By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: Xbox360 best selling console WW in 2011

Shipped or sold? Has vgchartz really undertracked by over 1.5 million WW? I don't think that this is possible, Brett has come a long way since the start of the site and has been fairly accurate lately.
The 18 million Kinect units are shipped to retailer at any rate so it is quite likely that the hardware numbers are the same.

I would laugh my ass off if it turns out that MS stuffed the channels!

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:

On shelves...

2006: 2.4 million
2007: 2.0 million
2008: 1.8 million
2009: 1.8 million
2010: 0.6 million

2011: 1.6 million? Seems fine.

Thanks @BHR-3

Edit - Fixed 2010 numbers (50.9 shipped - 50.3 sold).

hmmm.... interesting.

i bet even it's 2.5m he will still said it's fine lol

well,just wait

Maybe, but these numbers are still interesting for me since I thought 800k was normal. Apparently the normal barring no supply issues is actually 1.5m to 2.0m.

Jay520 said:
D-Joe said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:

On shelves...

Thanks @BHR-3

hmmm.... interesting.

well,just wait

Maybe, but these numbers are still interesting for me since I thought 800k was normal. Apparently the normal barring no supply issues is actually 1.5m to 2.0m.

time is different,VGC has changed...just wait

As I said in thread #3 about this subject:

Need I remind you that Sony announced in early December that they were slightly AHEAD of their 15 Million target for 2011?

Maybe you should hold your horses until we get something official from Sony. It's quite likely that PS3 beat 360 in 2011, and not the other way around.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

pezus said:
I'm going to take this with a grain of salt until we hear something from sony. MS has manipulated numbers before(europe is not europe)

And people shouted at me earlier for talking about people clutching at straws, MS must by lieing and manipulating the numbers now? Really? *sigh*

Around the Network
Seece said:
pezus said:
I'm going to take this with a grain of salt until we hear something from sony. MS has manipulated numbers before(europe is not europe)

And people shouted at me earlier for talking about people clutching at straws, MS must by lieing and manipulating the numbers now? Really? *sigh*

No. Just Sony lied and manipulated .

The numbers are fine... no company is lying or manipulating.

I can't see how people were impressed with those numbers... they are in agreement with what is in VGC.

If that number is shipped... if sold then I'm impressed too .

ethomaz said:
Seece said:
pezus said:

No. Just Sony lied and manipulated .

The numbers are fine... no company is lying or manipulating.

I can't see how people were impressed with those numbers... they are in agreement with what is in VGC.

If that number is shipped... if sold then I'm impressed too .

What are, 66m shipped? You're saying VGC is spot on?

Damnyouall said:
As I said in thread #3 about this subject:

Need I remind you that Sony announced in early December that they were slightly AHEAD of their 15 Million target for 2011?

Maybe you should hold your horses until we get something official from Sony. It's quite likely that PS3 beat 360 in 2011, and not the other way around.

that's one month ago

right now,they change back to "on track to reach its annual salestarget of 15.0 million"

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/120110.html

360 outsold PS3 in its most aggressive year?

360 widening the gap as opposed to millions of gamers thinking this was the year PS3 would take 2nd?

Ill hold my breath, as it isnt 100% confirmation....but one cant help but smile :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

D-Joe said:
Jay520 said:
D-Joe said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:

On shelves...

Thanks @BHR-3

hmmm.... interesting.

well,just wait

time is different,VGC has changed...just wait

Oh, I know, I'm not drawing any conclusions yet. I just found it interesting that it went from a sure victory for the X360 (or at least I thought it was) to a possible victory for both consoles. It made things much more mysterious. I guess we'll have to wait to see who really won though.