By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anonymous takes down various govt and Copyright websites, backslash to Megaupload's shutdown.

Tagged games:

After the recent shutdown of the filehoster Megaupload, Anonymous decided to take revenge on the Government and the Copyright agencies.

Anonymous just took down the websites of the Department of Justice, Universal Music Group, RIAA, the FBI and MPAA. Yep, all at the same time. And that's not all:

the websites of the Police of Utah, the US-Copyright Office and the french Copyright agency Hadopi were attacked. Even an attack on WhiteHouse.gov is planned.

...and here comes the spicy part: Anonymous says this is just the beginning.

UPDATE: The following websites have been taken down: justice.gov; universalmusic.com; riaa.org; mpaa.org; copyright.gov; hadopi.fr; wmg.com; usdoj.gov; bmi.com; fbi.gov, utahchiefs.org

http://www.telekom-presse.at/Anonymous_legen_US-Justizministerium_und_Musikverlage_lahm.id.18387.htm

https://twitter.com/anonops

Apperently, the shutdown didn't have much effect, as Megaupload reopened under a new domain. I won't link to it here, though, as  it isn't clear at the moment wether this is the real Megaupload or just another hoster trying to take fame from it.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

They'd better watch it.

And so, WW3 has started ^_^

morenoingrato said:
And so, WW3 has started ^_^

Yay! Fun!... XD

yeah THAT will show them....not

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

It's not that I like Anonymous, it's just that they always manage to fight against slightly more heinous enemies.

Love and tolerate.

Interesting to see what will come of this.

Who has my popcorn?

They really are stupid to start fucking around with the FBI ...

wfz said:
Interesting to see what will come of this.

Who has my popcorn?

I found it, but MJ is eating it:

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Seece said:
They really are stupid to start fucking around with the FBI ...

They've done so before and gotten away with it.

Love and tolerate.