By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/26/11-01/1/12

Not so bad numbers after all, the PSVita is struggling, so it will be fun to see the people who said the "3DS is doomed" respond to that.

Around the Network

It is possible Vita sales might go up or stay still for the next week since something about children getting New Year Money, and I been told Sony does better doing that week. (Could be misreading something). The true sign of the hardware will come in Mid January or maybe even Mid February, where hardware will stabilize.

Zlejedi said:
megaman79 said:
Seece said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Vita never had shortages. It makes me laugh every time when Sony fans use this excuse.

What about Microsoft fans? I guess that'd make me level headed in the argument which is more that can be said for you.

Last thing i would call MS fans is level-headed.

But seriously, I hope 3DS keeps it up longer than Vita, because if neither console keeps the jap. market up we all lose.

If PSV isn't succesfull all handheld gamers will lose. 3DS isn't very atractive for western games developers and can't stop migration to smartphones.

the Ds didn´t have a MH beacause Third parties games DON´T SELL on Nintendo Consoles... If you look to the TOP 20 BEST SELLING GAMES of nintendo DS You will see that only two games are from thir parties... and are Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest... and Dragon Quest because Nintendo distribute it on the rest of the World... Monster Hunter 3G is sellong well for a thir Party game but it isn´t selling as well as other first parties games and not even like teh first Monster Hunter on PSP...

People LOVE Nintendo games and franchises (I LOVE ZELDA Series) so they buy Nintendo consoles for playiing Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc... and is not like the 3DS is selling extraordinarly, it's just selling like ANY other handhled console of nintendo, they will do just FINE whatever they put on the market with their First Parties games... 

The real battle of Vita is against itself and against Sony's past and current marketing mistakes... You must see like this: What Sony have to lose on the Forever Owned market of Handhled consoles? the Second Place? be that Sony end second place by a lot o fewer margin don´t have relenvance.. They just want a share of a Growing market like they had with the PSP.

Who Lose, Who Win it's just a Childish discussion... WE players are ever the winner if there are better games... I'm gonna buy a Vita no matter how much gap between 3DS and it have... and then buy a 3Ds if are some games that I wanna play..

ANd Yo meanwhile will be here trolling for Nothing...XD

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

can anyone tell me how many psp were sold in Japan at the time the first monster hunter came out compared to the number of 3ds that were sold at the time MH3G came out

Waow the charm of Mario's still there. And why the hell is the PSV still getting outsold by the 3DS by nearly 5 to 1?

At least it's a better week for Vita when it was beaten 6 to 1 the previous week.

And can someone confirm whether these numbers include the digital sales for Vita titles? Cos with none of the Vita titles even nearing the Top 20 is sad indeed.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:
Seece said:
milkyjoe said:
Seece said:
megaman79 said:
Seece said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Vita never had shortages. It makes me laugh every time when Sony fans use this excuse.

What about Microsoft fans? I guess that'd make me level headed in the argument which is more that can be said for you.

But seriously, I hope 3DS keeps it up longer than Vita, because if neither console keeps the jap. market up we all lose.

Talk about generalising, you're another one not to talk mr 'I think the hardcore will migrate to WiiU'

I'm sure you do hope 3DS stays ahead of Vita PSP and DS should have taught you Japan is all still to play for. Vita will start fighting back a lot sooner than the PSP did, just give a MH and a price cut and watch it fly.

I'm totally confused by that statement. What did the PSP and DS teach us other than that once again Nintendo were kings in the handheld arena? The DS is the best selling console Japan has ever seen, with the PSP just under 15million units behind it.

Towards the end the PSP competed far more competently with DS than it did when DS first launched (which is why it has such a huge lead over PSP)

Which is why I said it'll start fighting back a lot sooner, meaning the LTD gap won't be nearly as big as DS and PSP, and the possibility that after 5 years or so they're very close, with Vita even ahead.

If I had to bet I'd say 3DS wins, of course. Just don't count the Vita out already when you've seen how fast the weather can change .

The Vita won't be able to put a resistance against the 3DS.

Burning Skies

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

DemoniOtaku said:

the Ds didn´t have a MH beacause Third parties games DON´T SELL on Nintendo Consoles... If you look to the TOP 20 BEST SELLING GAMES of nintendo DS You will see that only two games are from thir parties... and are Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest... and Dragon Quest because Nintendo distribute it on the rest of the World... Monster Hunter 3G is sellong well for a thir Party game but it isn´t selling as well as other first parties games and not even like teh first Monster Hunter on PSP...

That's not true. 3rd party games sold well on NDS. Don't limit yourself on the top 20. Look at the bigger picture. NDS is a software beast that's why a lot of Japanese devs release a lot of games in it especially Squareenix.

DemoniOtaku said:
Zlejedi said:
megaman79 said:
Seece said:
Lucas-Rio said:

If PSV isn't succesfull all handheld gamers will lose. 3DS isn't very atractive for western games developers and can't stop migration to smartphones.

People LOVE Nintendo games and franchises (I LOVE ZELDA Series) so they buy Nintendo consoles for playiing Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc... and is not like the 3DS is selling extraordinarly, it's just selling like ANY other handhled console of nintendo, they will do just FINE whatever they put on the market with their First Parties games... 

The real battle of Vita is against itself and against Sony's past and current marketing mistakes... You must see like this: What Sony have to lose on the Forever Owned market of Handhled consoles? the Second Place? be that Sony end second place by a lot o fewer margin don´t have relenvance.. They just want a share of a Growing market like they had with the PSP.

Who Lose, Who Win it's just a Childish discussion... WE players are ever the winner if there are better games... I'm gonna buy a Vita no matter how much gap between 3DS and it have... and then buy a 3Ds if are some games that I wanna play..

ANd Yo meanwhile will be here trolling for Nothing...XD

That must be the best post I have read in my time in this forum. This forum needs more people like you. Congratulations.

Ps3 sales held really well :) psp still great but the vita... U Japanese are so dam lucky it's out just go and buy it!

its obviously going to be tougher for the vita than the psp as phones/gadgets have moved on since psp launched,i'm interested in getting a vita but not at this price,its going to be interesting to see what numbers it pushes this gen

3ds looks like it will do fine to me,its hard to see both new handhelds matching the numbers of last gen,but what do i know,the market might get even bigger with all the big new economies breaking through

Above & Beyond