By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think PS4 will be PS2 compatible?

no

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Considering there are already PS2 titles available for download viz PSN, I think Sony will expand the current PSN and add more PS2 games for download to go along with the ones already present.

Either that, or they will give it PS2 BC but not PS3 BC, and make PS3 games available for download on PSN.

I doubt the PS4 will be PS3 compatible

Unless Sony goes Cellriffic again (highly doubtful), they will not use hardware for B/C and Im betting Sony will not put in the effort for Software B/C

Tough question to get an answer. They'd need to put in a Power cpu with 7 cores or use cell again (upgraded or not) for PS3 compatibility. As far as PS2 goes, looks like they've made some headway with their PS2 emulator since you can now download PS2 games on your PS3. The GPU was the biggest thing holding an emulator on the PS3 back, so with a new console and a more powerful GPU ps2 shouldn't be a problem.

I think they'll have the horsepower to create a decent emulator.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Only through PSN.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Just like PS3 and PSN games from PS1.
But I think, that's really great idea. I couldn't imagine, if PS3 compatible with PS1+PS2 games.

IamAwsome said:
No, they wiill make PS2 games available for download.

/end thread

No.
And I doubt it will be fully PS3 BC either.

They will try to make you download PS2 titles again.

i wish they would just put up all the PS2 games on PSN. i mean.. its a form of income for all the developers so they might as well just do it!