By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto not interested in making photo-realistic games

Do you like this?

Yes 42 34.15%

No 14 11.38%

Netrual 29 23.58%

No wonder I don't like nintendo 7 5.69%

This is why nintendo is awesome 30 24.39%

Total:122

Zoom.in has published a new video interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, and it contains some juicy tidbits. He discusses the retirement situation (yet again), how he’s jealous about video game characters being able to outlive us, his lack of interest in making photo-realistic games, and the pressure he faces due to expectations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHA9FS3D9vw&feature=player_embedded 

for the video

Source

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

:)

As it should be.

Yes! The only reason why I believe Nintendo is the only top company in the industry

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Maybe he genuinely feels that way, or maybe he's just saying that because Nintendo has never had hardware powerful enough to do photorealistic graphics.

Around the Network

Photo realistic games have their place but cutting edge graphics aren't everything. Things like Odin Sphere, Super Paper Mario, Windwaker, and other games that actually have an art style look infinitely better than things like Heavy Rain which has no style.

In my opinion, this is good

I don't want Nintendo games with photo-realistic graphics but I can't wait to see Nintendo games in HD.

Love the art style in many of their games.

twesterm said:
Photo realistic games have their place but cutting edge graphics aren't everything. Things like Odin Sphere, Super Paper Mario, Windwaker, and other games that actually have an art style look infinitely better than things like Heavy Rain which has no style.

I wouldn't say 'no' style..it's just a different style. I agree cutting edge graphics aren't everything tho, like with Valkyria Chronicles, Okami, SumiOni, Muramasa etc. I think it also depends on the genre and the type of game the dev is making. I don't see Miyamoto making a game like Halo/KZ/Battlefield etc

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

This is Good thing, we can see how many Jpn Games can survive in Global market in this console gen. Nintendo just stick with their own path and they survive. But i still interest to see Metroid or Zelda in HD.