By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Barack Obama does on his free time instead of fixing America.

spaceguy said:

Considering there is a do nothing congress called republicons. I think we all now who has not done a f'ing thing. Name anything the republicon congress has done. What a joke.

A little civics for you, congress spends the money and has a lot more power to get the ecconomy going rather then the pres. He has put forth the jobs act, which is all good unless your a greedy person that won't pay taxes on there second million. You kidding me.

Somebody doesn't know how the office works.  NOTHING ever gets done when its a split. Things only get done when both president and congress are the same party.  If they aren't, then the other just votes the other way.  THUS nothing gets done.  Blame Obama as much as Republicans. If republicans had a plan Obama would shut it down, if Obama has a plan Republicans shut it down.  thus nothing happens.  BUT the media is insanely left wingers thus all they talk about is how republicans shut down everything and not that the same thing is happening the other way around.  Not to mention Obama only blames people since his election.  You can only blame somebody for so long.  You have been in office for four years, you have full control for 2 of them.  Time to take responsibility.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
spaceguy said:

Considering there is a do nothing congress called republicons. I think we all now who has not done a f'ing thing. Name anything the republicon congress has done. What a joke.

A little civics for you, congress spends the money and has a lot more power to get the ecconomy going rather then the pres. He has put forth the jobs act, which is all good unless your a greedy person that won't pay taxes on there second million. You kidding me.

Somebody doesn't know how the office works.  NOTHING ever gets done when its a split. Things only get done when both president and congress are the same party.  If they aren't, then the other just votes the other way.  THUS nothing gets done.  Blame Obama as much as Republicans. If republicans had a plan Obama would shut it down, if Obama has a plan Republicans shut it down.  thus nothing happens.  BUT the media is insanely left wingers thus all they talk about is how republicans shut down everything and not that the same thing is happening the other way around.  Not to mention Obama only blames people since his election.  You can only blame somebody for so long.  You have been in office for four years, you have full control for 2 of them.  Time to take responsibility.

So what side you on? It's the firefighters, teachers, cops and unions fault we are in debt or the deregulation of wall st., banks and tax breaks for the rich. lets also not forget the bush tax cuts obama extended for the republicans, which is a reason I lost some respect for obama. See the thing is the republicans have said meet us here and then the dems do, only for republicans  to move more to the right. IT's happened a lot. So yes, I'm on the side of the firefighters and hardworkers that are not that stupid to understand that this was the banks,wall st, 2 wars and the rich not paying there fair share that caused the biggest crisis since 1929.  See when you give tax breaks to corporations and others. you take form infrastructure and many other programs that are the back bone of america. Majority of people on food stamps and the like are old veterans, Kids and 30% is people with under paying jobs. I agree there is fraud, so regulate more. Demand creats jobs not tax breaks.

spaceguy said:
irstupid said:
spaceguy said:

So what side you on? It's the firefighters, teachers, cops and unions fault we are in debt or the deregulation of wall st., banks and tax breaks for the rich. lets also not forget the bush tax cuts obama extended for the republicans, which is a reason I lost some respect for obama. See the thing is the republicans have said meet us here and then the dems do, only for republicans  to move more to the right. IT's happened a lot. So yes, I'm on the side of the firefighters and hardworkers that are not that stupid to understand that this was the banks,wall st, 2 wars and the rich not paying there fair share that caused the biggest crisis since 1929.  See when you give tax breaks to corporations and others. you take form infrastructure and many other programs that are the back bone of america. Majority of people on food stamps and the like are old veterans, Kids and 30% is people with under paying jobs. I agree there is fraud, so regulate more. Demand creats jobs not tax breaks.

ha, what side am I on.  Typical Democratic responce, toss people into categories, or classes.  

Been playing a lot of SWTOR lately so tossing this in, you sound like Anakin when he said "your either with me or against me"  followed by Obi-Wan "only the dark side speaks in absolutes"

If you want my view on unions, then go and read up on the Bolsheviks.  They are what a union is.  That's what happens when a union takes control of a country. Unions are only a plague on a country now.  They served their purpose already of making sure America doesn't have workforce like Foxconn, now all they do is steal money for their few upper people.  Whenever you see a union strike after months of no work, the employees get to come back and make like $0.10 more an hour.  Meanwhile the union leaders get millions.

spaceguy said:
irstupid said:
spaceguy said:

im sorry but you must live in a different country than I because in the US Wall Street, as well as almost everything else is heavily regulated, in fact the governments regulations and policies is exactly what caused our financial downturn (see: giving risky mortgages to people who dont deserve them).

rather than ask what in the US is heavily regulated, a better question would be: What isnt regulated?

and the rich dont pay there fair share? you realize they pay over 70% of the tax burden, while nearly half the country foots 0%  of the tax burden? and you are saying the rich dont pay there fair share? not only do they pay the most, they also have the highest tax rates, as well as the highest corporate tax rates in the WORLD! letting anybody and everybody KEEP their OWN MONEY that they EARN, is always a good thing.

osamanobama said:
spaceguy said:
irstupid said:
spaceguy said:

im sorry but you must live in a different country than I because in the US Wall Street, as well as almost everything else is heavily regulated, in fact the governments regulations and policies is exactly what caused our financial downturn (see: giving risky mortgages to people who dont deserve them).

rather than ask what in the US is heavily regulated, a better question would be: What isnt regulated?

and the rich dont pay there fair share? you realize they pay over 70% of the tax burden, while nearly half the country foots 0%  of the tax burden? and you are saying the rich dont pay there fair share? not only do they pay the most, they also have the highest tax rates, as well as the highest corporate tax rates in the WORLD! letting anybody and everybody KEEP their OWN MONEY that they EARN, is always a good thing.

