By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Dec: X360 #1, 1.7m, 900k - 1m Wii, PS3

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
They say over 66.1m *sold* I think shipped now.

We have 1.4m on shelves, with a supposed 1.2m unallocated for now.

Possibly 1.8m on shelves and 800k undertracked everywhere else, not just Europe.

And if their shipments come out and say 66.5 or something I'll be even more baffled, they really need to start breaking down the numbers.

Q1 shipments will finally tell the tale though, 3 whole months away ...

What???

B-b-but you said it was impossible... time changed .

If it happen then the sales history proves accurate.

Yup, definitly not 1m on shelves that's for sure. Unless we get sold concrete data for other countries we won't know until April.

MS did extensive advertising in Europe and claimed they wanted to be #1 there this holiday. Hopefully Nintendo provides those charts so we can clarify what they've sold there.

You know they will. 

Around the Network

According to old Nintendo PR, 3DS has at least done 1.6 millions (via ltd, 1.65 in October, more than 4 millions in December) but it might have done more.

Seece said:
psrock said:
You know things are bad when Europe is the savior of the 360. MS obviously over shipped so they can keep their claim of winning 2011. What crazy turn around.

Ha, classic psrock

On a serious note, I don't think VGchartz should change any numbers based on these NPD. I find these numbers hard to believe. Although kind of funny after you took over the forums after MS' monday conference. I don't see how 3 million 360 are out there or 360 being that much undertracked anywhere else. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
You know things are bad when Europe is the savior of the 360. MS obviously over shipped so they can keep their claim of winning 2011. What crazy turn around.

Ha, classic psrock

On a serious note, I don't think VGchartz should change any numbers based on these NPD. I find these numbers hard to believe. Although kind of funny after you took over the forums after MS' monday conference. I don't see how 3 million 360 are out there or 360 being that much undertracked anywhere else. 

Please Vgchartz is nice and all, but NPD is in another category and that's why all professionals and industry are working with NPD.

Nintendo have their own very reliable tracking method for their products and still trust NPD.

What. The. FUCK. I knew something was up when ol' forum buddy told me I had to catch up on like 200 posts but I sure as hell wasn't expecting this. I can't remember the last time I've been this disappointed on here. I think the lot of us would like to hear something from Brett at this point.

I don't know what to think.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

I just think that retailers in US bought more X360 after phenomenal November.

donsterydo2 said:

I think that too.

Microsoft overshipped to compensate the weak 4Q they had last year. Retailers offering the same markdowns on the 360 the week after the Christmas makes sense now.

I love January

and pezus's avatar and sig is gonna get me fired one of these days :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

donsterydo2 said:

~3 million more?

No.