By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Was MS Wrong When They Claimed The #1 Spot For HW Sales WW?

Which Option Do You Think Is More Accurate?

The PS3/360 Is Over/Undertracked In EU. 135 23.48%

Ballmer Was Including A Few Jan Shipments. 67 11.65%

MS Stuffed The Channels. 246 42.78%

IT'S 2012! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! 123 21.39%

Total:571
D-Joe said:
thismeintiel said:

Just wanted to leave something extra here to what, for me anyway, points to MS stuffing/retailers buying more than needed.  Just a little chart I've put together after doing a quick check at online retailers and seeing if they had any holiday bundles still in stock.  To be fair, I have also checked for the PS3.

Stores Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle PS3 160GB Holiday Bundle PS3 320GB Move Holiday Bundle
Amazon No Yes No No
BJ's Yes No No No
Fry's Yes Yes No No
Gamestop Yes Yes No No
Kmart Yes Yes No No
Newegg Yes Yes No No
Sam's Club Yes Yes No No
Sears Yes Yes No No
Target Yes Yes No No
Toys R Us No Yes No No
Walmart No Yes No No
Total Stores With Stock 8 10 0 0

Take from this chart what you will.  Just keep in mind we are already 3 weeks past the holidays in the US.

sigh,they just keep restock the holiday bundle,not "still in stock",like the 250GB holiday bundle in amazon was only 1 in stock 2 hours ago(so you said no stock in your list),then they restocked to 19 left right now

and there is no PS3 holiday bundle,that's BF bundle

Did you actually check who was selling those?  Cause it's not Amazon.  It's WW Distributors.  I only went with the actual retailers themselves, especially on Amazon.  But you are right about the Black Friday bundle (forgot it was only available for a day or two), so I'll exchange it with the Harry Potter bundle.  I'll have it edited in a few mins.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
D-Joe said:
thismeintiel said:

Just wanted to leave something extra here to what, for me anyway, points to MS stuffing/retailers buying more than needed.  Just a little chart I've put together after doing a quick check at online retailers and seeing if they had any holiday bundles still in stock.  To be fair, I have also checked for the PS3.

Stores Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle PS3 160GB Holiday Bundle PS3 320GB Move Holiday Bundle
Amazon No Yes No No
BJ's Yes No No No
Fry's Yes Yes No No
Gamestop Yes Yes No No
Kmart Yes Yes No No
Newegg Yes Yes No No
Sam's Club Yes Yes No No
Sears Yes Yes No No
Target Yes Yes No No
Toys R Us No Yes No No
Walmart No Yes No No
Total Stores With Stock 8 10 0 0

Take from this chart what you will.  Just keep in mind we are already 3 weeks past the holidays in the US.

sigh,they just keep restock the holiday bundle,not "still in stock",like the 250GB holiday bundle in amazon was only 1 in stock 2 hours ago(so you said no stock in your list),then they restocked to 19 left right now

and there is no PS3 holiday bundle,that's BF bundle

Did you actually check who was selling those?  Cause it's not Amazon.  It's WW Distributors.  I only went with the actual retailers themselves, especially on Amazon.  But you are right about the Black Friday bundle (forgot it was only available for a day or two), so I'll exchange it with the Harry Potter bundle.  I'll have it edited in a few mins.

i already said amazon will not put the bundle in the currently version squares if they're not going restock it,just like the harry potter bundle

but i don't need talk to you anymore since you always think you're right

yeah you don't need to edit it,just wasting your time,go find another clue

I don't think there's a 990K gap at all. Even if Sony gained some ground on the Xbox 360 in sales, I doubt it was much. Both companies shipped about the same amount of units.

'gaming till I'm gone'

D-Joe said:

i already said amazon will not put the bundle in the currently version squares if they're not going restock it,just like the harry potter bundle

Do you need "unbiased" research like Kowen?  Cause you know how VGC works, if the things people are pointing out aren't creating the scenerio you want, it must be biased. 

Here's something I came up with by just using our numbers.  Let's look at 2010, first.  The PS3 sold ~3.61 million in the last 5 weeks of the year.  When we take out US and Japan for those weeks, we are left with ~2.16 million.  Of that, EU made up 1.67 million, or ~77%.  In 2011, Sony estimates its sold over 3.9 million PS3s for the last 5 weeks of the year.  NPD shows it sold ~940K in the US, which leaves us with ~3 million for the rest of the world.    When we take out Japan (~291K), it leaves us with ~2.71 million.  77% of that is ~2.09 million.  Currently, VGC has EU at 1.5 million for those last weeks, or ~55%.  It's looking less likely to me that the PS3 is overtracked in that region.

Hope I didn't use bias numbers. 

SONY AND PS3 ROCKS!!

Around the Network

Finally, updated the OP. Got lost in the discussion, so forgot to.

thismeintiel said:
D-Joe said:

Do you need "unbiased" research like Kowen?  Cause you know how VGC works, if the things people are pointing out aren't creating the scenerio you want, it must be biased. 

Here's something I came up with by just using our numbers.  Let's look at 2010, first.  The PS3 sold ~3.61 million in the last 5 weeks of the year.  When we take out US and Japan for those weeks, we are left with ~2.16 million.  Of that, EU made up 1.67 million, or ~77%.  In 2011, Sony estimates its sold over 3.9 million PS3s for the last 5 weeks of the year.  NPD shows it sold ~940K in the US, which leaves us with ~3 million for the rest of the world.    When we take out Japan (~291K), it leaves us with ~2.71 million.  77% of that is ~2.09 million.  Currently, VGC has EU at 1.5 million for those last weeks, or ~55%.  It's looking less likely to me that the PS3 is overtracked in that region.

...the sony estimates incudling BF(started in 11/21),not 5 weeks(only Dec)

how about you just come out and reply something like "MS sucks,Sony win".don't waste our time ok?

MS shipment numbers is going to do what next Thursday? THey said they shipped over 66 million already. All this is going to do is show how deep is the stuffing.
So basically Nintendo's is the numbers needed here.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
D-Joe said:
thismeintiel said:
D-Joe said:

...the sony estimates incudling BF(started in 11/21),not 5 weeks(only Dec)

how about you just come out and reply something like "MS sucks,Sony win".don't waste our time ok?

man, you sure do get WAYYYY overly defensive over absolutely anything/nothing.

you need to relax, you always seem pissed off and over sensitive when people arent praising MS to high ends

I find it funny that had Sony came out and say, "hey were number 1 this year we sold 100 bazillions of units in December alone" everyone would be saying its bull, but when MS do the same they have to be right cause, hey why would they lie...

66m shipped they twisted the facts a little bit to give the whole claiming theyd win the year some credit. Tis is just like the anouncement Sony amde about Uncharted 3 having sold 3.5 mil copies or something on first week.