By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles preorders are already at 70,000! Other Operation Rainfall games Coming to America now? <Update> Almost 200,000 now! How close were you? ;)

spurgeonryan said:
Tridrakious said:
flagstaad said:
Tridrakious said:

I would say that pre-orders need to hit 250k before release. Possibly have an opening of 350k to 400k before Nintendo thinks about working on bring any more Operation Rainfall games over to the US.

Wow, 250k Pre-orders is a very, very big number for a JRPG I think that will be the LTD sales, not the preorder numbers. Not a lot of games sell that amount, not even a well known franchise like metroid reaches that number easily.

I said that pre-orders need to hit at least 250k before launch and have an opening of at least 350k for Nintendo to consider bringing any other JRPGs over to the states.

At this point do we think it will not get close to 250,000 in preorders?

I'm not sure if that was targeted at me or not, but there is always the possibility it could hit 150k and then just stop increasing.

Around the Network

The game has sold less than 300k (estimated) between Europe and Japan.
So if sales approach 125k, I would think at least The Last Story would come to North America.
It might be summer though since it appears to be taking a while to get the game ready for Europe.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

spurgeonryan said:

At this point do we think it will not get close to 250,000 in preorders?

I think it will not, most of the people related to Operation Rainfall already preorder it, how much people do you think knows about the game and are willing to preorder? unless Gamestop does a great campaign and all the store sellers actually promote the title I think is almost impossible to reach 250k.

200k hard but doable

150k almost sure.

I only hope that the numbers that Nintendo is specting to bring the other tittles are realistic and not ultra high.

spurgeonryan said:
@oni link

Not sure how rare it will be.
Look at cursed mountain sales. I still see copies of that game everywhere. Xenoblade will be a big seller, especially since new games will be hard to find this year foe the wii.

it'll sell well enough (250-300K lifetime) but seeing how it's limited where the game is going to be released it will be hard to find if not rare.  I'm pretty sure the game won't get past a second or 3rd shipment making this a collector's item.  Muramasa and Cursed Mountain was diffrent in a way that it sold to most retailers.  Try to find elecktroplanton and see what I'm talking about.

i have paid off 3 copies for myself,my wife and my oldest nephew so far.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i have paid off 3 copies for myself,my wife and my oldest nephew so far.

That is the spirit, I am trying to make a few friends buy the game, till this moment I have 1 yes, 1 maybe and 1 no. Will preorder the 2 sure copies next weeks and keep asking around, maybe I can get another 2 to buy.

I wish someone would do a petition to localize Fire Emblem 12.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Since I have the PAL version, I may just get the US version to support the releases and keep it sealed in the package. I imagine the value will go up a lot that way.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

sethnintendo said:
FinalEvangelion said:
Luckily, Nintendo has a big free advertising team to promote the game - Operation Rainfall in itself. Everyone who follows the Nintendo or Wii pages on Facebook has heard about it by now from being constantly mentioned.

A new way of marketing that cost zero dollars.  Make a good game and announce that it is only for Japan for the first few months or that they are keeping a close on sales from other areas before releasing in another.

Would be funny and brilliant if that is what Reggie or whoever was on the marketing team making the decisions was thinking the whole time.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

That reminds me I need to preorder the game, but should I preorder from gamespot or Nintendo directly?

Pokemon Y FC: 1461-6202-2180

in-game name: Matthew