By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

UltimateUnknown said:
Why the heck did they have a jacked ending for Mirai Nikki anime? For some reason they chose not to animate the last few pages of the manga, the pages that were the most awesome.

I've heard the exact opposite from friends. All whom have read the manga were very happy that they anime ended how they did, as they said the manga ending wasn't very authentic and forced a happy end.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Why the heck did they have a jacked ending for Mirai Nikki anime? For some reason they chose not to animate the last few pages of the manga, the pages that were the most awesome.

I've heard the exact opposite from friends. All whom have read the manga were very happy that they anime ended how they did, as they said the manga ending wasn't very authentic and forced a happy end.

I think most people missed what the manga was trying to do, It was a very unique way to end unlike anything I have seen before. From what I could tell and from what quite a few others have considered is that the mangaka was going for a dual ending, you could choose what end you want essentially. The end your friends referred to (the sad end) is the first end that a lot of people expected from this series since it was somewhat dark and gory to begin with. This is because after you see the (assumably) last panel, the rest of the pages are white which normally signifies the end of a book or manga. But the author cleverly used it to disguise the extra ending sequence that began a few pages later which gave the happy end. In essesnce I imagine some people could have just thought the first to be the ending and left it at that, but really I think it was the mangaka's way of saying you can choose which way you want it to end:happy or sad.

To me personally though, the way the ending was presented was much more interesting. But if I had to choose of course I would choose the happy end, why the heck would I want the male protagonist who gradually falls in love with the female protagonist over the course of the entire series to be trapped in some kind of limbo state, I would much rather have his love be realised even if it is through the breaking of space-time itself. Heck yea.

Buzzi said:
outlawauron said:
Buzzi said:
Completed Clannad (I would give it an 8) and starting After Story.

Oh, completed Mawaru Penguindrum too, quite strange anime...

? lol

I thought the anime was a train-wreck. That's all the picture symbolizes.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Tusuritama.....I think this Gif should explain the show well enough.

Former something....

BasilZero said:
Loving Gundam Age so far, but it might hit #3 most favorite Gundam series for me at least.

Just got Guilty Crown, hope its good.

I finished GC a while ago. Let me know what you thought. I'd love to hear other people's opinions on it ^_^

Don't read my impression of it a page back if you don't want to be predisposed to feeling satisfaction or disappointment after watching it. :P

Around the Network

I'm Back! After One monh without Internet.. now i'm limited to 6gb per month.. So i'll be chatting and reading only.. the animes will be downloaded by some friends.. So i'm waiting for tomorrow Watch tree episodes of Fate/Zero, Sket Dance, Mouretsu pirates...

And watch all the new anime of this seaso that looks awesome! Zetman and Saint seiya Omega began good...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:
I'm Back! After One monh without Internet.. now i'm limited to 6gb per month.. So i'll be chatting and reading only.. the animes will be downloaded by some friends.. So i'm waiting for tomorrow Watch tree episodes of Fate/Zero, Sket Dance, Mouretsu pirates...

And watch all the new anime of this seaso that looks awesome! Zetman and Saint seiya Omega began good...

Woah that sucks...having limited internet is like hell on earth

Really enjoying Zetaman.

The anime changes more when things are reveled and make it flow better.

Animation is great as well.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Best...anime scene...ever...

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Best...anime scene...ever...

My god......MY GOD..............MY JEEBUS ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)