Worst game ever! 9 3.26%

I'M HATMOZA AND THIS TOPIC MAKES ME BARF 13 4.71%

I never played this game. 22 7.97%

Total:276

"best-crafted game in the series"

Seriously?

No....

....Seriously?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

you'll be fine. FFXIII is pretty good. I plan to finish it next week after a long hiatus. Just got two more chapters to go.

And I agree with you. FFXII is the best Final Fantasy so far. If it ever comes out on PSN, I will gladly play it once more.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

FFX is an nice FF. FFXII is incredible. The Ivalice Universe was amazing.

FFXIII..no. It's easy the worst in the series.

Naum said:
"best-crafted game in the series"

Seriously?

No....

....Seriously?

Take it to another topic, this isn't the place for it.

I played the very beginning of XIII, will now make a post about it.

So.. in the end this thread is gonne be one where we say: We told you so... tagging so I can go back to it in a few weeks

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Okay, I've played the opening (up to the first save point; updates in the future won't be this frequent, I'm sure).

A couple of things strike me, here:

Man, no Final Fantasy theme in the intro is kind of a bummer. Maybe the best part of the bootup intro for 12 was the way it built into the crescendo of the series theme. So good.

I remember that in every single FF I've played, after the NES era - so IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII - there are always story intro sequences. THese intro sequences always include some ass-kicking. But the difference is that those games made you do the ass-kicking. Monsters attack the Red Wings? Cecil gonna beat that ass. You're invading a small town in the north? Guess you gotta murder some guards! Final Fantasy XIII, however, starts off with a story sequence that involves a lot of action but almost no interactivity. That whole sequence in the train, with those no-threat enemies? I should have been playing that part, kicking the shit out of those guards, and used that to acquaint myself with the basics of combat.

Then I get to the first actual fight - a boss fight, no less - and it asks me if I want a tutorial for the ATB system.

A.... a tutorial for the ATB system? The one I've been using for (as far as they know) twenty years? I mean I understand that you can qeue up attacks, and that different attacks take different amounts of time to charge up an have different effectiveness, but that was true in FFIV and FFVI, too! Different spells have different casting times. The ability to qeue up attacks in order to make this casting time difference more visible isn't really necessary. In fact, it actually obfuscates the matter more than if I were to just experiment a little bit myself.

Also I notice that my attacks seem to hit multiple times whenever I hit an enemy of appropriate size (in the first phase, each individual attack seemed to hit three times), which makes it harder to keep track of the total damage I do. This is problematic in a few ways, primarily in having any idea which attacks are doing more damage. Took me a few times to get that double-attacks were doing more than Blitz, which I now assume is a group attack.

The camera angles don't help, either. I think that in terms of presentation, FF13 has slipped too far into "cinematic", to the point that it's getting in the way of presenting the information I need in order to actually succeed. FF12 had this problem - to a degree - but I could adjust the camera in combat as much as was necessary there. Not an option, in this case.

That's all for now.

Its a weak FF but a pretty good jRPG.

I like FF12 a lot. A lot more than FF13. I swear on my mother.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

You'll soon find out that Vanille is one of the best FF characters.

Icyedge said:
Its a weak FF but a pretty good jRPG.

Exactly how i feel. Except some of the characters just tend to annoy me.