By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart (week ending 14th Jan.)

pezus said:
@millenium and jay520: you wish :-d

This bet actually had me worried for a second before I saw that fucked up smiley face. A 'd,' really? That's the letter you used? You're just a bundle of incompetence, aren't you? I know I don't have to be afraid to lose a bet against someone who can't even form coherent smiley faces.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
pezus said:

This bet actually had me worried for a second before I saw that fucked up smiley face. A 'd,' really? That's the letter you used? You're just a bundle of incompetence, aren't you? I know I don't have to be afraid to lose a bet against someone who can't even form coherent smiley faces.

It's a guy licking his own nose, duh.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Jay520 said:
pezus said:

Well, that's even worse. Nose-licking has no business being in his sentence. Now I know he can't even form a logical sentence. There's no way I'm losing this bet.

yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
I'm going to call BS on ME3 preorders lol. I think we'll be overshooting yet again

Obviously...but it's still going to do better than ME2 did FW (probably much better at that)

Halo 4 pre-orders are starting to get rather disappointing....oh well it was bound to happen with no release date in sight.

Don't say that. If 360 is over stated then it means PS3 will be too. And I was thinking PS3 numbers are looking quite healthy, all things considered.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So I take it BenVTrigger works in a big retailer or inside the industry right? Seems people highly value his opinion.

Gotta say Jay520 I'm not sure if you are being a little over-optimistic. Keep in mind that ME2 hasn't even reached 3.3m yet. While I'm sure ME3 will have a much bigger opening the game is also now day and date with the PS3. I think you should have made it 3.5m on 360 and PS3.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
Zim said:
So I take it BenVTrigger works in a big retailer or inside the industry right? Seems people highly value his opinion.

Gotta say Jay520 I'm not sure if you are being a little over-optimistic. Keep in mind that ME2 hasn't even reached 3.3m yet. While I'm sure ME3 will have a much bigger opening the game is also now day and date with the PS3. I think you should have made it 3.5m on 360 and PS3.

Yeah, I think he's a manager at Gamestop....or is it Gamespot?

And I know my prediction is optimistic. I'm really just going with my gut and trying to have a little fun.

pezus said:
Jay520 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Jay520 said:
pezus said:

Well, that's even worse. Nose-licking has no business being in his sentence. Now I know he can't even form a logical sentence. There's no way I'm losing this bet.

* Was using my ipod and didn't realize you actually had to use a capital D for it to work.

If you didn't realize that, what else don't you realize? Hmm... I don't know... ME3 selling 3.3m before the end of the year?

Yes, the above connection makes sense. There's no need to think about it.

Jay520 said:

Yeah, I think he's a manager at Gamestop....or is it Gamespot?

And I know my prediction is optimistic. I'm really just going with my gut and trying to have a little fun.

Well I would love you to be right Jay as I adore Mass Effect. So I will hold out hope that you manage to win it lol. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Zim said:

not positive, but I THINK he has access to gamestop preorder data. And gamestop being the biggest video game retailer in America, means those numbers correlate well with nationwide numbers. Either way xenoblade numbers look insane to me. I personally think there is no way this game will sell more week one in the United States then it will in Japan and Europe lifetime combined which is what these numbers hint at.

Vgchartz overtracked star wars, halo, and zelda, but accurately predicted gears of war, battlefield 3, and skyrim would be much bigger than their predessesors. Everything else was more or less close, but no game really had shocking sales like the above 3.

Personally I think Xenoblade, and Final Fantasy will end up being overtracked. Mass Effect numbers might be accurate, but I think the game will be shockingly frontloaded. As in similar to the mainline final fantasies in Japan. Halo 4 needs some new teasers or really any type of news. There really has been nothing since that E3 trailer.

ME3 looking to be big.

Also Kinect Star Wars already high pre orders with no release date. Interesting.