By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Sale! Last day all the biggest sellers back on sale + chance to win EVERY GAME ON STEAM!!!!

zarx said:

Orcs Must Die!, Bastion and Terreria are all must buys people

I still don't quite get what terraria is... minecraft meets skyrim meets 2D?  Its only 2.50 and it looks interesting, but so is Magicka and I sort of "get" what that game is.

Bastion looks interesting so I might give in to that tomorrow at the last minute, but I also kind of want to get Vice City so I can sit at my computer and nostalgia all over the place

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

Nothing quite says the gaming industry hates you like our prices here in Australia.

JOKA_ said:
zarx said:

Orcs Must Die!, Bastion and Terreria are all must buys people

I still don't quite get what terraria is... minecraft meets skyrim meets 2D?  Its only 2.50 and it looks interesting, but so is Magicka and I sort of "get" what that game is.

Bastion looks interesting so I might give in to that tomorrow at the last minute, but I also kind of want to get Vice City so I can sit at my computer and nostalgia all over the place

I would describe Terreria as Minecraft x 2D Castlevania, it's a lot of fun co-op as well

Bastion is just a lovely game, that also manages to pull at your heart strings, it also fun to play 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Panama said:
Nothing quite says the gaming industry hates you like our prices here in Australia.

Yea it's pretty annoying, I was so happy when I saw that I could get the USA price of Shogun 2 here in NZ I just had to grab it. $7.49 US instead of the insulting $22.49 for AUS, worst is Activision even discounted 25% MW3 is $74.99! fucking appalling, just another reason for me to not buy COD, not that I really need another...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Panama said:

Yea it's pretty annoying, I was so happy when I saw that I could get the USA price of Shogun 2 here in NZ I just had to grab it. $7.49 US instead of the insulting $22.49 for AUS, worst is Activision even discounted 25% MW3 is $74.99! fucking appalling, just another reason for me to not buy COD, not that I really need another...

Luckily Gamersgate were selling the steam copies of Shogun 2 for $7.50 also. I fail to see why steam still charges us a premium for digital distribution. You just know publishers are running out of excuses when even digital copies of games are overpriced here.

Around the Network

Got Costume Quest earlier and a lot of games for retail for Christmas. Wont buy any games now since my backlog on steam is huge.

Panama said:
zarx said:
Panama said:

Luckily Gamersgate were selling the steam copies of Shogun 2 for $7.50 also. I fail to see why steam still charges us a premium for digital distribution. You just know publishers are running out of excuses when even digital copies of games are overpriced here.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/05/why-does-the-witcher-2-cost-more-in-australia/

Explains it pretty well.  The short of it is.... Publishers demand it to be so.