By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2012 Sales Predictions

Zlejedi said:
Weird I though I already posted here but can't find it now.

Wii: 6,5 M
PS2: 5 M
PS3: 15 M
X360: 14 M
3DS: 18 M
PSV: 8,5 M
PSP: 4 M

3DS 15 milions
Vita 8
PSP 4

Wii 7,5
PS3 15
X360 14

Which do you want me to use?

Around the Network

Second posted (those in quote)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

You people are under-estimating the PS360! You just watch.

Jay520 said:

Someone else, besides you, also wrote (not sure if in this thread or elsewhere) that in 2012 they could both peak again, beating their 2011 results. I'm not 100% sure, but I agree that it's possible and the chances aren't too low.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Seece, you didn't add my prediction on the last update.

Wii - 6.5 million;
360 - 12.8 million; // with a price cut on Q4; if price cut happens on Q2 or early Q3, 14.3 million;
PS3 - 13 million; // with a price cut;
DS - 5.2 million;
PSP - 3.9 million;
3DS - 19.1 million;
Vita - 10.5 million;
Wii U - 4.3 million; //september launch

Around the Network
Dand said:

Seece, you didn't add my prediction on the last update.

Wii - 6.5 million;
360 - 12.8 million; // with a price cut on Q4; if price cut happens on Q2 or early Q3, 14.3 million;
PS3 - 13 million; // with a price cut;
DS - 5.2 million;
PSP - 3.9 million;
3DS - 19.1 million;
Vita - 10.5 million;
Wii U - 4.3 million; //september launch

Last update was before you made your prediction.

I'll upload the charts when the time/space quota is filled.

Jay520 said:

im gonna have to agree with ya here and your numbers for them is doable if certain things happen this year (no next PS/X-box announcement GTA5 release) i'll probably adjust my numbers to around yours but have them swapped before it ends, im just waiting to see how VGC numbers will fair with NPD and shipments if something gets released before the deadline

Play Me

Why would PS360 peak in 2012? The year before their relief arrives? Or perhaps even the same year? That makes no sense to me. Its all downhill from here, price cuts be damned. This is only my belief, of course, but I really see no logical reason why neither the PS3 nor the 360 would be up yoy for 2012 and not down by a significant amount. Look at how crippled the Wii is right now, it is simply farther ahead in it's lifecycle on the same market and one can assume that the competition will feel the burn as well, and quite soon.

Mummelmann said:
Why would PS360 peak in 2012? The year before their relief arrives? Or perhaps even the same year? That makes no sense to me. Its all downhill from here, price cuts be damned. This is only my belief, of course, but I really see no logical reason why neither the PS3 nor the 360 would be up yoy for 2012 and not down by a significant amount. Look at how crippled the Wii is right now, it is simply farther ahead in it's lifecycle on the same market and one can assume that the competition will feel the burn as well, and quite soon.

Price cuts, don't underestimate them. $199 PS3 and $199 Kinect Bundle will do very well next christmas, don't think we can compared the Wii to the HD consoles, Wii peaked years ago, 3 years behind 360's peak in alligned launches.

Wii - 7.5 million
Wii U - 3 million
PS3 - 12.5 million
360 - 13.5 million
PS2 - 2 million
DS - 6 million
3DS - 20 million
Vita - 12 million
PSP - 4 million