By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is anyone else scared that all this boasting of sorcery will put of potential customers??

No.... it's a Move only title... that will be enough to put of potential customers.... harsh? yes.. the truth? also yes..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Hate to say it, but the game is way too far under the radar to be noticed by anyone, but frequent gaming site visitors. Truth be told it probably does not have much of a chance to sell great because not enough of the PS3 user base has move. I have move, but I play way more games than the average gamer.

It sounds like you are trying to hype up the importance of Sorcery by claiming there is buzz surrounding the game when in reality there is almost none.

It's ridicilous to even suggest that people are seriously comparing Sorcery with Zelda.

Like Seece implied, this is a stealther.

Who said it was better than Zelda?
The only thing I recall them saying is that its a lot more accurate controls than Wii and Kinect.

kivi95 said:
Dgc1808 said:
I don't remember any boasting, and I lurk in every SONY and Gaming Discussion thread. As for everything else you said, I don't know. it's already confirmed that Sorcery will be a short game (6 hours or something around that mark). I'm pretty sure when it was announced, it was announced to be a PSN title as well. I doubt SONY's aiming for a Zelda like game.

Where did you read that it was 6 hours only and that it was annonced as a psn game is just a lie.

Some guys from the dev studio visited IGN and they got to play a bit of the game and ask a few questions.

". I was told that the game is only five or six hours in length," - Second to last paragraph

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214741p1.html

I can't find a source for you on the PSN thing though. I'm not sure when or where I heard that but I'm pretty sure i'm not mistaken on it.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
jneul said:

ps to mornelithe claiming my insecurity, thats very nice, but i'm in now way insecure at all, which is why i said zelda has it in spades,
Im going on about a particular set of fans that are trying to hype sorcery up even before any of us have hands, on, with me i'd much rather just play the game and decide for myself.

I'm curious as to why you even care?  I mean no offense here, I'm just a little bewildered that you'd take some random comments from some random nobodies on a forum, so completely seriously.  Zelda is a proven franchise, with 65 million sales in franchise history, it, just like any franchise can only be brought down from within.  Even IF Sorcery does motion control better, Zelda still has the story and the pedigree that fans have enjoyed for many many years.  People don't just forget that and assume a game that has some intriguing qualities will crush it.  That's like expecting Forza to outsell Gran Turismo, or that Mod Nation Racers would kill Mario Kart.

Even on the off chance that Sorcery has a great story, gameplay, presentation etc.... Zelda is still going to have it's story to tell, and a unique way of doing so.  That and name recognition are enough to sell copies of most games.

mornelithe said:
jneul said:

ps to mornelithe claiming my insecurity, thats very nice, but i'm in now way insecure at all, which is why i said zelda has it in spades,
Im going on about a particular set of fans that are trying to hype sorcery up even before any of us have hands, on, with me i'd much rather just play the game and decide for myself.

I'm curious as to why you even care?  I mean no offense here, I'm just a little bewildered that you'd take some random comments from some random nobodies on a forum, so completely seriously.  Zelda is a proven franchise, with 65 million sales in franchise history, it, just like any franchise can only be brought down from within.  Even IF Sorcery does motion control better, Zelda still has the story and the pedigree that fans have enjoyed for many many years.  People don't just forget that and assume a game that has some intriguing qualities will crush it.  That's like expecting Forza to outsell Gran Turismo, or that Mod Nation Racers would kill Mario Kart.

Even on the off chance that Sorcery has a great story, gameplay, presentation etc.... Zelda is still going to have it's story to tell, and a unique way of doing so.  That and name recognition are enough to sell copies of most games.

erm maybe because i want something to talk about, and im excited about sorcery, but i don't want it to be hyped to death!!

ps to certain poster oh yeah this is such a stealth post(sarcasm), and like im off to link you people causing trouble, i know i'll get banned, you think im that silly??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Blind allegiance to titles we know little about, that they'll be good, I love that sort of naivety. Unfortunately there are some things known as disappointments, and there are plenty in the gaming world, what stops Sorcery or any other overhyped title being one is beyond me.. Especially for a new IP.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.