By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hebrewism vs the world

So i have been following the US republican presidential nomination hopeful's debates and other interviews.They again and again bring the religion topic in it.

Now i know the basic laws alot of which are same in all religions and are based on logic,reasoning and philosophy.So i am able to understand why they are in place

What i am trying to find out is the stories and rules of abhramic religions which is the topic of debate alot of which donot follow logic and reasoning.

I am not asking whether they are right or wrong as religion opinions don't matter to me.Now i have tried to find out and reach the root of Abrahamic religion but there is just a lot of and i mean alot to read.

if Adam and Eve were the first man and woman and then they populated the earth,wouldn't all people there after be the same but this isn't agreed upon as they say they created 3 or 4 different races - The african race,the Causcoid race and the mongloid race and then created GOD's chosen children aka Hebrews.

is that what the religion says,mostly Christian-judea side of it which is the part of debate in US.

So help me out here a bit.But please keep opinions out.

Around the Network

Abrahamic cosmology is not as important to understanding the motives of Christianity and Islam, though it has a little importance in regards to Judaism. The purpose of the Jewish faith in its initial conception was to serve as a unique rallying point for the tribe, which is why Judaism has no directives for converting non-Jews (and the Talmud seems to discourage it)

It is primarily a tribal religion, but one of the only tribal religions that has survived in the developed world (aside from Shinto), so its worldview is more distinctly narrow even than the other Abrahamic faiths.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

snakenobi said:

So i have been following the US republican presidential nomination hopeful's debates and other interviews.They again and again bring the religion topic in it.

Now i know the basic laws alot of which are same in all religions and are based on logic,reasoning and philosophy.So i am able to understand why they are in place

What i am trying to find out is the stories and rules of abhramic religions which is the topic of debate alot of which donot follow logic and reasoning.

I am not asking whether they are right or wrong as religion opinions don't matter to me.Now i have tried to find out and reach the root of Abrahamic religion but there is just a lot of and i mean alot to read.

if Adam and Eve were the first man and woman and then they populated the earth,wouldn't all people there after be the same but this isn't agreed upon as they say they created 3 or 4 different races - The african race,the Causcoid race and the mongloid race and then created GOD's chosen children aka Hebrews.

is that what the religion says,mostly Christian-judea side of it which is the part of debate in US.

No really.

It doesn't say God "created" the Jews... its that Abraham was such a good follower of God when everyone else at his time was not, he chose his lineage to be a special people. Of course Jews have narrowed it down to separate out the Arabs (they also have Abraham as a fore father), but that's a whole different debate.

But otherwise yes, most religious scholars would say that god created adam/eve and some other groups not directly mentioned (i.e. those that became wives/husbands of adam/eves kids).

However, this also follows ideas in evolution where you have a start of an evolved species like ours that spreads out with intermingling with other similar enough groups and continues on.

In reality the ideas are relatively the same. I actually hate all the science vs religion arguing as people focus too much on the fine details ignoring the grand ideas.

Mr Khan said:
Abrahamic cosmology is not as important to understanding the motives of Christianity and Islam, though it has a little importance in regards to Judaism. The purpose of the Jewish faith in its initial conception was to serve as a unique rallying point for the tribe, which is why Judaism has no directives for converting non-Jews (and the Talmud seems to discourage it)

It is primarily a tribal religion, but one of the only tribal religions that has survived in the developed world (aside from Shinto), so its worldview is more distinctly narrow even than the other Abrahamic faiths.

cosmology and philosophy are the most important parts of the religion

i have a hard time understanding abrahamic religions because of these important things not available anywhere and wherever i see an explaination its based on blind faith

superchunk said:
snakenobi said:

No really.

It doesn't say God "created" the Jews... its that Abraham was such a good follower of God when everyone else at his time was not, he chose his lineage to be a special people. Of course Jews have narrowed it down to separate out the Arabs (they also have Abraham as a fore father), but that's a whole different debate.

But otherwise yes, most religious scholars would say that god created adam/eve and some other groups not directly mentioned (i.e. those that became wives/husbands of adam/eves kids).

However, this also follows ideas in evolution where you have a start of an evolved species like ours that spreads out with intermingling with other similar enough groups and continues on.

In reality the ideas are relatively the same. I actually hate all the science vs religion arguing as people focus too much on the fine details ignoring the grand ideas.

but who gave abraham the authority

and if abraham or GOD choose a few people as special then it says that GOD is unfair,partial,racist(lol) to all other people on earth

it does not follow idea of evolution as evolution is more about organism evolving from cells and man evolving from apes.evolution is not about intermingling but about the toughest species adapt to the enviornment

adam eve story and their children story says that GOD was unfair.

fine details are the important ones as to how the universe will evolve and who gets the  good life and who gets the bad.

why should people some people sit and chat on the Internet and other people are dying in Latin America,Africa and then go to heaven and relax even more

just clarify if you know fine details on judaism and chritianity as i am still a bit low on information in abrhamic religions

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
superchunk said:
snakenobi said:

No really.

and if abraham or GOD choose a few people as special then it says that GOD is unfair,partial,racist(lol) to all other people on earth

just clarify if you know fine details on judaism and chritianity as i am still a bit low on information in abrhamic religions

God is a jealous God. He wants the love of his followers. I don't see why it doesn't make sense if God choose to bless Abraham's family and the generations to come as he was a faithful follow of which there weren't many. The account of their convenant is pretty well documented in Genesis.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
snakenobi said:
superchunk said:
snakenobi said:

No really.

God is a jealous God. He wants the love of his followers. I don't see why it doesn't make sense if God choose to bless Abraham's family and the generations to come as he was a faithful follow of which there weren't many. The account of their convenant is pretty well documented in Genesis.

i have not read the genesis or other books thats why i was asking if anybody knew

the abrahamic image of GOD is so broken,if GOD always wants something in return then GOD is actually slaving us

snakenobi said:
Mr Khan said:

i have a hard time understanding abrahamic religions because of these important things not available anywhere and wherever i see an explaination its based on blind faith

Morality is the most important part of any religion

Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Mr Khan said:

Morality is the most important part of any religion

people only follow the morality guidelines if religion tells them where they come from or where they will go if they follow a moral guideline

taken heaven and hell out of it and people start thinking themselves

As a US citizen who has to live with the consequences of broad bi-partisan support of AIPAC and Israel, it is real easy for me to break down.

First, no other single country in the Middle East has loyalty to the US like Israel. If this confuses you, then think of the Israeli-US relationship like the Taiwan-US relationship.

Second, the US has nothing to gain economically from it's unwavering support of Israel just like our unwavering support of Taiwan. We, as a nation, support their right to exist based on principles. An attack on them is an attack on us and the very principles who founded our country.

Third, if you have ever seen a Palestinian, can you describe to me how they are physically different than other Arab Muslims? I am talking physical features here, not some oratorical, no paper based claim to land in some place called "palestine." If I was a Syrian Muslim who strongly supported the "palestinian" cause could you pick me out from other palestinians in a crowd like a game of Where is Waldo?

Finally, the US and Israel could care less what the world thinks. Power talks and UN bullshiite walks. What good has the UN ever done for the world besides give weak nations a forum to complain about the powerful? What conflicts has the UN resolved? What dictators has the UN overthrown?

As for religion, all I have to say is Kashmir. Why can't Pakistan and India get along. Why does a majority Muslim country (Pakistan) contest with a Hindu majority country (India) over a piece of land? If you can answer that, then you are well along the way towards answering why Israel fights for the right to exist. Israel's claim goes back to Abraham, while Arab Muslims who call themselves "palestinians" perpetuate a lie propounded by European Shame originating from European Imperialism.