By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Dec: X360 #1, 1.7m, 900k - 1m Wii, PS3

TruckOSaurus said:
So when are we gonna hear from Sony and Nintendo?

Nintendno should follow, Sony won't disclose numbers.

Around the Network

Wow Id always heard about how Vgchartz were so incredibly inaccurate which is why nobody takes this site seriously. But I had no idea they were this poor, thats just embarrassing I wonder how much the software numbers are made up by. You all spends dozens of posts each week discussing these numbers and its all for nothing because its never right. Well at least the PS3 Xbox gap isnt so big now.

Lucas-Rio said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It's been 3+ hours since they usually release .. I really wouldn't expect anything now. What we got the other day sounded awfully like their PR.

Ham_Burgular said:
Wow Id always heard about how Vgchartz were so incredibly inaccurate which is why nobody takes this site seriously. But I had no idea they were this poor, thats just embarrassing I wonder how much the software numbers are made up by. You all spends dozens of posts each week discussing these numbers and its all for nothing because its never right. Well at least the PS3 Xbox gap isnt so big now.

Like I said, it already happened in December 2008.

Vgchartz had Wii over 3 millions, it did around 2 millions, they had shortages.

It seem they can't track high volume.

You know things are bad when Europe is the savior of the 360. MS obviously over shipped so they can keep their claim of winning 2011. What crazy turn around.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Seece said:
They say over 66.1m *sold* I think shipped now.

We have 1.4m on shelves, with a supposed 1.2m unallocated for now.

Possibly 1.8m on shelves and 800k undertracked everywhere else, not just Europe.

And if their shipments come out and say 66.5 or something I'll be even more baffled, they really need to start breaking down the numbers.

Q1 shipments will finally tell the tale though, 3 whole months away ...

I thought it was next week?

pezus said:
Jexy said:

Thank you for proving my point.  All of the largest economies use the euro besides the UK, which we already esablished does not.

So Norway, Denmark, Sweden are not big players? They all matter in fact, because when you combine them all you have a very significant market.

When you combined them all, they are still smaller than Spain and it's crappy economy.  So no, they aren't big players.  Bigger than most small countries, but far off from the big boys.  I'm not saying they aren't good places to live either.  I'm just saying they don't matter as much to a financial investor.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

ethomaz said:
blue7x7 said:
So the Xbox 360 is overtracked in the US but undertracked in the rest of the world I always found it weird that the PS3 outsold it by such a margin in every region except Japan. It's obvious the 360 does much better in europe and other countries then it is initially though.

The chartz and news sales show otherwise... just US and UK shows 360 selling better than PS3.

The chartz is off.... by a LOT apparently.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Seece said:
Lucas-Rio said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It's been 3+ hours since they usually release .. I really wouldn't expect anything now. What we got the other day sounded awfully like their PR.

Possible, but if I remember correctly it's not the first time Nintendo do a PR early in January and then do it again after NPD

Seece said:
They say over 66.1m *sold* I think shipped now.

We have 1.4m on shelves, with a supposed 1.2m unallocated for now.

Possibly 1.8m on shelves and 800k undertracked everywhere else, not just Europe.

And if their shipments come out and say 66.5 or something I'll be even more baffled, they really need to start breaking down the numbers.

Q1 shipments will finally tell the tale though, 3 whole months away ...

What???

B-b-but you said it was impossible... time changed .

If it happen then the sales history proves accurate.