of Nintendo's strategy, says Iwata. "If you are going to connect Wii U with a home TV capable of displaying 3D images, technologically, yes, it is going to be possible, but that's not the area we are focusing on." After Super Mario 3D Land, though, we're investing in an enormo-telly in preparation for EAD Tokyo's next outing.

Wii U Disks information

Will it support Blu-Ray?

Nope, so you still won't be able to use a Nintendo console as a movie player. Though the ever-chatty Katsuya Eguchi confirmed that it will use "proprietary high-density optical discs" of the same (25GB) capacity. So it's Blu-Ray in everything but name, then. It won't come with a hard drive, mind - instead, Nintendo are relying on internal flash memory, which can be expanded via SD cards and external USB drives.

Kid Icarus playtime

Hopefully XD

And that 3D Wii U News is sort of older.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

spurgeonryan said:
Pavolink said:

http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

Oooooh! Another Wii U game. I am watching Dr. WHO on my tablet, so I cannot get to the link. When does it say that it comes out?

It doesn't say anything about a release date for the Wii U's version.