By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

outlawauron said:

I don't see why Yuri Yuri doesn't count or things like Horizon and Saki (discounting gender bent shows like Koihime Musou and the recent Nobunaga ones) don't count either.

Oh, the reason is very simple. For me a yuri show is one that has a yuri couple(s) as a main subject (Kashimashi, Strawberry Panic, Aoi Hana, Sasameki Koto...), or at least the matter is quite strongly highlighted (Maria-sama ga Miteru, for instance; or Kanamemo, with one outright yuri couple that does yuri stuff - while it might seem a bit inconsistent with my statement about Yuru Yuri, the couple in Kanamemo sometimes gets a room, not to mention sleeping together; Candy Boy would fall in the same category, with the little development the sisters' relationship got). In Yuru Yuri, yuri is not a vital part of the plot (despite the name), and neither is in Horizon or Saki (as far as I know; the same might apply to widefaces, though after seeing first two episodes I can see hints of outright yuri character, probably much like Mugi in K-ON!).

[01:33] <@Palom> Question: Biology: Which major terrestial biome is characterized by very cold winters and mostly herbacious plants? (1)

[01:33] tsundra

Around the Network

Does anyone else really childish female characters.ughh thier over cute fruity nature really takes me out of the show's plot...

Does anyone remember who licensed The Legend of Condor Hero? I know seasons 2 and 3 were done, voiced and made in China, but I remember the first season being brought here by someone. Was it ADV?

Well, i started Girls und Panzer. Let's see where this goes...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Lookie at what I found:

And yes, that did happen.

Around the Network

Barduck is still alive and achieve Super Saiyan official and fights freiza' grandpa.. WTF

darkknightkryta said:

Lookie at what I found:

Dear god, it's like the worst of the early 90s all at once.

darkknightkryta said:

Lookie at what I found:

My eyes just poped out. This should be forgotten for all eternity.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
darkknightkryta said:

Lookie at what I found:

My eyes just poped out. This should be forgotten for all eternity.

Apparently the only reason they passed on this was because it was cheaper to just dub the existing anime.

Really dodged a bullet there.

This thread totally needs moar life...

Anyway...

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=5To6OuBq72w&p=n#/0;42

Tamako Market