By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Anime Discussion Thread

pezus said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
hgihly recommend Moribito the Guardian of the Spirit

great animation, divine music and well written story = WIN!

Nice, amazing that I have never heard of it. Added to "plan to watch" list

give it a bit of time to really get going..it is very story heavy but the few action sequences it had are really really good

watched and finished Trinity Blood..good and entertaining show

also rewatched Black Blood Brothers ...still fun to see..wish they would translate the rest of the novel to english

rewatched Historys strongest Desciple Kinichi for like 5th time! never get tired of it

and here's one you might like, only three episodes, Strait Jacket!

I still need to watch Honey and Clover..that might be my next show

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Looks pretty good, it has a western style anime art though, well at least for me, looks pretty good! I'll try that out as well!

Man so many anime to watch, so little time :(

it actually shows influence from various cultures, Native American, western, Eastern Asian and Southern Asian etc...very well thought out story

and yeah HSD kenichi is one of my all time faves :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I want to get into One Piece since I really like the show's first four arcs (up to Arlong's crew), but it's really damn long so far at 500+ episodes. How much of it is filler?

BasilZero said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BasilZero said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Looks pretty good, it has a western style anime art though, well at least for me, looks pretty good! I'll try that out as well!

it actually shows influence from various cultures, Native American, western, Eastern Asian and Southern Asian etc...very well thought out story

Yeah I actually like that type of anime lately, one that shows various cultures *-*!

Have you seen Eden of the East?

aah that's another show on my list..I watched the very first few episodes of it..need to catch up on that and canaan

@montana: I believe it has quite bit of filler content..just like Naruto and Bleach..which is exactly why I'm pretty much avoiding anime of those three and sticking to the manga..they have this annoying habit of stretching things out also during non-filler arcs.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

MontanaHatchet said:
I want to get into One Piece since I really like the show's first four arcs (up to Arlong's crew), but it's really damn long so far at 500+ episodes. How much of it is filler?

a good chuck is filler and lately they been dragging out episodes becuse they cught up with the manga for example during the imple down mini arc thing that took the manga 18 pages to show took 20 minutes. if you really want to see the series i would find the place were you seen up to and read the manga

Around the Network

Man I haven't watched any anime in a long time 3 months i think. Too much manga and comics. Anyways the lasted anime i watch was Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen damn this was more bloody than the original series ever was.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
Man I haven't watched any anime in a long time 3 months i think. Too much manga and comics. Anyways the lasted anime i watch was Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen damn this was more bloody than the original series ever was.

Well yeah since it followed the manga unlike the series which jumped off the story after the Kyoto Arc.

Former something....

BasilZero said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BasilZero said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
BasilZero said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yeah I actually like that type of anime lately, one that shows various cultures *-*!

Have you seen Eden of the East?

aah that's another show on my list..I watched the very first few episodes of it..need to catch up on that and canaan

@montana: I believe it has quite bit of filler content..just like Naruto and Bleach..which is exactly why I'm pretty much avoiding anime of those three and sticking to the manga..they have this annoying habit of stretching things out also during non-filler arcs.

Oh is Canaan good?

You should watch Eden of the East, really good, and its movies as well!

yeah need to watch movies and the series of that

and yep from what I have seen so far Canaan is very good

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Blacksaber said:
With Honey and Clover down I have finished 271 Animes/Movies/OVAs/Specials and still watching....54...with 1/3rd still running and almost 2/3rds 3-4 eps away from finishing...I've watched to much anime..

Muahaha. I'm sitting at 275. :3

Only have 20 currently watching though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BasilZero said:

Oh is Canaan good?

You should watch Eden of the East, really good, and its movies as well!

I'm going to do my best to not trash on other shows, but avoid Canaan. It's an awful adaptation. Some nifty points, but a pretty forgettable experience. Has a lot of the same story and pacing issues that Index has. It's on train that doesn't stop and doesn't feel the need to explain any of it to you.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.