Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/19 ~ 12/25

Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Well you can argue that... but back in the day when the 3DS launched, at similar price with no big games (like mario, MH Tri G...) not in the holiday season, I think it sold a lil bit more than 70K .....

3DS' biggest competition was a 6 Year old handheld that had no big (500k) new game released for 2 Months. PSV's competition is a Nintendo handheld that's just had the combined might of a pricecut, Mario Kart, 3D Mario and Monster Hunter behind it.

The 3DS is the successor to a handheld thats sold almost 33 Million units while the PSV is the successor to a handheld that sold less than 19 Million.

The Vita isn't the 3DS.


Still the numbers are there.... Vita's 2nd weeks numbers are just plain bad, for w/e reason/excuse anyone would use, and there's no denying.

Using the DS as comparison, tells me nothing with examples like Ps2 to ps3, and gamecube to wii. One success doesnt assures the next one...


Who said they were denying the fact that the PSVita did bad? It was obvious but there were reasons on why it did bad, reasons for its own mistakes and reasons on what its competitor did, neither of which are excuses.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:

Still the numbers are there.... Vita's 2nd weeks numbers are just plain bad, for w/e reason/excuse anyone would use, and there's no denying.

Using the DS as comparison, tells me nothing with examples like Ps2 to ps3, and gamecube to wii. One success doesnt assures the next one...

Nobody is denying those Vita sales are bad (Unless I missed it). People are giving reasons though, of things which were overlooked before release due to hype/whatever. People expected too much and Vita has done nowhere near as well in the 2nd Week as people would have thought.



                            

DakonBlackblade said:
I find it pretty easy to understand whats going on with the Vita in Japan, it has throngs of games that apeal to the Western crowd but this same games dont apeal half as much to the Japanese people, realy Sony should know this would happen when they launched a hardware in Japan trusting Uncharted Golden Abyss would sell it, the game will do the trick on the West but definetly not on the East.

Get some JRPGs (ask Square to do a Final Fantasy something, get a Tales of anything ans so on) on it and all is good.

Hopefully things will pick up when vita gets gravity daze and fyi there's a tales games coming to psv within a few months I think and it's also getting FFX 



psv is dead already : (



BasilZero said:
mhsillen said:
BasilZero said:
mhsillen said:
BasilZero said:
Galaki said:
BasilZero said:

they were obviously price gouging it

Selling your wares for profit is price grouging now?


It is price gouging when they sell something alot higher than it is suppose to sell for. Cutting the price in 6 months is sure sign of it, other companies have suffered far more problems with their products (i.e. Sony with PS3 and PSP) , you didnt see them price cutting their systems within a year of their release.

Nintendo released their system at a high price because they took advantage of the average video game consumer , knowing that their fans would blindly throw their money at them just to get hands on their brand named product, and guess what it worked, for the first six months, how many 3DSes sold and how much money did they actually lose from producing the system and selling it? They actually made alot of cash I'm pretty sure from the first six months, their goals on how many systems to sell of course was a whole nother issue.

Sure their stocks went down but that was because of the dismal sales, but I'm pretty sure they made more of a profit than you think.

In the end, Nintendo's brand name sells alot more than Sony or Microsoft's regardless of how crappy the library of games they have. As long as Mario or Zelda gets released on their system, they'll sell more than $ony and Micro$oft. xD


Just do a search, 3DS was losing money on each sale.  And how much is to much,   are you the authority on price gouging?

You dont need to be a authority figure to see something so obvious as price gouging, just a smart consumer who doesnt blindly throw their money at their "Favorite" company.

I just cant see how 3DS was losing money , you would think a price cut would do alot more damage than a few units which werent being sold. I still feel Nintendo ripped off 80 extra dollars for each and every 3DS that was sold at the full price few months ago and before.

Its pretty obvious they price gouged it at high price since there were no direct competitors and finally lowered the price abit when a competitor actually came out.

You brought the subject up so..where are the finacials you have that show gouging.

And how much or what percentage of cost is gouging. 

http://kotaku.com/5785605/so-how-much-does-it-cost-to-make-a-nintendo-3ds

Selling a system more than double of what it costs to make? I've said few times when the 3DS first came out that double the price of production is fine, but anything more is price gouging.

To answer your question, 50 dollars.



Price for raw materials=totals cost of manufacturing ans sales=no



Around the Network
mhsillen said:
BasilZero said:
mhsillen said:
BasilZero said:
mhsillen said:
BasilZero said:
Galaki said:
BasilZero said:

they were obviously price gouging it

Selling your wares for profit is price grouging now?


It is price gouging when they sell something alot higher than it is suppose to sell for. Cutting the price in 6 months is sure sign of it, other companies have suffered far more problems with their products (i.e. Sony with PS3 and PSP) , you didnt see them price cutting their systems within a year of their release.

Nintendo released their system at a high price because they took advantage of the average video game consumer , knowing that their fans would blindly throw their money at them just to get hands on their brand named product, and guess what it worked, for the first six months, how many 3DSes sold and how much money did they actually lose from producing the system and selling it? They actually made alot of cash I'm pretty sure from the first six months, their goals on how many systems to sell of course was a whole nother issue.

Sure their stocks went down but that was because of the dismal sales, but I'm pretty sure they made more of a profit than you think.

