By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (FIRST TRAILER) AHH!

Slightly disappointed. Looked a bit low budget and the dwarfs were too comical.



Around the Network

i can't wait for this i'm a big tolkien fan. the hobbit is a great book. go read it!!!



Slimebeast said:
Slightly disappointed. Looked a bit low budget and the dwarfs were too comical.


it has a $500,000,000 budget..... 

they are not even close to finnishing filming the first so no.. not very low budget 



God I'm really exited for this and the Dark Knight rises. The trailer for both movies were epic but in my opinion The original dark knight had a much more stunning trailer than both the Hobbit and Dark Knight rises.



The only thing that bugs me is that half the dwarves look older than Thorin.



Around the Network

Sweet! I'm honestly more excited for this one than I was for the LOTR Trilogy since I read the book and loved the Rankin Bass animated version when I was a kid, while I never read the LOTR before the movies came out.

Question though: are they padding these two films with some extra stuff, because I remember both the book (and obviously the cartoon) being somewhat short when I was a kid, obviously not the length of each book in the LOTR trilogy, so how do they plan on stretching this out over 2 movies? I'd much rather one 3 hour movie than two 1.5-2 hour movies. I hope to god they don't draw these movies out the way they did with the LOTR films with all the slow-motion dramatic bullshit that just wastes time. There's a reason why so many people refer to those movies as the "Bored of the Rings" trilogy.



On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

PlaystaionGamer said:

it has a $500,000,000 budget..... 

they are not even close to finnishing filming the first so no.. not very low budget 

What?Are you just estimating,or is that number based on a source?Even so,I think that would be the budget for both I & II parts.



Mordred11 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

it has a $500,000,000 budget..... 

they are not even close to finnishing filming the first so no.. not very low budget 

What?Are you just estimating,or is that number based on a source?Even so,I think that would be the budget for both I & II parts.


yes its both parts but they are being filmed back to back



NightDragon83 said:
Sweet! I'm honestly more excited for this one than I was for the LOTR Trilogy since I read the book and loved the Rankin Bass animated version when I was a kid, while I never read the LOTR before the movies came out.

Question though: are they padding these two films with some extra stuff, because I remember both the book (and obviously the cartoon) being somewhat short when I was a kid, obviously not the length of each book in the LOTR trilogy, so how do they plan on stretching this out over 2 movies? I'd much rather one 3 hour movie than two 1.5-2 hour movies. I hope to god they don't draw these movies out the way they did with the LOTR films with all the slow-motion dramatic bullshit that just wastes time. There's a reason why so many people refer to those movies as the "Bored of the Rings" trilogy.

I disagree. The LotR movies are perhaps my favourite movies of all time. I love all of the extra stuff they included, and the extended editions are heavenly. But in these, they're not only doing the Hobbit, but also stuff like what Gandalf was up to during the Hobbit (when you didn't read about him), and I believe it is continuing beyond the Hobbit and leading into the Fellowship of the Ring.



insomniac17 said:
NightDragon83 said:
Sweet! I'm honestly more excited for this one than I was for the LOTR Trilogy since I read the book and loved the Rankin Bass animated version when I was a kid, while I never read the LOTR before the movies came out.

Question though: are they padding these two films with some extra stuff, because I remember both the book (and obviously the cartoon) being somewhat short when I was a kid, obviously not the length of each book in the LOTR trilogy, so how do they plan on stretching this out over 2 movies? I'd much rather one 3 hour movie than two 1.5-2 hour movies. I hope to god they don't draw these movies out the way they did with the LOTR films with all the slow-motion dramatic bullshit that just wastes time. There's a reason why so many people refer to those movies as the "Bored of the Rings" trilogy.

I disagree. The LotR movies are perhaps my favourite movies of all time. I love all of the extra stuff they included, and the extended editions are heavenly. But in these, they're not only doing the Hobbit, but also stuff like what Gandalf was up to during the Hobbit (when you didn't read about him), and I believe it is continuing beyond the Hobbit and leading into the Fellowship of the Ring.


^ could not agree more, the extended LorR's are the best movies ever! the 4 hour Return of the King is just epic!