By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why has Nintendo not put in a achievement system in the 3DS/Wii and has the HD twins missed a golden opportunity?

What do you want to see more? I know it's a rough one, pick one.

Wii/3DS add achievement s... 19 73.08%

Last gen games getting tr... 7 26.92%

Total:26

I love Nintendo and have played certain games like Super Metroid over 20 times. However I have become very involved with my 360 and seems to be the achievements that suck me in and make me feel rewarded. Thats one thing that I wish Nintendo would have put into the 3DS, not that it's hurting sales but it would add depth and maybe make Xxain feel better about collecting and going through the game multiple times. Here is his thread to see what I'm talking about.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=138282

The reason I brought up Super Metroid is because I think that Nintendo can capitalize on what others have not and that is adding some very simple achievements to old games. Just saying how many times I played through Super Metroid would make me happy but why not take it a step further and add the percentage of collectible's  collected, secret levels or just a grade on how the playthrough went. I think both HD consoles can do this as well. I thought a long time ago that it was a missed opportunity by MS and Software companies to add achievements to last gen games to boost sales.  Just add something stupid,  500 points over all, 200 for beating it on normal and 300 for hard or if you feel the game deserves more attention then do so.

So do you think that it was a missed opportunity for Nintendo as well as MS and Sony for not implementing achievements or not implementing them enough? 

Around the Network

because grans and 5 year olds dont care for acheivements

But... then everyone knows I'm playing Just Dance 3 and suck at it.... :(

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

What about my other question. What about last gen game achievements?

spaceguy said:
NiKKoM said:

neh.. the past is the past.. I rather have those few programmers on new games...

and I'm too old to replay those old games... with my skills now I wouldn't able to finish Battletoads on the NES..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
because grans and 5 year olds dont care for acheivements

What about us old school gamers that want to get rewarded for the old games on nintendo. I would have bought a lot more games had they made it a challenge and thats what achievements add.

NiKKoM said:
spaceguy said:
NiKKoM said:

neh.. the past is the past.. I rather have those few programmers on new games...

and I'm too old to replay those old games... with my skills now I wouldn't able to finish Battletoads on the NES..

O c'mon, I'm old as well but I would love play back through all the old school mario's. Sh-t I started Super Metroid again.

I was very disappointed that they didn't add Trophies for Oblivion when they released Oblivion 5th Anniversary edition this summer. But that wasn't Sony's fault, it was Bethesda's fault.

Speaking of Oblivion it sucks that the DLC is not available on PS3.

Anyway, had there been Trophy support I would have putted far more hours in the PS3 version of Oblivion.

Well Sony should have implemented trophies from day 1 or at least force everyone releasing games in 2008 to patch support later.

I'm still pissed off VC1 didn't get trophies.

As for Wii-U I hope Nintendo get's smarter and implements them.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Achievements are unnecessary if you need to feel rewarded your p laying the game for the wrong reasons. I hope nintendo never does that

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.