By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Skyrim - Stormcloaks or Imperial Legion

Tagged games:

I hate them both. >_> At first I wanted to join the Stormcloaks because the Imperials are arrogant bastards that tried to chop my head off, but after having met Ulfric and other Stormcloaks I changed my mind.
I'll probably join the Stormcloaks anyway, just so I get a chance to kill those measly High Elves but if I get a chance to push Ulfric down a cliff I'll probably take it. Nobody likes me (being a Thief/Mage Dark Elf with werewolf blood that is about to embrace the Dark Brotherhood with open arms might explain that) so perhaps I should just kill'em all and take the crown myself.

Around the Network

I went with the Stormcloaks but after finishing up those quests I kind of regret picking that side. I think the Imperials would have been a better choice.

I rather liked how Witcher 2 did this a bit better. Instead of giving us two sides that are really easy to hate, the two sides in Witcher 2 were extremely sympathetic for different reasons, and the more you got to know them the more human they became, rather than less.

Point is the Stormcloaks make me miss Iorveth.

haven't committed yet but probably stormcloak it,it is their home isn't it?

Above & Beyond

Easy: Three different saves, three different outcomes XD.

Plus, not picking a side adds an extra mission to the Main Quest if you're interested.

If I had to choose one only, I would choose Imperials. Not for any of the reasons of racisms or arrogance, but the fact that messing up the empire (having them lose control of Skyrim), will eventually lead to a Thalmor victory, so siding with the Empire seems to be a more Canon choice in my opinion.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I chose imperials without a second though, they are rich and powerful, I don't want to side with the poor rebels, they don't have a cool X-wing to make up for it...

I made the choice so quickly that I didn't even realise that the Stormcloaks were racist, and I understand the need for a strong empire

I haven't made the decision myself, I was leaning towards the Stormcloaks just because Ulfric looks badass and can also use thu'um, I'm gonna wait til I'm done with the main quest.

lestatdark said:

Plus, not picking a side adds an extra mission to the Main Quest if you're interested.

If I had to choose one only, I would choose Imperials. Not for any of the reasons of racisms or arrogance, but the fact that messing up the empire (having them lose control of Skyrim), will eventually lead to a Thalmor victory, so siding with the Empire seems to be a more Canon choice in my opinion.

The three differents saves idea is a really good idea, lets you play all the interations and continue on with whatever save you want after.

I also like your point that siding against the Imperials would result in Thalmor victory, persuasive points, I would like to kill the High Elves though, they're so condesending!

Neither, the capture the fort missions were the weakest in the game. And twice I had my own men turn on me for walking into my fireballs and had to slaughter all of them too.
Then they congratulate me back at camp, and on to the next fort.

I did the Stormcloak side first then didn't bother doing the Imperial side. I wanted to side with the imperials in the end (I paid good money for my house in Solitude after all) but after completing the Stormcloak side I didn't bother going back, not worth it.
Nothing really changed anyway, except it lets you become Thane of 2 more strongholds, counts towards the 3 favors you have to complete.

dr3b said:
lestatdark said:

The three differents saves idea is a really good idea, lets you play all the interations and continue on with whatever save you want after.

I also like your point that siding against the Imperials would result in Thalmor victory, persuasive points, I would like to kill the High Elves though, they're so condesending!

It's even worse if you're an High Elf character yourself. Any confrontation with the Justicars leads to battle, even if you're one of their own race and are an Imperial yourself, if you pick the wrong conversation choices. It's always an "Either you're with us, or against us" scenario.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"