By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Caught up on Kids on the Slope and it earned a spot in my signature.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Please ignore this post.

Can someone tell me where I can watch anime on my ps3 ( not a fan of watching anime on Youtube )

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
Can someone tell me where I can watch anime on my ps3 ( not a fan of watching anime on Youtube )

You need to convert the .mkv files that are typically distributed to .avi files, put them onto your ps3 and then press play...

It seems the only "new" anime the new Toonami is picking up is Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland. Both of which i've heard of, but neither of which i know anything about. Anyone fill me in?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:

Watching anime on youtube is an awful idea. If you really want to stream, go here or Crunchyroll.

@ Khan

Casshern is a homage to old school sentai but with a super artsy flair. It's a horrid choice as it relies on a lot of dialogue and abstract themes. It'll do very poorly.

Deadman Wonderland will be more popular. It's has some good characters and a lot of bloody action. It's a survival game in a privately owned prison full of organized fights and secret organizations.

Stefl1504 said:
SnakeDrake said:

You need to convert the .mkv files that are typically distributed to .avi files, put them onto your ps3 and then press play...

Not necessarilly... I use PS3 Media Server... it create a Multimedia server that convert ANY video format and Sub so You can streaming it on the PS3... Just conect Your PS3 via LAN to your PC and install the program... look for some tutorials on the net to configure it... and You can stream a video and let it at any minute en then later continue it after playing a game or any other video, etc...

But I use it most is to READ MANGA!... The image visor from PS3 let me Zoom in the pages without pixelating and is very confortable to read with the DualShock3...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

outlawauron said:
SnakeDrake said:

Watching anime on youtube is an awful idea. If you really want to stream, go here or Crunchyroll.

@ Khan

Casshern is a homage to old school sentai but with a super artsy flair. It's a horrid choice as it relies on a lot of dialogue and abstract themes. It'll do very poorly.

Deadman Wonderland will be more popular. It's has some good characters and a lot of bloody action. It's a survival game in a privately owned prison full of organized fights and secret organizations.

The first one host the episodes on YouTube so there's no difference...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:
outlawauron said:
SnakeDrake said:

@ Khan

The first one just has several sources for the same episodes. Youtube uploads by Publishers (ie. Funimation) are not bad quality, but generally user uploads are pretty poor. (Honestly, streaming is always a bad idea. Downloading will always be the best option)

outlawauron said:
DemoniOtaku said:
outlawauron said:
SnakeDrake said:

@ Khan

The first one just has several sources for the same episodes. Youtube uploads by Publishers (ie. Funimation) are not bad quality, but generally user uploads are pretty poor. (Honestly, streaming is always a bad idea. Downloading will always be the best option)

Generally i've found streaming pretty reliable, except in the immediate aftermath of the great Megaupload purge (which saw quite a few others voluntarily step down and killed all megavideo links, leaving the linking sites scrambling for fixes). I only tend to download more obscure series

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.