Regulation is not what happened period. Thats why the banks did all the sub prime loans and crashed this ecconomy. Reagan with shredding sherman anti trust act, then glass steagal. > How about high fregency trading that causes wall st. to go up and down. BUSH DEREGULATED AND THEN WE CRASHED. So if deregulation didn't do it then why did the federal reserve borrow 7,700,000,000,000 To the banks. You The rich pay max 15% . they pay 70% because they make millions per yer. So much more money that they should pay a higher rate because the roads, lake, bridges they ruin from making there money is expensive. Many of the things you take for granted like sewer or water cost money. Go to mexico and see what it's like giving tax breaks to the rich and letting them shit all over your country.  We do not have the highest corporate tax rates because they have loop holes. Some people are so f'ing ------- it's funny Go watch fox news.

this is a real graph . Before reagan Or 1980 the rich payed a way higher tax rate and so did corporations and there was a lot more regulations. You see all the people made a lot more money. learn something other then watching Bill O' Reilly because you sound yah. Fox news was found that there people knew less then people who didn't watch news at all. LOL thats you.

The top 400 families in america make more money then the bottom 150,000,000 People. So if they make that much and I pay around 30% tax rate and they  pay 15% and sometime 0%, nothing. The things government does is not free. For instance the stop lights down the road are very expensive. You want to know whyl because they have to be pricise. How would you like it if they change green for both sides. You think everything is free and you want a hand out to the rich, let call it corporate welfare. Your ok with that but not helping people who work there arse of and can't even afford to eat. Hum I wonder what jesus said about that?  Get your head out of your ---

Around the Network
osamanobama said:

LOL, dude, of course they pay 70% of the burden, they have all the money! You are complaining that half the country foots 0% of the tax burden?

Well I'll tell you something, maybe if the companies in your country started paying people working in cáfes and diners and Wal-Mart etc more than 6 bucks an hour, they would actually have some money to pay taxes with? I think you should be worried that there are too many people that are poor, not that the rich people don't get to keep enough.

And you are aware that the middle class in America has not had a real incrase in Purchasing Power since the 70s? While the richest per cent just got richer and richer? 

I did a road trip through the United States this summer, I drove through 13 states, from New York to California. The stuff in your malls is so cheap my wife and I shopped so much we had to buy another suitcase. Renting a car for month cost less than renting it for a week would over here, the price of gas was less than half of what I pay at home, and the food in your diners was so cheap I felt bad.

It's funny with america, because even tho most people are not rich, because of the american dream, everyone thinks they may be someday, so they are worried that maybe, in the future, they'll get taxed hard. So we have to defend the rich!

But the truth is you have almost now taxes, the sales tax in even the most heavily taxed states is less than half of what is normal VAT rate in the rest of the industrialized world, you have the some of the highest crime rates, some of the highest poverty rates, the most people in prison.

But yes, it's because the rich aren't making enough that the rest of America is doing so badly. If you had normalized your capital gains tax (wtf 15%, I wish I could put all my money over there, I pay twice that), maybe you wouldnt have so much trouble balancing your budgets.

Don't believe the Tea party lie, the US does not have a spending problem, you have an income problem, and the problem is low taxes.

EUROPE has a spending problem. But yeah, keep defending the rich, and 30 years from now, you will be just where you are today, but your super-rich will be even richer, and the average chinese guy will have a better financial situation than the average american.

PS: I am a capitalist, but a capitalist that knows that a little bit of tax never hurt anybody.

Considering that the last guy logged more vacation hours than any other president, he's doing a lot.

Funny thing. Glancing at you thread title quickly, I though that it said something completely different...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

This is the problem with America, He just blocked the bill to build the pipe-line that would have made more jobs and lower the gas prices in america yet hes partying in Hawaii or some other exotic place while we all suffer! B.S.

If the gas prices go higher than $4 he should get impeached

recreational drugs to save the day with tax,i bet they wish they didn't go so overboard with the pointless propaganda now in most govts,lulz

Above & Beyond

Lyrikalstylez said:
This is the problem with America, He just blocked the bill to build the pipe-line that would have made more jobs and lower the gas prices in america yet hes partying in Hawaii or some other exotic place while we all suffer! B.S.

If the gas prices go higher than $4 he should get impeached

Lol

You need to stop drinking the GoP coolaid...

it's funny how everyone always blame government for gas prices...

So what have you done recently to lower your gas useage ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !