By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which home console will win 2012?

Which console will win 2012?

Xbox360 107 32.33%

PlayStation3 186 56.19%

See results 36 10.88%

Total:329

i would not be at all surprised to the the 360 win next year. ps3 only just won this year with a price-cut. i can't imagine sony cuts their price again this year and a 360 price cut is long over due. so 360 probably wins and frankly probably buy a good margin: ~1-2M.

Around the Network

Isn't PS3 making a loss now? (Not sure if it's gone back into loss again due to the last price cut) Besides, where Sony will be able to afford to lose about $300m in potential sales is beyond me, with the Vita launch, they'll likely be in red as it is.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

I like how the Wii isn't even in the list of answers. That thing is pretty much dead now :D

Anyhow, my guess would be PS3. It (barely) sold more last year and still has a lot headroom for price cuts. I don't think that any software will move significant amounts of units anymore, because any gamer who likes any of the MS/Sony franchises already has a console by now.

I think PS3 will be reduced to 199 euros/dollars this year, seems a logic move to take the wind out of the WiiU, it won't take a full 2 years for another 50 bucks cut, in 2 years PS4 will be launched probably too.

DeduS said:
360 will win - it has a lot going for it:

+ console price cut (very likely)
+ kinect price cut (will probably happen)
+ Halo 4 with crazy MS marketing
+ huge holiday sales, since it basically took over the Wii's position as the mainstream/casual console in the US

X360 might even peak again in 2012, which is nuts.

For the PS3 there is not much going on this year - at least nothing we know about. Sony won't cut the price again, there is no huge game in sight that might push consoles or at least generate some attention and we all know that Sony fails at marketing compared to MS.

So I think for 2012: X360 > PS3 by a decent margin

Lol, US=world? How cheap can the 360 get? Here in Europe basic 4GB 360 is 170 euro's, 360+2games+Kinect is 229 euros. The most MS can do is bring that bundle to 200 euro's.

Around the Network

i'll give the nod to ps3 once again. xbotters want to play games. when all you have is 99 kinect game and Halo you cant expect much. The biggest perhaps star wars is not coming til june. thats 6 months of pretty much ps3 domination sony will be up a million by then. ms is still dealing with fewer markets than sony along with anti-american and xenophobic ways in the ap/mea thats what youll get. the big question i have is about steel batallion. when and how well will it work with kinect. if it works great we could have a nice spike in kinect bundles.

If Sony released a new PS3 model that was... not as ugly as the slim and was PS2 compatible and advertise it from that angle it would do much better for sales than a $50 price cut imo. Let the PS3 become the only PS2 by stopping production of the PS2, or maybe it would be better to do this when they can sell it at a $200 price point.

Teo said:
If Sony released a new PS3 model that was... not as ugly as the slim and was PS2 compatible and advertise it from that angle it would do much better for sales than a $50 price cut imo. Let the PS3 become the only PS2 by stopping production of the PS2, or maybe it would be better to do this when they can sell it at a $200 price point.

I doubt they will release a slimmer version. I mean the Ps3 slim is already... well.... slim. How can it go smaller?

Yay!!!

Anyways, I really hope that Xbox 360 would prevail this year. Halo 4!!! Wooohooooo!!!

Anyway, how can GTAV boost Ps3 sales?

Yay!!!

Mr.Ashtear said:
Level1Death said:
Wii U.

Err... did you mean not to post anything?