By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: Xbox360 best selling console WW in 2011

Seece said:

LOL User accounts now? No. The official PR says more than 66m sold.

I'm dumbfouded by the sheer variety of excuses people have come up with over the last 24 hours.

Probably because people have been taking VGC's numbers very seriously for the past few months. When it turns out to be laughably innacurate, people are going to be in denial.

And IGN did report it as 66m user accounts.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Seece said:

I'm dumbfouded by the sheer variety of excuses people have come up with over the last 24 hours.

Probably because people have been taking VGC's numbers very seriously for the past few months. When it turns out to be laughably innacurate, people are going to be in denial.

No it doesn't, it says users, another word for consumers. Nowhere does it say accounts, except for 40m XBL accounts.

Seece said:
brendude13 said:
Seece said:

No it doesn't, it says users, another word for consumers. Nowhere does it say accounts, except for 40m XBL accounts.

Wrong wording, my bad.

Still...no reply to my first sentence?

ZaneWane said:
wanderer said:

it was actually 66 million xbox user acounts and 66 milion shipped not sold

according to every website including ign not sold systems only accounts and shipment

66 million sold to consumer

@Wanderer

Ok, Maybe, just MAYBE. What if it was 66 million xbox Live users and 64 mil sold? Uhmm... it doesnt make sense. No console ever had a 100% activity level. Let alone past throught a hundred percent. I mean. 66 mil people have an account with 64 mil sold? 

Yay!!!

Wow that's pretty impressive indeed. Seems VG is off with 360 at least.

Anyone have the link to the press release IGN mention in their update? I'd like to read it and see what else it contains but IGN don't seem to have a link - unless I'm failing to see it anywhere obvious on the webpage.

Going to be a hectic few days on the forums by the look of it!

EDIT: BTW is it me or are there too many threads on MS/CES?  I keep having to check multiple threads to see who's saying what - some consolidation would be good IMHO

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

It's not true. If it was they would have made a big deal about it by now.
PS3 is the best selling console and we have the data to prove it.

kowenicki said:
VGKing said:

lol... er , Im sorry... what?

Reminds me of that guy that said 'I do not accept these numbers' rofl, VGking has no argument and numbers be damned

VGKing said:

MS clearly stated 66 million sold. 

Vg is accurate but MS is pin point.

You can say that all you want.

Yay!!!

I'm not sure what to believe, if its true than that's very impressive by MS! But also bad for VGC, what are we missing that could make up for this huge undertracking?

I wish I could just hit the 'like' button instead of commenting in the thread.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs