By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Perry drops out of GOP presidential race, endorses Gingrich

mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
pezus said:
mrstickball said:
pezus said:
Who's this Newt guy? Is he good or bad? (yes, I haven't followed the USA election hype)

My opinion is 'Somewhere in the middle'.

He was a pretty darn good speaker of the house (IMO) under Bill Clinton during the late 90s, which saw the US debt shrink for the first time in decades. Closest guy I could compare him to in other ways would be Silvio Burlusconi - especially the private life. Has a lot of skeletons in his closet.

Personally, I prefer him over Romney, but both aren't great great, really.

So obama it is then?

No. Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

yeah if you like the idea of all  high priority terrorists, especially Osama bin laden being still alive. and if you like the idea of a Nuclear Iran.

if we could have Ron Paul without his foreign policy, he'd be great. 

his last debate really showed how clueless he was when it came to foreign policy.

i would much prefer, a Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, colonel allen west, or Scott Walker.

You mean............Gary Johnson?

As for the others you mentioned, none of them are going to reduce the size of government like Paul or Johnson would.

Gary johnson supports the mass murdering of unborn children. So no 

both Johnson and Paul would be great as like a treasurey secretary (or what ever posistion has a big role in JUST the economy.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
mrstickball said:

No. Ron Paul or Gary Johnson.

How is Ron Paul looking right now?  I haven't paid any attention to any of the debates or primaries since I am not republican.  However, since Ron Paul is more libertarian than anything I have a foundness for him.  I hope he has a chance.  I was listening to Rush yesterday (not sure why I just wanted him to piss me off again I suppose) and he takes a decent amount of cheap shots at Ron Paul pretty much labeling him as wacko (or at least that is what he led me to believe).  Pretty much I need to never turn on fox talk radio ever again (unless Clark Howard is on).

In general, Ron Paul is doing a bit poorly. Out of the four remaining candidates, he's about tied with Santorum for last place, with about 15% of people supporting him nationwide over the three other candidates. Gingrich and Romney are at about 20% and 30% respectively, although Rick Perry's endorsement would theoretically give Gingrich another 5%.

South Carolina essentially supports Gingrich at the expense of Paul and Santorum. Florida is even worse, with less than 10% of those polled chose Paul.

The good news is, other than Romney, Paul stands the best chance at beating Obama in November. Santorum and Gingrich isolate too many moderates.

If Paul has any hope, he has to win in states in the northern half of the country. For some reason, he tends to do better in places where the winter is cold. In 2008, his best states were Washington, Montana, Idaho, and Maine.

Love and tolerate.

osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:

yeah if you like the idea of all  high priority terrorists, especially Osama bin laden being still alive. and if you like the idea of a Nuclear Iran.

his last debate really showed how clueless he was when it came to foreign policy.

i would much prefer, a Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, colonel allen west, or Scott Walker.

As for the others you mentioned, none of them are going to reduce the size of government like Paul or Johnson would.

both Johnson and Paul would be great as like a treasurey secretary (or what ever posistion has a big role in JUST the economy.

Gary was one if the first governors to pass a partial birth abortion ban, and also signed legislation to require parental consent, FYI.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:

Gary was one if the first governors to pass a partial birth abortion ban, and also signed legislation to require parental consent, FYI.

i guess, i was getting one of his policies with Ron Puals.

well is still dont support his view on drugs, pot i can understand, not others.

anyway im 100% against any form of killing an unborn child, regardless of the term, you are murdering a child no matter what age, so stopping partial birth abortion is hardly anything to be proud of. i cant see how anybody with any shred of inteligence can be for massacring a child as its being born. (for that matter murdering a child at any age).

but Newt should still be a pretty good candidate (far from perfect) but still good, it seems he has turned away from most of his liberal tendencies, and is a strong fiscal conservative. much  better candidate than Romney.

but im sure you would agree that these men would be near perfect presidents: Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, colonel allen west, or Scott Walker

osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:

anyway im 100% against any form of killing an unborn child, regardless of the term, you are murdering a child no matter what age, so stopping partial birth abortion is hardly anything to be proud of. i cant see how anybody with any shred of inteligence can be for massacring a child as its being born. (for that matter murdering a child at any age).

but Newt should still be a pretty good candidate (far from perfect) but still good, it seems he has turned away from most of his liberal tendencies, and is a strong fiscal conservative. much  better candidate than Romney.

but im sure you would agree that these men would be near perfect presidents: Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, colonel allen west, or Scott Walker

I honestly don't see the problem in being pro choice and why they get so much hate. Let the women, simply. I mean seriously, just let the woman decide. If she feels remorse for having an abortion, fine, no problem, another life into this world. If she wants to have an abortion, go for it. It's obvious you don't want the baby. Done deal. I would appreciate if you were not to agressive on just a simple issue. How could you put into question the intelligence on millions of people like that? "You don't agree with me because of so and so. It's obvious you're pretty goddamn dumb."

