By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony cuts Vita shipment for France by 50%

They really should change it to 99% Wi-fi and 1% 3G. I have the feeling the poor people that pay the premium for 3G actually think you can play games online with 3G.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
I think this has to do with Sony seeing how the demand for the 3G model wasn't very high, so they are shifting gears in production plants to push out more WiFi models. I believe the original shipment for Japan was more like 60% WiFi to 40% 3G, while the one for France is reportedly 75% to 25%. It probably was originally going to be the same ratio as the Japan launch. They may also be making sure they have enough units for the US/UK launches.

More like I think they're limiting the wifi models in order to create artificial demand for the 3g

just wait till yr and you will see Vita crushing wii U

Wow,

Im gonna miss you Ps Vita!

Yay!!!

Poor Vita...

Around the Network
jedi5diah said:

just wait till yr and you will see Vita crushing wii U

Wait till year....I'm not even going to try to touch what you were trying to say there.....and Vita Crushing Wii U....so a handheld which don't ever get compared with console sales and Vita somthing that will be out worldwide will beat WiiU Somthing that will be out between June and Decemeber...I would hope so greatly for the Vita and for Sony's pride they are able to beat the WiiU in that time...

Former something....

what does sony expect its to expensive

Luthor said:
I can confirm that PS is strong in my country.

I just read that with Clancy Brown's voice and it was awesome!

Sony should release at a price lower than $250. thats just too much.

On a side note, my local gamestore has a japanese vita on sale at approximately $430 US!!! DAMN!

It's very tough in the west for the handheld market... Vita with no big games and a high price point is not a good start, it will struggle a lot