By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (FIRST TRAILER) AHH!

Can't fucking wait!

Around the Network
Millenium said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Millenium said:
kowenicki said:
Did I see 3D at the end!!?? Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Anyway... Doesn't seem to have quite the same grit.

I'll be there the day it opens though.

Yup, Both The Hobbit movies are being filmed in 3d (and normal format) @ 48 fps (versus the normal 24) They're even doing 2d artwork in 3d! O.o

Peter Jackson isnt an idiot, he will do good 3D and not over the top Spy Kids 3 sorta 3D! lol 

Haha, I know man, he's a great visionary, but I'm just not a 3d fan. :)

They are using some great techniques though, as seen in the documentaries.

im not a fan of 3D too, yeh he is amazing! im sure he wont over do it like in most other 3D movies. Avatar was a great example of good 3D but it also felt like there was no point? 

I knew there was something missing in Skyrim. Dwarfs !!!!

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
I knew there was something missing in Skyrim. Dwarfs !!!!

There are Dwarves in Skyrim, but they're Elves. Go figure. The various deep holds you visit filled with mechanical nasties are remnants of the Dwarves -- called the Dwemer. So, not missing from Skyrim, just present in a different variety, and never really seen.

Me? Pedantic much? Yup.

Edit: Also, I could not be more excited for this movie if I tried.

PlaystaionGamer said:
Millenium said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
Millenium said:
kowenicki said:
Did I see 3D at the end!!?? Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Anyway... Doesn't seem to have quite the same grit.

I'll be there the day it opens though.

Yup, Both The Hobbit movies are being filmed in 3d (and normal format) @ 48 fps (versus the normal 24) They're even doing 2d artwork in 3d! O.o

Peter Jackson isnt an idiot, he will do good 3D and not over the top Spy Kids 3 sorta 3D! lol 

Haha, I know man, he's a great visionary, but I'm just not a 3d fan. :)

They are using some great techniques though, as seen in the documentaries.

im not a fan of 3D too, yeh he is amazing! im sure he wont over do it like in most other 3D movies. Avatar was a great example of good 3D but it also felt like there was no point? 

3d in my own opinion was added to generate more revenue & add more eye candy, nothing more.

And honestly it didn't need it, I don't dislike Avatar, but it's not a movie I'd watch several times for the gripping story etc, that being said Weta Digital ensured every version of the movie looks glorious, even without 3d.

I think Peter Jackson will better combine the visual eye candy (+3d) and story to create a great movie, for those that are into it.

For me, 2d @ 48 fps in Imax will be the way to watch this.

Around the Network

Slightly disappointed. Looked a bit low budget and the dwarfs were too comical.

i can't wait for this i'm a big tolkien fan. the hobbit is a great book. go read it!!!

Slimebeast said:
Slightly disappointed. Looked a bit low budget and the dwarfs were too comical.

it has a $500,000,000 budget..... 

they are not even close to finnishing filming the first so no.. not very low budget 

God I'm really exited for this and the Dark Knight rises. The trailer for both movies were epic but in my opinion The original dark knight had a much more stunning trailer than both the Hobbit and Dark Knight rises.

The only thing that bugs me is that half the dwarves look older than Thorin.