By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: Xbox360 best selling console WW in 2011

psrock said:
Really impressed, we are going to see so crazy numbers thursday. I think 3.5 million for the 360.

why thursday? what happens then? shipment numbers?

Around the Network
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
pezus said:
I'm going to take this with a grain of salt until we hear something from sony. MS has manipulated numbers before(europe is not europe)

And people shouted at me earlier for talking about people clutching at straws, MS must by lieing and manipulating the numbers now? Really? *sigh*

No. Just Sony lied and manipulated .

The numbers are fine... no company is lying or manipulating.

I can't see how people were impressed with those numbers... they are in agreement with what is in VGC.

If that number is shipped... if sold then I'm impressed too .

What are, 66m shipped? You're saying VGC is spot on?

66m shipped is in line with VGC figures... 64.4m... 1.6m on shelves.

Now if 66m is SOLD then that's crazy numbers man.

That's could be 66.5m shipped too... so VGC is 200-300k under? VGC tracking well this time.

Damnyouall said:
As I said in thread #3 about this subject:

Need I remind you that Sony announced in early December that they were slightly AHEAD of their 15 Million target for 2011?

Maybe you should hold your horses until we get something official from Sony. It's quite likely that PS3 beat 360 in 2011, and not the other way around.

"early" being the operative word.

There is every indication the PS3 undersold compared to 360 in december

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

btw i forget give a reason for why i said VGC changed
example
end of 2007 sept
1.6m on shelves
end of 2008 sept
1.8m
end of 2009 sept
1.7m
end of 2010 sept
1.2m
end of 2011 sept
1m

the shipped-sold gap since 2008 just getting less and less,well guess it's for every console

ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
pezus said:
I'm going to take this with a grain of salt until we hear something from sony. MS has manipulated numbers before(europe is not europe)

And people shouted at me earlier for talking about people clutching at straws, MS must by lieing and manipulating the numbers now? Really? *sigh*

I can't see how people were impressed with those numbers... they are in agreement with what is in VGC.

That's could be 66.5m shipped too... so VGC is 200-300k under? VGC tracking well this time.

Wrong, and you can say that all you like but the figures will likely be changed. We don't have that many consoles on shelves for 360.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
360 outsold PS3 in its most aggressive year?

360 widening the gap as opposed to millions of gamers thinking this was the year PS3 would take 2nd?

Ill hold my breath, as it isnt 100% confirmation....but one cant help but smile :)

Well, this was arguable the X360's most argressive year also. And I'd also say 2009 showed Sony much more aggressive than 2011.

That second sentence is false and you know it. I'm sure only the most ridiculous fanboys (maybe one or two people) claimed the PS3 to take 2nd place last.

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
pezus said:

Wrong, and you can say that all you like but the figures will likely be changed. We don't have that many consoles on shelves for 360.

You have no proof for that... the sales history shows the opposite.

OFF. Nooooooooo I'm using your own argument.

LOL at Nintendo, hows it feel to get a taste of your own medicine, oh wait, they already have from Apple taking way the 'kidsual' market, now MS have the 'casual' and core market!

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
360 outsold PS3 in its most aggressive year?

360 widening the gap as opposed to millions of gamers thinking this was the year PS3 would take 2nd?

Ill hold my breath, as it isnt 100% confirmation....but one cant help but smile :)

Well, this was arguable the X360's most argressive year also. And I'd also say 2009 showed Sony much more aggressive than 2011.

That second sentence is false and you know it. I'm sure only the most ridiculous fanboys (maybe one or two people) claimed the PS3 to take 2nd place last.

360 is selling on 2008 prices. They could easily drop the price but choose to ride their momentum and rake in extra $$. 360 also had Gears, Forza, and Halo CEA as their main headliners. PS3 had far more at their disposal. 360 was aggressive, but there was room to do better. 2009 for PS3 was aggressive but this year had a price cut and a seemingly never ending wave of super duper awesome exclusives!!!!

The second sentence is true and we all know it. I venture outside vgchartz forums where people really speak their mind without fear of moderation. It is there where you see peoples true colours. I myself feared this to be the case in 2011. Luckily Kinect kicked in and saved 360s ass :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Personally i think saying there are 1.6m on shelves is probably asking a lot. Especially when you consider that would be nearly double last years numbers.

Also not sure if it has been mentioned but according to IGN http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1216177p1.html
Microsoft told them to clarify

"Xbox 360 has sold more than 66 million consoles" and that "Kinect has sold more than 18 million sensors around the world."

So i think it is most likely under-tracked.