By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Dec 24th up

pezus said:
No one has mentioned the obviously overtracked pre-orders for the Old Republic? This is almost becoming a "thing".

Pre-order charts have never been really accurate so there's really nothing to see here. They are just fun to see because they give you a slight idea as to what it will do first week.

Around the Network

2012 preview is up.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88657/an-early-look-at-the-2012-video-game-market/

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Expect a new thread soon....

360 best year ever it's 7th year?

Hell I've said it for the last two years and been right, I may as well go for a hat-trick.

Price cuts and some big US centric software might just make this happen.

I think the pricecut will come right around Wii U launch, personally. While it wont do much to the Wii U outside of the US, over in the States it will be a big blow for Nintendo, when the current most popular console there becomes even cheaper.

Halo 4, Call of Duty, GTA5, Kinect Star Wars and Fable... Should be the biggest 360 Year in the US at least.

Yep, that last sentence and those games means a huge year for 360 in USA and UK.  Plus you have to think a $149 / £99 360 with a bundled game or $199 / £149 with kinect will kill in those markets. I don't think those prices will be far off come the back end of 2012.

I think that an evitable console annoucement from either SONY or Microsoft, WIiU hype the 360 should logically be down YoY in 2012. Though if it does manage to end up YoY (and assuming PS3 sales don't randomly plumet) then i wonder how Microsoft and SONY will react? It wouldn't make much financial sense to release a new console if the current consoles are increasing YoY or even flat YoY given the current economic climate.

pezus said:
mitlar37 said:
pezus said:
No one has mentioned the obviously overtracked pre-orders for the Old Republic? This is almost becoming a "thing".

Overtracked? - vg had preorders for US at less than 1 mill.

Preorders:

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 1 18,715 958,073

Sales:

Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)
Electronic Arts, RPG
1 967,764 967,764

Do you seriously believe only 10.000 people bought the game without preordering it? And that preorders amounted for 99% of FW sales...

Considering that myself and nearly everyone in my guild bought online(DD) for early game access while we were in beta - yes. This is a pc only online mmo after all.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

lol . nice wii almost edged out xbox360 !!!!
and 3ds is a monster
ds still chugging to

nintendo must be happy ---add me to the last day of dec well almost for a dslite

Around the Network

Well the 3DS was some kind of a beast this Holiday!

pezus said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:

Pre-order charts have never been really accurate so there's really nothing to see here. They are just fun to see because they give you a slight idea as to what it will do first week.

Next game with overtracked pre-orders: Mass Effect 3 ;D. I'm sure you'd mind about that.

As long as it sells more than ME2 for it's first week (which it will) I'll be happy

Excellent numbers each one, except PSV horrible 2nd week drop and DS horrible YoY drop.
WOW @ a PC game number one again after so much time!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

pezus said:
mitlar37 said:
pezus said:

Overtracked? - vg had preorders for US at less than 1 mill.

Preorders:

1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 1 18,715 958,073

Sales:

Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)
Electronic Arts, RPG
1 967,764 967,764

Do you seriously believe only 10.000 people bought the game without preordering it? And that preorders amounted for 99% of FW sales...

while it obviously was a bit overtracked, unless adjusted down later on, really isn't as much as you think. People who preordered it got to play it a week early, and this is a MMO after all, where starting a week early will put you at a big advantage over other players. Seems logical that most people who are so interested in playing it as soon as it comes out will preorder it and play it the week before it comes out as well.

I really miss being able to see the top 50 for each console, especially around this time of year.