OT about Ron Paul: He isn't getting the coverage he deserves. He was ignored TWICE during the debate, the second time the audience had to intervene to LET HIM SPEAK....ABOUT ABORTION FOR FUCKS SAKE. He's a doctor, how the hell do you blatantly skip him like that? Video proof BTW:

Look at John 's face at the end. Fucking priceless.

OT on the debate: Newt stated well but lost some steam as the debate went on. Ron Paul made some strong points, but was still largely ignored due to media bias. Santorum took Newt and Romney to town a few times and did an overall solid performance. Romney...Oh Romney, you freaking mess. It was jobs this, america is the hope is the earth that, Obama is wrong, I am right and complete fumble about his tax returns.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Not Strong enough.

osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:

Ron Paul is pro life so no issue there either. He's delivered like 4,000 babies or something as a doctor!

And as for his foreign policy its really smart if you look at it from the other side. The idea is if you leave other countries alone they'll leave you alone too, 9/11 probably wouldn't have happened if USA wasn't always meddling over there in Middle Eastern affairs and therfore Bin Laden wouldn't have had the label of a terrorist and it would be no issue that he's still alive. 

Also he's against foreign aid which I love. No more stealing money from Americans and sending it to African warlords so they can buy guns and kill their people. 

Thank Gawd! He was so fake to me.

Areym said:
osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:

I honestly don't see the problem in being pro choice and why they get so much hate. Let the women, simply. I mean seriously, just let the woman decide. If she feels remorse for having an abortion, fine, no problem, another life into this world. If she wants to have an abortion, go for it. It's obvious you don't want the baby. Done deal. I would appreciate if you were not to agressive on just a simple issue. How could you put into question the intelligence on millions of people like that? "You don't agree with me because of so and so. It's obvious you're pretty goddamn dumb."

OT about Ron Paul: He isn't getting the coverage he deserves. He was ignored TWICE during the debate, the second time the audience had to intervene to LET HIM SPEAK....ABOUT ABORTION FOR FUCKS SAKE. He's a doctor, how the hell do you blatantly skip him like that? Video proof BTW:

Look at John 's face at the end. Fucking priceless.

OT on the debate: Newt stated well but lost some steam as the debate went on. Ron Paul made some strong points, but was still largely ignored due to media bias. Santorum took Newt and Romney to town a few times and did an overall solid performance. Romney...Oh Romney, you freaking mess. It was jobs this, america is the hope is the earth that, Obama is wrong, I am right and complete fumble about his tax returns.

i dont believe that the woman has a choice on whether or not to kill a child. i do however believe she can do what ever she wants to her own body.

the problem with abortion is, that it is not her own body, something that is scientifical proven over and over, and more convincingly as technology advances. its a Scientific fact that from the moment of conception, the baby is an individual being having its own seperate DNA. it is a life seperate from her own.

So no it is the the womans choice any more than it is her choice to kill her toddler or infant.

furthermore if someone can be charged for double murder for killing a pregnant women, then how the hell is the woman not charged with murder for killing her unborn child. You cant have it both ways. it cant be a child when it wasnt the woman chosing to kill the child, but not a child when she decides to contribute to an ongoing genocide.

Marks said:
osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:
mrstickball said:
osamanobama said:

Ron Paul is pro life so no issue there either. He's delivered like 4,000 babies or something as a doctor!

And as for his foreign policy its really smart if you look at it from the other side. The idea is if you leave other countries alone they'll leave you alone too, 9/11 probably wouldn't have happened if USA wasn't always meddling over there in Middle Eastern affairs and therfore Bin Laden wouldn't have had the label of a terrorist and it would be no issue that he's still alive. 

Also he's against foreign aid which I love. No more stealing money from Americans and sending it to African warlords so they can buy guns and kill their people. 

he may personal be against abortion, but he still believes it shouldnt be illegal/left up to states. 

i can not support someone who supports murder being legal.

as for the bolded. NO. he was is and has been a terrorist, in fact he's killed more of his own people. it doesnt matter what the US does, the terrorist dont need reasons, they create their own, it wouldnt matter to them, as terrorists arent logical. and that still doesnt defend the stupidity of if he were in charge, we would not have killed Osama, or other high value terrorists. they would still be at large, and still mass murdering. Iran would also be well on its way to be getting a nuclear weapon (even more so than right now) and he wouldnt do anything about it. Even though they want nothing more than the destruction of US and Israel, or any other infidels, even if it means killing millions of their own people.

the thing is you cant undo the past, whats done is done. Ron Paul cant change that. he has to live in the world we do today. and that means having a defense policy to fit that. Not one that will leave the US illprepared for any attack. one that would let all our enemies do as they please, wrecking havic, murdering millions.

for your last part. I agree