By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - These poor souls were not blessed with Christmas gifts they really wanted

HappySqurriel said:
highwaystar101 said:
I would like these to either be fake tweets or be cherry picked tweets. Probably the latter as I know a few people like this. I don't find strange that they nearly all of them want Apple products too.

I have no doubts that they are legitimate ...

Last year I felt like punching my 7 year old nephew in the face because, even though he got an XBox 360 with Kinect, a bunch of videogames and his parents were taking them all to Disney World for a winter vacation, he was whining because he didn’t get an iPod Touch for Christmas. Of course, at his age this is (somewhat) expected and you know (or at least hope) he will grow out of it.

With that said, when I was working my way through university I was still running into people who had the same entitled attitude towards everything and it really got annoying. I remember sitting in a Sociology class at the beginning of the semester listening to two girls talk about how completely unreasonable one girl's parents were being because they only gave her $1,000 for clothes and that would only pay for a couple of outfits.

I don't want to imply that it is typical, but there is a massive number of teenagers and adults who have been spoiled by their parents, have serious entitlement issues, have little/no work ethic and don't see the value in anything.

The worst I ever saw was a women I was fixed up with a couple of years ago ... She was beautiful but at 28 she was living in a condo that was paid for by her parents, driving a car paid for by her parents, and receiving an allowance while complaining that the world was unfair because her English degree didn’t give her a similar income to her brother who was an electrical engineer.

As I said I would like them to be fake, but I know they're probably not because I know people like that too. My brother's a bit like that at times. It's very annoying.

My friend's step-brother used to get everything he wanted when he was younger (essentially because his parents divorced and they battled over his love with expensive presents). It was to the point that his dad had a "gaming room" built for him, a room just for playing video games in. But he would moan over trivial things, such as having to load the dishwasher (which he got paid to do as well!). He seems to have grown up a bit now though, he has a job and seems to earn his stuff.

Fortunately, the majority of people I know seem to have grown out of it by their early twenties at least.

As for $1000 for clothes, I don't think I earn that in a month. I have a modest job at my University and I also make a little bit of cash on the side from buying and selling SNES games. If someone gave me $1000 I would go hyper. I could never spend it all on clothes, I probably spend <$250 on clothes in a year. Complaining over that amount of money seems ludicrous.

Around the Network

This could make a good commercial for contraceptives.

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

What the hell? These people needs a punch to the face.

Wow, just wow, I can't believe some of these people! Insane! They are so spoiled, getting cars and still complaining. Getting an Ipad (2?) and still complaining. Even when they have something nice still complaining just about the color???

These people should be grateful, enjoy whatever you get!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

BasilZero said:
iphone and ipad are overrated.

I don't know about that. I've thoroughly enjoyed my Iphone 4 in the almost 1.5 years I've had it.

I just bought myself a used Ipad 1 (64gb 3g version) for christmas and I'm having a great time with it. I was debating between the Ipad 1 and a PS Vita, but since they were about the same price (wifi Vita + 16gb memory card vs 64gb 3g Ipad 1) I decided to go with the Ipad and have not regretted my decision at all.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

They deserve more than a lump of coal; they need a lump on the head.

Some people expect a car for Christmas? Who does that?

a fuc*king bullet into their brains, that's what Santa should have brought to these bastards

No wonder some people commit suicide. They b depressed.

HappySqurriel said:
Soon they will set up a tent-city and be proclaimed as great heroes by the mainstream media.