By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Glad you liked it Soriku. It was quite good. LTTP is better than never.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

OH SHIT! I watched Fate/Zero yesterday.. One month worth of Fae/Zero... and it was JUST JUST AWESOME!... Each chapter is better than the next.. is really strange being a serie where you already know what happen at the end...

Next Sket DAnce and Mouretsu Pirates...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:

Yeah. Do you have any recommendations for somewhat similar animes (violent, mysteries, crazy plot twists)? Only ones I can think of are Higurashi (going to start it now) and Another (might watch it but heard the ending isn't that good).

Librarian Wars: The Book of Bantorra, Stein's;Gate.

And I liked Another Ending.. it was unexpected.. at least for me...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Soriku said:
DemoniOtaku said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:

Yeah. Do you have any recommendations for somewhat similar animes (violent, mysteries, crazy plot twists)? Only ones I can think of are Higurashi (going to start it now) and Another (might watch it but heard the ending isn't that good).

I watched a couple eps of Steins;Gate but thought it was boring. Might look into Bantorra.

Is because, stein's;Gate, is a heavily dialogue based story... not so much action, but the story is awesome and the characters are lovable and unforgettable... and have some very smart comedy... for me the best serie last year...

For me, Bantorra is one of those hidden jewells that anyone should try.. the stry is fragmented in some little arcs with its own story and protagonist and then at the end a grand finale... Just great...

spurgeonryan said:
I recently watched The secret world of Arriety.

Anyone else watch this? It wasnothing amazing, but it was a nice movie.

I download it some time ago, but i'm waiting to watch it with some friends that are Ghibli lovers like me... we are gonna have a ghibli marathon.. but that's schudle after One piece's Movies marathon XD

Soriku said:
DemoniOtaku said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:

I watched a couple eps of Steins;Gate but thought it was boring. Might look into Bantorra.

If this is a true statement, I'm quite disappointed in you. Steins;Gate does everything Mirai Nikki does, but better in every way. I think it's one of the best shows to be produced in a very long time.

For Another, the ending is indeed rushed but it's still good.

I finally caught up on Moretsu Pirates. That's a plus.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

If this is a true statement, I'm quite disappointed in you. Steins;Gate does everything Mirai Nikki does, but better in every way. I think it's one of the best shows to be produced in a very long time.

I watched like 5 eps. The characters were all pretty boring and not much was happening in the story and the dialogue was kinda boring so I dropped it. Actually I dropped it twice. By 5 eps a lot happened in Mirai Nikki. In fact there really is no "down time" eps in it. Plus I liked Mirai Nikki's premise a lot more and was interested to see how it'd end. Steins;Gate...not so much. I heard Steins;Gate got interesting later but didn't really care.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. While Steins;Gate isn't as action packed as Mirai Nikki, it is told more like a narrative than an action movie. Not to take away from Future Diary's great pacing, but it certainly isn't a fault of Steins;Gate.

outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

I watched like 5 eps. The characters were all pretty boring and not much was happening in the story and the dialogue was kinda boring so I dropped it. Actually I dropped it twice. By 5 eps a lot happened in Mirai Nikki. In fact there really is no "down time" eps in it. Plus I liked Mirai Nikki's premise a lot more and was interested to see how it'd end. Steins;Gate...not so much. I heard Steins;Gate got interesting later but didn't really care.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. While Steins;Gate isn't as action packed as Mirai Nikki, it is told more like a narrative than an action movie. Not to take away from Future Diary's great pacing, but it certainly isn't a fault of Steins;Gate.

And I Stalled Mirai Nikki by after episode 1.. For me is just some clone of Death Note.. but I will watch it later... Stein's;Gate by far is better.. but is a heavily dialogue charge series.. so not all people can like it.. specially those that like more shounen action series...

And Yeah... Mouretsu pirates is Fun.. I don't know why.. but is fun... i like the relaxing space piracy XD

BasilZero said:

I've recently gotten Moretsu Pirates, looks interesting , hoping its ok at least.

I was recommended "Detroit Metal City" which looks odd but at the same time could be funny xD, I did get it as well.

Halfway done with Gundam Age's current number of episodes and loving it, though its gonna be hard to rate it, I mean between Gundam Wing and itself I mean, for me Gundam 00 and G-Gundam easily takes the #1 and #2 spots.

I've also gotten a few episodes of Gundam Wing again and will be getting the rest of the series, gonna re-watch it as well. Although I have feeling Age might come to #4 ;x.

Age is progressing pretty well although going through 3 different generations, madness. At first I thought this was gonna be kiddy and terrible like SD gundam, but glad I was proven wrong XD.

I'm gonna try to get Stein's Gate and Mirai Nikki next. I'll wait for Eureka Seven AO to end before getting it.

Also anyone can recommend me one of the mainstream big anime that I should watch next, atm I caught up completely with One Piece, so my other choices are now:

-Bleach
-Naruto
-Gintama
-Case Closed/Detective Conan (?)
-Other (?)

EDIT: I also updated the OP with the current season of Anime releases.

Gintama #1 pick. You will not regret it. It starts off slow but it gets really, really good. Bleach has its moments but Naruto is better. I haven't seen Conan so can't say.

Also for Eureka Seven AO, I heard there is a special where it summarizes the original anime so you should watch that. Someone told me it's hard to get into it if you don't remember the story from the original that much.

Since people here seem to be saying Age is pretty good, I'll have to check that out again =P

TheKoreanGuy said:
BasilZero said:

I've recently gotten Moretsu Pirates, looks interesting , hoping its ok at least.

I was recommended "Detroit Metal City" which looks odd but at the same time could be funny xD, I did get it as well.

Halfway done with Gundam Age's current number of episodes and loving it, though its gonna be hard to rate it, I mean between Gundam Wing and itself I mean, for me Gundam 00 and G-Gundam easily takes the #1 and #2 spots.

I've also gotten a few episodes of Gundam Wing again and will be getting the rest of the series, gonna re-watch it as well. Although I have feeling Age might come to #4 ;x.

Age is progressing pretty well although going through 3 different generations, madness. At first I thought this was gonna be kiddy and terrible like SD gundam, but glad I was proven wrong XD.

I'm gonna try to get Stein's Gate and Mirai Nikki next. I'll wait for Eureka Seven AO to end before getting it.

Also anyone can recommend me one of the mainstream big anime that I should watch next, atm I caught up completely with One Piece, so my other choices are now:

-Bleach
-Naruto
-Gintama
-Case Closed/Detective Conan (?)
-Other (?)

EDIT: I also updated the OP with the current season of Anime releases.

Gintama #1 pick. You will not regret it. It starts off slow but it gets really, really good. Bleach has its moments but Naruto is better. I haven't seen Conan so can't say.

Also for Eureka Seven AO, I heard there is a special where it summarizes the original anime so you should watch that. Someone told me it's hard to get into it if you don't remember the story from the original that much.

Since people here seem to be saying Age is pretty good, I'll have to check that out again =P

I'm thinking you pretty much HAVE to watch Eureka Seven before Ao at this point. You will lose out on so much.

As far as which series to start, I pick none of the above. No reason to start a long running series when there are hundreds of great shows (12-26 episodes) that I know you have not seen. My two cents anyways.

Soriku said:

Mirai Nikki is nothing like Death Note...what gave you that idea?

Ah.. Come on! A God give a tool to the protagonist to entertain him self.. the diference is he give it to more people and is a more modern tool XD

I know the characters a plot is a little diferent.. but idea is very similar.. at leats at the begining...