By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

BasilZero said:
pastro243 said:
I hate that maybe Im too old for lots of Shounen :(

Nope, dont think like that, that is like saying your too old for video games, that kind of thinking isnt as common as it used to be, so the same should apply to anime as well.

It's more like you're saying you're too old for a certain type or genre of video games. Like children's movie tie-ins. Shounen is just one of many genres and you certainly can grow out of it whenever the sole dictator of it is the age it is targeted at.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Anyone want to put up a summer 2012 anime line-up?

Thanks Basil!

Sword Art Online looks interesting to say the least. I may also keep my eyes peeled for Arcana Familiga and Binbougami ga!

@Stefl: Chelsea Vs Bayern Munich was the most depressing final in Champions League history...

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Yeah, but the winner has to be honored...

heh... talking about Sword Art Online... I might be working on that next season...

Around the Network

Caught up on Acchi Kocchi (super cute but jokes are that great). Starting to work on Hyouka. Really enjoyed the first two episodes. The relationship dynamics in both are quite interesting in their own way.

Soriku said:
pastro243 said:

I know, but Im finding it hard to enjoy the things I did when I was younger, the same thing is happening to me with movies and games, I dont enjoy most of them and Im ofter very critic with them.

I wouldnt watch DBZ or Naruto if I was introduced to them right now for example.

Other thing, my favorite anime is Rurouni Kenshin, but I remember it for some awesome moments, I watched it recently again, and there are some things that bother me, some cliches I dont pass anymore or some dialogue I cant stand.

I have recently watched Hajime no Ippo, Neon Genesis Evangelion and FMA Brotherhood, I really liked them a lot, but now Im hating HxH 2011 and it seems most anime is going that way.

You just have to find the right type of Shonen. For Rurouni Kenshin, you should just skip to the Kyoto arc (ep 28 IIRC). I can see why you'd think it's cliche before than but the Kyoto arc is amazing. Try watching Gintama (if you don't mind a long series) because it's very different from your typical Shonen. FMA Brotherhood is great because it's different from your typical DBZ/Naruto. As for HxH, just drop the 2011 series and watch the older one. It's pure quality and no stupid censors. HxH is great because it's also different from your typical Shonen. The York-Shin arc is a perfect example of this and it's an amazing arc

I know, I have watched RK complete like 3 times and the Kyoto arc is what stands ut as the best part and the reason I love the anime. And I already watched the whole old HxH old anime, much better that the new one. 

I will check out Gintama, seems like I would enjoy it.

How's the new Queen's Blade been? I haven't been watching, waiting for the series to end to watch it all at once.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I haven't read through every page of this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else was watching Sakamichi No Apollon (Kids on the Slope). It's by far my favorite anime right now, and my second favorite animated show (immediately behind The Legend of Korra).

Mr Khan said:
How's the new Queen's Blade been? I haven't been watching, waiting for the series to end to watch it all at once.

I hear the internet absolutely loves the new pirate character.