By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim - Stormcloaks or Imperial Legion

Tagged games:

Khuutra said:
Well the Imperials are assholes, but the Stormcloaks are racist.

I choose neither, Bob, and if they don't like it I'd like them to talk to my Battleaxe, who I have named Betsy.

Yeah.... I was all about the Stormcloaks, until my Argonian made it to Winterhold....

awkward....

So actually i've got 3 chars right now...

An Orc Blacksmith/Enchanter who is an Imperial Legion follower.

A Nord Fighter who is expected to be a Stormcloak

And an Imperial I'm RPing just like myself, who unless something changes... will go with neither.

The Argonian I stopped using because he was broken.  Conjuration+Destruction feels unstoppable.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
I rather liked how Witcher 2 did this a bit better. Instead of giving us two sides that are really easy to hate, the two sides in Witcher 2 were extremely sympathetic for different reasons, and the more you got to know them the more human they became, rather than less.

Point is the Stormcloaks make me miss Iorveth.

I disagree.  I think having two sides that are both hateable is great.  Because it puts you in a great dilema where you might decide neither even though there are rewards to be had.

It reminds me of playing an RPG where you spend the first 75% of the game saving the Princess who was your girlfriend, from the evil empire... but then when you get her back.... she's fallen in love with another guy!

Plus, that other guy works best in a group with your main character, making your main character more effective too!

It's a great kick in the gut and expectations to where your suddenly the demotivated angry leader of a rebel army seeing something through just because you've come so far.

SvennoJ said:
Neither, the capture the fort missions were the weakest in the game. And twice I had my own men turn on me for walking into my fireballs and had to slaughter all of them too.
Then they congratulate me back at camp, and on to the next fort.

I did the Stormcloak side first then didn't bother doing the Imperial side. I wanted to side with the imperials in the end (I paid good money for my house in Solitude after all) but after completing the Stormcloak side I didn't bother going back, not worth it.
Nothing really changed anyway, except it lets you become Thane of 2 more strongholds, counts towards the 3 favors you have to complete.

I have only done one of those, but I basically sat back and let them to do most of the fighting because I was so scared of friendly fire

Have to say the Imperials seem to be making the best arguments on here.
- Have already paid them good money for houses
- Keeps the Thalmor out of Skyrim
- Stormcloaks saying they would have liked to join the Imperials

As for the High Elves, I will need some way to raise my bounty in the jarldoms for the wanted trophy...

All of this and my character is an Imperial, and I didn't really want to be a turncoat, makes me think the legion may be the best choice although I will be selling myself out to the 1%.

dr3b said:

As for the High Elves, I will need some way to raise my bounty in the jarldoms for the wanted trophy...

All of this and my character is an Imperial, and I didn't really want to be a turncoat, makes me think the legion may be the best choice although I will be selling myself out to the 1%.

There's a dirt cheap way of doing this. Get the Storm Call shout, use it in any major city, instant 1000 bounty

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Stormcloaks, why would I help the motherfuckers that tried to cut off my head at the start? I mercilessly kill any and all Imperial Legion troops I see.

over 70 hours in and still haven't done any of their missions. But when I do, I'm going to join the Imperials.

91 hours into it, but still haven't chosen which I take. Yet. because Í know which side I'll take, I just want to finish the other questlines first.

THE EMPIRE WILL RISE AGAIN!

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

i choose the dark brotherhood.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

lestatdark said:
dr3b said:

There's a dirt cheap way of doing this. Get the Storm Call shout, use it in any major city, instant 1000 bounty

I also THINK, I got 1000 bounty for turning into a warewolf just outside of Whiterun, but I can't really remember