By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More RE WiiMakes: A good thing?

yeah on GC, aside from REmake of Resident Evil 1, all the resident evils were just ports of their PSX (and DC) counterparts. Resident evil 2, 3 and code veronica were just straight ports of the last gen's games, PSX graphics and all.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I have never played RE2&3.So i would be fine with remakes of those.

Quality for Life

As long as they polish off (or if original graphics were decent), and they updated the controls as they did for RE 4, and price is right (generally not interested in $49 for a remake, but maybe the one game included 0-3 a $49 price would be ok...).

I wouldn't mind seeing them, and I'm sure a lot of people would be excited about them, but after playing RE4 on Wii, I wouldn't look forward to any more REmakes. I've discovered that RE is very much not my thing.

The_vagabond7 said:
yeah on GC, aside from REmake of Resident Evil 1, all the resident evils were just ports of their PSX (and DC) counterparts. Resident evil 2, 3 and code veronica were just straight ports of the last gen's games, PSX graphics and all.

Ouch. Were they bargain priced? They better have been....

So that's why you don't see the "Only For" tab on the covers for RE2, RE3, and RE: CVX huh?

Around the Network

I think there should be remakes of all the old Multiplayer games, like muppet party cruise (an ok game that'd be a great game if the mini games used the wii mote). Mario party 4, 5, 6 and 7 (especially 6, mario party 8 is ok but the boards are sooooo boring compared to the previous ones).

I'd also like to see metroid prime and metroid prime 2 redone with the controles from metroid prime 3!

The WII really needs to exploit the fact that is'a WHOLE LOT OF FUN in multiplayer mode.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

I've never played any of them so sure :). (just getting into shooting type game now)

Personally, I would really like it if Capcom took the RE4 gameplay and created a new survival horror series ... It would be nice to see something different, like an early science fiction/horror comic inspired game involving people devolving into insect people

RolStoppable said:
BengaBenga said:

@ Rol:

A graphic improvement and added/better explained story would already be worth it, but a RE4Wii point of view game is what I would actually like to see. RE4Wii is definitely in my top 10 games of all time, so 2/3 in that quality and gameplay experience would be a good thing.

Reworking RE2, 3, CVX into RE4 style would require a lot of time and money and there's the possibility that the games would be ruined, because all the environments and enemies in these games were designed to work with the original RE gameplay. In fact they would have to change so much that it wouldn't really be the same game anymore.

A much better idea, as has been mentioned, would be to make a new exclusive Wii game that replicates the RE4 experience. There has to be a time when the ports and remakes of older games for the Wii come to an end.

You're probably right, it's just a shame that I'll never play those again. I really can't stand the graphics anymore. The PS1/N64 games didn't age very well I guess.

But a new game would of course be great. I hope that the'll elaborate more on the Wesker storyline. Playing with him in UC was great, but the traditional gameplay is way more fun. RE5 promises to focus on Chris Redfield, but we never seen a game were Wesker is the main character (though his exposure to the virus kinda makes him invulnerable which would make him not very suitable for a main character)

@Vagabond: They were kinda bargain priced ($39) 

@Snesboy: Yeah Zero was great as well. 

i think we can all agree that the controls are def RE4 wii style--tha is the best shooter controls i have ever had