By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WP7 beats Android & iPhone 4S for phone of the year.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Darth Tigris said:
Smashed said:
Except it doesn't have half as good apps or half as much apps as the iPhone 4s.

I love how something that supposedly didn't matter to Mac users is now used as an argument against WP ...

Smashed is a mac user?

Also,

iPhone User =/= Mac User...

I don't know.  I wasn't accusing him of being one.  I was just referring to the argument.

But, for the record, a friend of mine that is a diehard Mac user and MS basher that is now an iPhone evangelist that has used this argument has been personally called out by me and couldn't say anything about it.  Hypocrisy rats out a fanboy with a quickness.

Around the Network
selnor said:

I posted the articles before I actually read them. For which I would have had a different title in hindsigt. I simply posted them as soon as I saw them.

Well, you probably should've ;)

Darth Tigris said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
Darth Tigris said:
Smashed said:
Except it doesn't have half as good apps or half as much apps as the iPhone 4s.

I love how something that supposedly didn't matter to Mac users is now used as an argument against WP ...

Smashed is a mac user?

Also,

iPhone User =/= Mac User...

I don't know.  I wasn't accusing him of being one.  I was just referring to the argument.

But, for the record, a friend of mine that is a diehard Mac user and MS basher that is now an iPhone evangelist that has used this argument has been personally called out by me and couldn't say anything about it.  Hypocrisy rats out a fanboy with a quickness.

lol, I can't imagine what his face looked like!

and that's why I will never buy a mac, I will run out of reasons to bash MS

selnor said:

You know whats even worse than posting news in a shady light?

People assuming yo did it on purpose.

Some people here remind me of the customers I get into work.

I posted the articles before I actually read them. For which I would have had a different title in hindsigt. I simply posted them as soon as I saw them.

But its ok, because I actually have a life outside of 'thinking' I'm bigger than the users here and am fully happy with the knowledge I should have read the articles through first.

Shoot first ask later, thats the internet way. ;)

You do realise where articles are concerned I dont have a track record for twisting the facts.

But if it makes you feel better. I'm old enough to know as you hide behind your keyboards that you'll continue to believe your doing a service.

Read first, post later... m'okay?  But I believe you - clearly this was a case of enthusiasm run wild.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Meanwhile, http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/822aec78-27ed-11e1-a4c4-00144feabdc0.html

Looks like some lazy PR guy forgot to tell consumers about those sweet #WP7 phones being #1

"Exane BNP Paribas slashing its sales estimates of the Lumia to just 800,000 units. This is a far cry from its initial 'ballpark estimate' of two million users. The brokerage said this compared poorly with the 3.5 to 4 million sales of Nokia’s previous flagship device, the N8 smartphone based on the Symbian operating system, during its first quarter."

Go, Lumia!

Around the Network
MDMAniac said:

Looks like some lazy PR guy forgot to tell consumers about those sweet #WP7 phones being #1

"Exane BNP Paribas slashing its sales estimates of the Lumia to just 800,000 units. This is a far cry from its initial 'ballpark estimate' of two million users. The brokerage said this compared poorly with the 3.5 to 4 million sales of Nokia’s previous flagship device, the N8 smartphone based on the Symbian operating system, during its first quarter."

Go, Lumia!

It's probably because of the battery issues that Nokia publicly acknowledges, the fix is due next year. But WM7 isn't just Lumia you know.

Reasonable said:
selnor said:

You know whats even worse than posting news in a shady light?

People assuming yo did it on purpose.

Some people here remind me of the customers I get into work.

But its ok, because I actually have a life outside of 'thinking' I'm bigger than the users here and am fully happy with the knowledge I should have read the articles through first.

Shoot first ask later, thats the internet way. ;)

You do realise where articles are concerned I dont have a track record for twisting the facts.

But if it makes you feel better. I'm old enough to know as you hide behind your keyboards that you'll continue to believe your doing a service.

Read first, post later... m'okay?  But I believe you - clearly this was a case of enthusiasm run wild.

and then it transformed into something else.... the title hasn't been changed yet >_>

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
MDMAniac said:

Go, Lumia!

It's probably because of the battery issues that Nokia publicly acknowledges, the fix is due next year. But WM7 isn't just Lumia you know.

Or SMS vulnerability of WP7 discovered recently. Whatever...

And it's only 2nd quote where I was refering to Lumia. UK consumers might had purchased Samsung Omnia or HTC WP7 of all different flavors there, though it's not like they did, according to GfK.

MDMAniac said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
MDMAniac said:

Go, Lumia!

Or SMS vulnerability of WP7 discovered recently. Whatever...

And it's only 2nd quote where I was refering to Lumia. UK consumers might have purchased Samsung Omnia or HTC WP7 of all different flavors there, though it's not like they did, according to GfK.

The fact you mention "SMS vulnerability" on Windows Phone is quite hillarious, espeicially since you are a big Android supporter which gets new dangerous SMS malware problems every week. The SMS issue on the windows phone you're refering to disables the messaging hub if you decide to enter a rediculous amount of characters in to an SMS message, in a specific order.  Good luck trying to figure out what the characters are...

http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-sms-bug-disabling-messaging-hub

Meanwhile Android phones may send expensive SMS messages to foreign countries if you download some game apps.

http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.com/articles/more-malware-found-in-android-market/20996/

I feel sorry for all Nokia supporters as the stock now is under 5$, pretty much a penny stock. Nokia glory days are well behind it and I wouldn't be surprised that they either go bankrupt or be bought out by this time next year as they can no longer support themselves as a going concern. Late entry with the lumia, will be outdated once it hits the states, margins being eroded by Chinese manufactures such as ZTE and Huawei. Nokia like BB got comfortable with their marketshare lead and did not innovate.

So I guess news like this (as false as it is), is one of the only saving graces.