By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

Just lost one of my External HDD to... well death... and with it 320 GB of Anime (with 400 gig of other stuff) T.T mind you that I mostly use low quality releases so that I can store more Anime... so that was about... humm, a series has between 3-5 Gigs... argh... you do the math... (also there were some movies in between and some high quality releases... ooh and a HYMIM season ;P)

I am happy that at least 80 Gigs were doubles that I have on more than one HDD

I am downloading Sora no Otoshimono Forte now, since I finished its first season, and some redownloads of stuff lost (Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star OVA...)

I still have to decide what to watch from the next season T.T

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Stefl1504 said:
Just lost one of my External HDD to... well death... and with it 320 GB of Anime (with 400 gig of other stuff) T.T mind you that I mostly use low quality releases so that I can store more Anime... so that was about... humm, a series has between 3-5 Gigs... argh... you do the math... (also there were some movies in between and some high quality releases... ooh and a HYMIM season ;P)

I am downloading Sora no Otoshimono Forte now, since I finished its first season, and some redownloads of stuff lost (Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star OVA...)

Isnt there a way to retrieve the data or the data is gone forever?

Well... it has to be some kind of physical damage taken by the drive, so probably not (it works fine as long as I only browse the data, but when there is a lot of reading/writing done it powers down and restarts only to report to me that it has been damaged -> restore, same thing again, after trying several stuff internet told me to do and applying my own knowledge it still did not want to work, so I tryed the last thing I would do which is reformating... and even that did not help, I will try to open it once I am back in my other home and look into it a bit more, but with the equipement I got with me there is nothing to be done...

about buying HDDs... they are still costing to much (after the flood)... with 80-100 € per TB when it was already at 40-50 € per TB, at least they aren't 150-200 per TB anymore... but prices are still doubled T.T I will get new ones when they get cheaper again and I have my PSV... (luckily my other 3 HDDs are still fine (260 GB, 320 GB and 500 GB) WHY WAS IT THE ONE WITH THE TB AND THE ONLY ONE WITH SPACE LEFT THAT HAD TO DIE !!!

EDIT: 2 TB are already down to 60 € per TB... and 1 TB are at 90-105 and 500 GB... the only ones in my current price range are 70 T.T

outlawauron said:
DemoniOtaku said:
outlawauron said:
Shows are finishing. I'm quite surprised with Guilty Crown. The ending wasn't quite what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be a bittersweet ending, but I really wasn't prepared for that.

Oh... Ended already? Then today I0m gonna begin to update with that... 

Watched First Mardock Scramble Movie.. was quite good... sometimes it remember me GitS...

Yeah, Guilty Crown is definitely a show that had major changes as it went. I really enjoyed it the whole way through.

I'm downloading last two episodes... I stalled on Episode13.. Just because I had too much to watch.. and so few time.. :/ That, the college, work and some games.. I just choosed to stall it... and like that others series..

Rigth now I ended ookami to Shichinin, one series that I had stalled since last year... Wasn´t bad but wasn't so great.. at least enjoyed the animation... and some ocasional BIG-BOOBS fanservice XP

Next Guilty Crown and Final Chapter of Shakugan no Shana! They are taking forever those fansubs! I WANT MY SHANA-CHAN NOW!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Stefl1504 said:
BasilZero said:
Stefl1504 said:

Isnt there a way to retrieve the data or the data is gone forever?

Well... it has to be some kind of physical damage taken by the drive, so probably not (it works fine as long as I only browse the data, but when there is a lot of reading/writing done it powers down and restarts only to report to me that it has been damaged -> restore, same thing again, after trying several stuff internet told me to do and applying my own knowledge it still did not want to work, so I tryed the last thing I would do which is reformating... and even that did not help, I will try to open it once I am back in my other home and look into it a bit more, but with the equipement I got with me there is nothing to be done...

about buying HDDs... they are still costing to much (after the flood)... with 80-100 € per TB when it was already at 40-50 € per TB, at least they aren't 150-200 per TB anymore... but prices are still doubled T.T I will get new ones when they get cheaper again and I have my PSV... (luckily my other 3 HDDs are still fine (260 GB, 320 GB and 500 GB) WHY WAS IT THE ONE WITH THE TB AND THE ONLY ONE WITH SPACE LEFT THAT HAD TO DIE !!!

EDIT: 2 TB are already down to 60 € per TB... and 1 TB are at 90-105 and 500 GB... the only ones in my current price range are 70 T.T

Yeah I have 1TB HDD for data.. and there is 120gb o mangas... 80gb on Music... 50gb on images.. 320gb on PS2 game isos..XP and the rest is ANIME... most of them movies... The HDD are really pricey... Last year arround October I bougth a potable harddrive of 1TB for a friend for 65$ and then this year 500gb cost arround 80$ -___-

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

So, I finished Guilty Crown last night, I was quite surprised with the ending, and I don't really think it fits the story 100% but, well, I am fine with it.

Around the Network
Stefl1504 said:
So, I finished Guilty Crown last night, I was quite surprised with the ending, and I don't really think it fits the story 100% but, well, I am fine with it.

I'm not too happy with it honestly, but what can you do?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Stefl1504 said:

I just ended watching that series.. and the ending isn´t bad.. it was kinda expected.. but it make me remember the ending of Tengen Toppa Gurren lagan.. Nia :'( So I hate the ending..

On the other side Shakugan no Shana was quite Very good ending.. Now next are Zero no Tsukaima, Ano Natsu matteru and another that will end soon...

DemoniOtaku said:
outlawauron said:
Stefl1504 said:

I just ended watching that series.. and the ending isn´t bad.. it was kinda expected.. but it make me remember the ending of Tengen Toppa Gurren lagan.. Nia :'( So I hate the ending..

On the other side Shakugan no Shana was quite Very good ending.. Now next are Zero no Tsukaima, Ano Natsu matteru and another that will end soon...

I liked it too as I am sucker for happy endings! Season overall was also rather decent compared to somewhat boring and meaningless second. Plot had some pretty confusing twists but the action made up for it with pretty nice animation too. This season  J.C Staff probably used their entire budget to Shana lol.

DemoniOtaku said:
outlawauron said:
Stefl1504 said:

Ok, it's time for spoilers.

I was going to be perfectly happy with a double suicide ending. Them dying together to save the world. That would have ok. But now Shu is a blind and living alone without her, now having to escape to calm himself in the aftermath. Pretty rough ending for him.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
DemoniOtaku said:
outlawauron said:
Stefl1504 said:

Ok, it's time for spoilers.

I was going to be perfectly happy with a double suicide ending. Them dying together to save the world. That would have ok. But now Shu is a blind and living alone without her, now having to escape to calm himself in the aftermath. Pretty rough ending for him.

Yeah.. Double suicide would have suite better to the ending but I epected this ending.. But hoped for a happy Ending for them... that left me with some kinda mixed feelings.. and there wasn't a Happy Ayase Ending... And the route with haruka-kaasan was open too :)

KillerMan said:

DemoniOtaku said:

outlawauron said:

Stefl1504 said:

I liked it too as I am sucker for happy endings! Season overall was also rather decent compared to somewhat boring and meaningless second. Plot had some pretty confusing twists but the action made up for it with pretty nice animation too. This season  J.C Staff probably used their entire budget to Shana lol.

Yeah I'm a Happy-Ending-Sucker too XP... And the second season was kinda boring, yeah... but most of the situations on the second season well explanned or made sense on this... and Overall the animation was Superb... but first season still was better... And most of the budget of J.C.Staff was used on Railgun last year XD... even index was Outsourced on the first half of the second season... XD