By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is anyone else scared that all this boasting of sorcery will put of potential customers??

kowenicki said:
can you link us to the boasting, by someone that has had hands-on, that its better than zelda...

I heard claims of Sony fans doing boasting (didn't we have a thread when the first trailer was released?) but outside of that I can't think of anyone professional or neutral, saying that. 

Edit: I found that thread, the logic was based on the "E3 presentation of Zelda, which did not work smoothly vs socery e3 presentation."

Around the Network

Why would you even compare zelda to sorcery? I've only played the game in my mind for a few minutes, but sorcery is hands down the better archetype for that -childish-fantasy-action-puzzler genre.
IIRC, last time I was in the future, the next zelda had been canceled and pretty much all 3 million fans of the game switched over to ps3 and move because all they actually wanted to do was shoot magic around and zelda had become far too puzzle-y.
Aunoma was staunchly against changing the 25-year proven formula of "unlock mystical sword, get upgrades that unlock things in previously visited areas, gather pieces of something or other, so that the gameplay is like a washing machine of revisiting the same areas over and over and over", to something more fun like, "playing something different".

It's sad because the next zelda will come only in 2020, and it's ocarina of time hologram edition, instead of the vastly superior majora's mask hologram edition, which ends up getting canceled after a dangerous sword preorder-giveaway occurs leaving 18,000 dead Links, Link descendants, and alternate universe Links in the span of 1 hour.

Comparing Sorcery with Zelda....is like comparing Gran Turismo HD with Gran Turismo 4. GTHD can have better graphics or even better gameplay, but not the amount of contents that GT4 have.

The hope->hype->reality check->rage is very common in this industry, and it devours good but not great games due to the PR machine and fanboyism in the industry. I think it's one of the biggest mistakes Sony PR does, their games are (IMO) just under Nintendo's in quality, but the constant hype created in forums by their fans, helped by focus groups, make lots of people angry when they discover that the game they have been waiting several years isn't the OMG best game evah! they thought it was going to be.

No one's compared Sorcery to Zelda since the games were announced, though it's true that at that time a few people did say Sorcery looked better.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
All I'm hearing is insecurity coming from a franchise that's always sold extremely, extremely well...against a brand new franchise that we know perilously little about. Is your confidence in Zelda that low? o.0

You've never read a jneul post before, have you

ps to mornelithe claiming my insecurity, thats very nice, but i'm in now way insecure at all, which is why i said zelda has it in spades,
Im going on about a particular set of fans that are trying to hype sorcery up even before any of us have hands, on, with me i'd much rather just play the game and decide for myself.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Dgc1808 said:
I don't remember any boasting, and I lurk in every SONY and Gaming Discussion thread. As for everything else you said, I don't know. it's already confirmed that Sorcery will be a short game (6 hours or something around that mark). I'm pretty sure when it was announced, it was announced to be a PSN title as well. I doubt SONY's aiming for a Zelda like game.

Where did you read that it was 6 hours only and that it was annonced as a psn game is just a lie.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Dgc1808 said:
I don't remember any boasting, and I lurk in every SONY and Gaming Discussion thread. As for everything else you said, I don't know. it's already confirmed that Sorcery will be a short game (6 hours or something around that mark). I'm pretty sure when it was announced, it was announced to be a PSN title as well. I doubt SONY's aiming for a Zelda like game.

apparantly the trouble was stirred up by an article claiming that sorcery proves why the move is the best over the wii, to best the wii you would think it would have to outdo the best in it's genre no? hence the start of fanwars and people comparing wii games to ps3 move games

ps im just discussing here, not trouble causing (for once lol).

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

kowenicki said:
can you link us to the boasting, by someone that has had hands-on, that its better than zelda...

no because right now its mainly fan hype talk lol

PS VITA = LIFE