By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/19 ~ 12/25

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
the nintendo fans are coming out almost like they were in hibernation all this time.

Well at least they don't switch to alternate ID's and go in defend mode when shit goes down.XD

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
ryuzaki57 said:
psrock said:
great thread. I knew something Sony went bad when I saw so many replies. Vita needs help, it needs games badly, how is Uncharted the big game in Japan Sony. that makes no sense. And that memory card thing is going to hurt them badly.

My thoughts exactly. PSVita needs a real Japanese killer-app (I wonder why they didn't push Gravity Daze, it was perfect for the job). And yes, they should have authorized the re-use of memory sticks. Those new memory cards are a big, big mistake...

Thats because all the killer apps are being released on the PSP, they should of delayed the release for FF Type 0 and released it on the Vita instead.

Yes it's sad to see games like God Eater 2, Shining Blade or Tales of Twin Braves still developped for the PSP. Vita's sales will never take off unless publishers show a little confidence in the system.

hatmoza said:
Boutros said:
Acevil said:
Boutros said:
FFVII had a 84% drop.

FFVIII had a 89% drop.

FFIX had a 83% drop.

FFX had a 87% drop.

FFX-2 had a 88% drop.

FFXII had a 87% drop.

FXIII had a 87% drop.

FFXIII-2 has a 77% drop.

But all previously listed titles started really huge if I am not mistaken. Taking that into account this drop is still a huge drop, but it looks significantly less because it had bad first week (by FF standards, not a bad week by normal games). 

Yes but why didn't it drop the same as other FF games?

Probably because a lot of people held off before buying it as they were disappointed with FFXIII but now they hear it's a good game and they decide to buy it! If you have a better reason please do tell.

This has to be the most interesting argument I've seen in a while. Desperate angle, but interesting nonetheless Boutrous.

Basically what you are saying is that 10% FF XIII-2 Japanese buyers in the second week made that perchase based on word of mouth.

As my new hubby acevil mentioned, first week was so bad compared to other FF first week sales that the % is slightly greater.

Boutros obviously needs help here.

Hatmoza, if your theory "FFXIII was crap so people don't buy the sequel" is to be believed, shouldn't FFXIII-2 sales have declined even faster? Obviously the diehard fans bought it day 1 or 2, but why did the "disappointed" fans bother going buy it on 2nd week or even at all?

Boutros' theory is the most likely. You have to accept the positiveness of this hold.

[NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo) - 224.411 / 3.837.894 / 6,05% 08/12/05
[SFC] Super Mario Kart (Nintendo) - / 3.820.000 27/08/92
[WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 608.147 / 3.298.179 / 18,44% 10/04/08
[N64] Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo) - 160.363 / 1.711.661 / 9,37% 14/12/96
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) - 451.932 / 1.082.391 / 41,75% 01/12/11
[GBA] Mario Kart: Super Circuit (Nintendo) - 261.797 / 938.175 / 27,90% 21/07/01
[GCN] Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Nintendo) - 179.230 / 825.894 / 21,70% 07/11/03

How come Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and especially Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA 18 million user-base) flopped so badly?

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
hatmoza said:
Boutros said:
Acevil said:
Boutros said:
FFVII had a 84% drop.

FFVIII had a 89% drop.

FFIX had a 83% drop.

FFX had a 87% drop.

FFX-2 had a 88% drop.

FFXII had a 87% drop.

FXIII had a 87% drop.

FFXIII-2 has a 77% drop.

But all previously listed titles started really huge if I am not mistaken. Taking that into account this drop is still a huge drop, but it looks significantly less because it had bad first week (by FF standards, not a bad week by normal games). 

Probably because a lot of people held off before buying it as they were disappointed with FFXIII but now they hear it's a good game and they decide to buy it! If you have a better reason please do tell.

This has to be the most interesting argument I've seen in a while. Desperate angle, but interesting nonetheless Boutrous.

Basically what you are saying is that 10% FF XIII-2 Japanese buyers in the second week made that perchase based on word of mouth.

As my new hubby acevil mentioned, first week was so bad compared to other FF first week sales that the % is slightly greater.

Hatmoza, if your theory "FFXIII was crap so people don't buy the sequel" is to be believed, shouldn't FFXIII-2 sales have declined even faster? Obviously the diehard fans bought it day 1 or 2, but why did the "disappointed" fans bother going buy it on 2nd week or even at all?

Boutros' theory is the most likely. You have to accept the positiveness of this hold.

The truth is that those opening badly have smaller decline even if word of mouth is worse. Regardless, FFXIII-2 is still a huge flop, it doesn't really matter if it dropped 77% or 87%. Publishers don't care about drop rates, they care about total sales. If game sells less than half of the expected, it always a huge flop, regardless of drop reates. Actually, publishers would prefer game which would have 9M FW and have 10M total over game which has 0.1M FW and 10M total. 

Edit. And, obviously, second week of FFXIII-2 is inflated because it is christmas week (when a lot games INCREASE sales). Without christmas, it would have dropped more than 85%.

Untamoi said:
ryuzaki57 said:
hatmoza said:
Boutros said:
Acevil said:
Boutros said:
FFVII had a 84% drop.

FFVIII had a 89% drop.

FFIX had a 83% drop.

FFX had a 87% drop.

FFX-2 had a 88% drop.

FFXII had a 87% drop.

FXIII had a 87% drop.

FFXIII-2 has a 77% drop.

The truth is that those opening badly have smaller decline even if word of mouth is worse. Regardless, FFXIII-2 is still a huge flop, it doesn't really matter if it dropped 77% or 87%. Publishers don't care about drop rates, they care about total sales. If game sells less than half of the expected, it always a huge flop, regardless of drop reates. Actually, publishers would prefer game which would have 9M FW and have 10M total over game which has 0.1M FW and 10M total. 

Edit. And, obviously, second week of FFXIII-2 is inflated because it is christmas week (when a lot games INCREASE sales). Without christmas, it would have dropped more than 85%.

FFXIII also came out during the Chirstmas season.

And we know they shipped 850k. That number sets their expectations. If they do sell all shipment then how can it be considered a flop?

Boutros said:
Untamoi said:
ryuzaki57 said:
hatmoza said:
Boutros said:
Acevil said:
Boutros said:
FFVII had a 84% drop.

FFVIII had a 89% drop.

FFIX had a 83% drop.

FFX had a 87% drop.

FFX-2 had a 88% drop.

FFXII had a 87% drop.

FXIII had a 87% drop.

FFXIII-2 has a 77% drop.

And we know they shipped 850k. That number sets their expectations. If they do sell all shipment then how can it be considered a flop?

This isn't true, a shipment does not equal expectation. I never heard a case of the first shipment = expectations. 

Acevil said:
Boutros said:
Untamoi said:
ryuzaki57 said:
hatmoza said:
Boutros said:
Acevil said:
Boutros said:
FFVII had a 84% drop.

FFVIII had a 89% drop.

FFIX had a 83% drop.

FFX had a 87% drop.

FFX-2 had a 88% drop.

FFXII had a 87% drop.

FXIII had a 87% drop.

FFXIII-2 has a 77% drop.

This isn't true, a shipment does not equal expectation. I never heard a case of the first shipment = expectations. 

They'd be fools to expect much more than the first shipment for a franchise like Final Fantasy which is highly front-loaded.

FFXIII sold 81% of all copies first week (which equals to the first shipment).

BasilZero said:
Has the new sales info come out yet?

Famitsu numbers of last week are out, but this weeks number are going to be delayed until sometime later (maybe 1AM EST).