By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart (week ending 14th Jan.)

Exepcting 200k final U.S.A. preorders and 300k first week if it has an above 80 metacritic.

Around the Network

Ok I'm starting to wonder why more developers don't delay their games. I mean just look at the wonders it did for Gears 3! There's no way it would have had such high FW sales if it wasn't for that delay.

Looking at Mass Effect 3 pre-orders you can say the same. These extra months of pre-orders will really help its sales.

Jay520 said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:
Jay520 said:
Sig Control for a month?

Alright, let the games begin!

Just to clarify...

You guys are talking 3.3M World Wide or just USA?

If worldwide... sorry Pezus buddy, you'll lose hard.

Indeed

I don't know I think you might end up losing this one. As much as I like Mass Effect I don't think it will do way more than ME2 did in only 3/4ths of a year.

Don't wanna be a buzz kill but these numbers aren't close to accurate there are several games way over and some under.

I'm very curious how VG gets its pre-order data because it is consistantly off

BenVTrigger said:
Don't wanna be a buzz kill but these numbers aren't close to accurate there are several games way over and some under.

*gasp*

Not FFXIII-2 I hope!

Although I strongly fear it is :(

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

Got any names for those games? :P

*Please don't let ME3 or Halo 4 be the ones that are under*

Xenoblade at the door of 100k pre-orders. Very nice to see. Very nice indeed.

BenVTrigger said:

so this isn't as a site admin just another gamer interested in sales but you can't just say something like that without filling people in on where you think these gaping discrepancies are.  

yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Halo 4 is doing very well, thats not really one I have an issue with.

I won't go too into it but FFXIII-2 is NOT being pre-ordered equal to FFXIII it is less than the original

To have Kinect Star Wars as one of the 4 most pre-order games in the country is ludicrous

Mass Effect 3 I'm not really exact on, other than that it is indeed the currently most pre-ordered game in the nation, but no idea exact figures or anything so all I'll say is its place is right but no idea on the specifics.

And haveing Ghost Recon ( a game I have repeatedly pointed out to this site hasn't been tracked correctly as was proven in the Halo Anniversay pre-order numbers) in your list but no sign of Soul Caliber 5 on either console is again crazy to me.

BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Halo 4 is doing very well, thats not really one I have an issue with.

I won't go too into it but FFXIII-2 is NOT being pre-ordered equal to FFXIII it is less than the original

To have Kinect Star Wars as one of the 4 most pre-order games in the country is ludicrous

Mass Effect 3 I'm not really exact on, other than that it is indeed the currently most pre-ordered game in the nation, but no idea exact figures or anything so all I'll say is its place is right but no idea on the specifics.

And haveing Ghost Recon ( a game I have repeatedly pointed out to this site hasn't been tracked correctly as was proven in the Halo Anniversay pre-order numbers) in your list but no sign of Soul Caliber 5 on either console is again crazy to me.

Ok cool thanks for that man. I'm glad Halo 4 and ME3 are all right but as always I take these pre-orders with a grain of salt, still nice to see rough estimates though.