By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Killer Freaks Wii U Making Of

Making Off Video of the Ubisoft Wii U FPS Killer Freak from outer space. I'm waiting especially this game, hope to have more information soon...

http://www.lightningamer.com/?p=6020

Love Video Games : http://www.lightningamer.com

Around the Network

Could be interesting launch title.

Looks like a fantastic game. Not just because it's mature, but because those graphics and the artstyle are sublime.

spurgeonryan said:
Nintendo needs to realize that to get the core gamer to jump on board they just need to hit the Wii U with a heavy launch line up of games like this. Give the Wii U some Black's, Gears of War, Dark Souls, etc type of games. Then each month make sure that you are putting out the multi plateform games along with the others, and maybe even a title or two that the others do not have.
PS3 did it all year long this past year it seemed. I did not play most of them, but I am not blind and I know that they are there! Nintendo needs to keep doing what they have been doing, but also follow some of Sony's strategy and make original games happen that are not for kids. The occasional "M" rated game is not going to cut it. Eternal Darkness was great, Manhunter 2 was great, Shadowman 64 was great! But just not enough to hold their interest.
I want to use Yo_John as an example. It seems that every week the guy is playing a new game. I consider him a core gamer. Forza, Dark Souls (Demon Douls?), Skyrim, Gears 3, Halo, etc. One game every month or two months from Nintendo that is Mature is not going to be enough. They need to realize that on the Wii U. Let Nintendo as a developer do its thing, that has always done a good job for nintendo, but get those third parties to push some stuff out Nintendo!

I am aware that the GC, had more than a few Mature rated games. Still was not enough, and a lot were multi-plate and ports I believe.

but who is going to be making those?  sure won't be nintendo -- they don't have the studios to enter that space.  and with really just 3rd parties filling that space why would the core jump to the wiiU instead of the next MS/Sony console which will have those 3rd parties and first party exclusives.

it's just like why would any of the "casuals" buy a sony console when they don't have quality studios in the "nintendo"/"casual" space.  MS seems to be the only one that is actively intevesting in both sides of the coin right now with kinect and still making things like halo/gears.  i'm not sure how sony/nintendo can't see that to attract an audience you have to make good games for that audience and if you want all types of audiences you have to make good games for all types of audiences.  it's really not that hard of a concept.

nintendo simply needs to diversify, as does sony.  the way things look to me right now MS is going to run away with the next generation.

Doesn't really look mature to me ... I mean rating wise sure. But it looks like a kiddy mature game, immature if you like ... not exactly like Dead Space is it.

But it looks cool from the video so that's all the matters, don't see titles like this luring the core over though.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
kitler53 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Nintendo needs to realize that to get the core gamer to jump on board they just need to hit the Wii U with a heavy launch line up of games like this. Give the Wii U some Black's, Gears of War, Dark Souls, etc type of games. Then each month make sure that you are putting out the multi plateform games along with the others, and maybe even a title or two that the others do not have.
PS3 did it all year long this past year it seemed. I did not play most of them, but I am not blind and I know that they are there! Nintendo needs to keep doing what they have been doing, but also follow some of Sony's strategy and make original games happen that are not for kids. The occasional "M" rated game is not going to cut it. Eternal Darkness was great, Manhunter 2 was great, Shadowman 64 was great! But just not enough to hold their interest.
I want to use Yo_John as an example. It seems that every week the guy is playing a new game. I consider him a core gamer. Forza, Dark Souls (Demon Douls?), Skyrim, Gears 3, Halo, etc. One game every month or two months from Nintendo that is Mature is not going to be enough. They need to realize that on the Wii U. Let Nintendo as a developer do its thing, that has always done a good job for nintendo, but get those third parties to push some stuff out Nintendo!

I am aware that the GC, had more than a few Mature rated games. Still was not enough, and a lot were multi-plate and ports I believe.

but who is going to be making those?  sure won't be nintendo -- they don't have the studios to enter that space.  and with really just 3rd parties filling that space why would the core jump to the wiiU instead of the next MS/Sony console which will have those 3rd parties and first party exclusives.

it's just like why would any of the "casuals" buy a sony console when they don't have quality studios in the "nintendo"/"casual" space.  MS seems to be the only one that is actively intevesting in both sides of the coin right now with kinect and still making things like halo/gears.  i'm not sure how sony/nintendo can't see that to attract an audience you have to make good games for that audience and if you want all types of audiences you have to make good games for all types of audiences.  it's really not that hard of a concept.

nintendo simply needs to diversify, as does sony.  the way things look to me right now MS is going to run away with the next generation.

I agree! I do not know how they are going to do it, I just know that they need to or games like this will just be wasted opportunities for the Wii U to grow. Nintendo has its games, and as long as they can keep them fresh should be fine for years to come. But they need to get those 3rd parties to contribute or else.

Microsoft has done what Nintendo should have done for years now. They have the "casual" market, and they have the "Core" market. That is the case for now, but even in these forums I see the occasional "Microsoft has gone soft, I am moving to Sony", comment. Does that mean the Kinect is taking too much of Microsofts time from them? Microsoft is king in America (and the U.K Seece), so that is always going to be a big plus for a company to have.

I will say that if Nintendo was able to get people who never played a video game to play videogames with the Wii, they can also make this happen. Will they? I don't know, I am just saying what I think they "need" to do.

Nice avatar by the way!

thanks!  i <3 emma

but to your points -- i don't disagree, just that all 3 need to do that.  MS has gone a bit soft.  they don't need to diversify so much as just generally expand.  gears has been great to MS but it's not technically their property so they need to work on replacing that.  as a first party you don't need to have an epic game every month -- just 2 or so (per audience) to cultivate the audience existing well enough for 3rd parties to also go after that audience. 

nintendo's failing (to me) was they seemed to think that if they sold enough consoles via titles like wii sports/wiifit/mario kart that third parties would bring to nintedo titles like COD/ assissin's creed / dead space / GTA instead of carnival games / deca sports / just dance.   third parties don't care to create an opportunity, just exploit the ones that are there.  it's up to the platform owner to create those opportunities via their 1st parties games.

Errm, sorry to burst all your bubbles here, but that vid was anything BUT gameplay. I mean, you guys did watch it, right? It's all live-action footage (as in, shot with a video camera), with actors, and then afterwards they put in the CGI-aliens and effects. I mean they even show you the sets and props and actors and everything. And the aliens and added effects are absolutely not in-game graphics at all. Yes, the game could end up looking like that, but right now we have no way of knowing. In fact, I have no idea why the devs would put out such a video anyway, it's just weird.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I thought the whole thing was cgi but now I know for sure that it wasn't an in-game engine that did it. Still gonna look out for this game from what some game journalist said the multiplayer gameplay is really fun.

"Making Of"??

Anyways, wasn't that interested before, but that video didn't look that bad. Cool dismemberment/damage effects.

This was in last E3 during ubisofts solo presentation. The game looks like it may be good overall, however, that was real life shots w/ CGI.

Expect better reveal at CES or another game show as late as E32012.