In the end, Nintendo's brand name sells alot more than Sony or Microsoft's regardless of how crappy the library of games they have. As long as Mario or Zelda gets released on their system, they'll sell more than $ony and Micro$oft. xD


Just do a search, 3DS was losing money on each sale.  And how much is to much,   are you the authority on price gouging?

You dont need to be a authority figure to see something so obvious as price gouging, just a smart consumer who doesnt blindly throw their money at their "Favorite" company.

I just cant see how 3DS was losing money , you would think a price cut would do alot more damage than a few units which werent being sold. I still feel Nintendo ripped off 80 extra dollars for each and every 3DS that was sold at the full price few months ago and before.

Its pretty obvious they price gouged it at high price since there were no direct competitors and finally lowered the price abit when a competitor actually came out.

You brought the subject up so..where are the finacials you have that show gouging.

And how much or what percentage of cost is gouging. 

http://kotaku.com/5785605/so-how-much-does-it-cost-to-make-a-nintendo-3ds

Selling a system more than double of what it costs to make? I've said few times when the 3DS first came out that double the price of production is fine, but anything more is price gouging.

To answer your question, 50 dollars.



Price for raw materials=totals cost of manufacturing ans sales=no


Read back what I posted earlier to the other guy, I never said the sales price = raw materials price.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

BasilZero said:
mhsillen said:
BasilZero said:

http://kotaku.com/5785605/so-how-much-does-it-cost-to-make-a-nintendo-3ds

Selling a system more than double of what it costs to make? I've said few times when the 3DS first came out that double the price of production is fine, but anything more is price gouging.

To answer your question, 50 dollars.

Price for raw materials=totals cost of manufacturing ans sales=no

Read back what I posted earlier to the other guy, I never said the sales price = raw materials price.

Let's clear up some of this fuzzy math here.

3DS selling at $250 = profit

You claimed that, that's more than double what it cost Nintendo to product it.

So, 3DS would cost Nintendo less than $125.

Now, Nintendo is selling the 3DS at $170 and are losing money on each unit.

That would mean it costs Nintendo more than $170 per 3DS unit.

So, who's eating up more than $55 per unit?

I blame WiiFit?



Galaki said:
BasilZero said:
mhsillen said:
BasilZero said:

http://kotaku.com/5785605/so-how-much-does-it-cost-to-make-a-nintendo-3ds

Selling a system more than double of what it costs to make? I've said few times when the 3DS first came out that double the price of production is fine, but anything more is price gouging.

To answer your question, 50 dollars.

Price for raw materials=totals cost of manufacturing ans sales=no

Read back what I posted earlier to the other guy, I never said the sales price = raw materials price.

Let's clear up some of this fuzzy math here.

3DS selling at $250 = profit

You claimed that, that's more than double what it cost Nintendo to product it.

So, 3DS would cost Nintendo less than $125.

Now, Nintendo is selling the 3DS at $170 and are losing money on each unit.

That would mean it costs Nintendo more than $170 per 3DS unit.

So, who's eating up more than $55 per unit?

I blame WiiFit?


Did you even read any of my posts or are you letting fanboyism blind you that bad? I bet your one of those fanboys who think Final Fantasy is a Sony game lmao.

Anyways, I did not claim anything, its all over the internet, go check what the manufacturing cost of a 3DS is and it will tell you its around the range of 100 to 105 dollars.

Nintendo 3DS was being sold more than twice the amount of its manufacture costs = $250

You seriously cannot deny that. (Yes there are shipping costs and retail costs, but I doubt it would warrant a extra 50 dollars).

Lets do some math for ya fella : 105 x 2 = 210 (Max) OR 100 x 2 = 200 (Min)
Double of its manufactuer's cost = $200
Nintendo's Choice of cost = $180 (20 dollars less than the double rate of the production of a unit)

So where does Nintendo get the A-ok for 249.99? Oh right, business propaganda! No competition and a year ahead of a possible competitor. "Hey guys lets take advantage of our pee brain fans who would throw cash at us for our brand name!"

Along with that do you seriously think parts that are almost a year old now actually would cost the same as it was when the system was first released?

Also how do you know how much their losing, hell you dont even know if their even losing 10 dollars per unit lmao.  200 dollars would of gotten them a less "loss" if they even have any major losses to begin with. also whatever losses they were making in the last few months would of been made up by now after all the sales last few weeks and all those 249.99 units being sold before the price cut.

The fact that Nintendo went down to 179.99 for the 3DS was for to regain momentum and faith from people who shy'd away from their price tag and to gather up the remaining who were originally waiting for the Vita. The only reason why they are making any losses is because of the current price tag, they could of easily made it 199.99 and still profited during the holiday.

Oh and before you go making insults and lame sarcastic jokes, you should probably blame yourself for being a ignorant fan of Nintendo.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

DarkDesent666 said:

Something I just remembered me saying to someone in this thread earlier and that was if Vita launched later with more software it would have sold more but ultimately it wouldn't have benefited Sony. I think that applies to these numbers as well. Vita has alot of games coming and when they come out the sales should pick up a bit, it won't be able to compete directly with 3DS for awhile but ultimately this is all irrelevent as Vita will be getting alot of good games that people and wantand I don't see how releasing before then will hurt it.

sales2099 said:
This isnt the proper forum but just want to put out there that PS3 isnt beating xbox in the world. This very site we are on still shows 360 having a global lead. 

Didn't the last fiscal report show ps3 in the lead?

Lifetime global sales....its on the home page....



 

 

BasilZero said:

It's kind of ironic seeing you calling others fanboys.