By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hebrewism vs the world

Killiana1a said:

As a US citizen who has to live with the consequences of broad bi-partisan support of AIPAC and Israel, it is real easy for me to break down.

First, no other single country in the Middle East has loyalty to the US like Israel. If this confuses you, then think of the Israeli-US relationship like the Taiwan-US relationship.

Second, the US has nothing to gain economically from it's unwavering support of Israel just like our unwavering support of Taiwan. We, as a nation, support their right to exist based on principles. An attack on them is an attack on us and the very principles who founded our country.

Third, if you have ever seen a Palestinian, can you describe to me how they are physically different than other Arab Muslims? I am talking physical features here, not some oratorical, no paper based claim to land in some place called "palestine." If I was a Syrian Muslim who strongly supported the "palestinian" cause could you pick me out from other palestinians in a crowd like a game of Where is Waldo?

Finally, the US and Israel could care less what the world thinks. Power talks and UN bullshiite walks. What good has the UN ever done for the world besides give weak nations a forum to complain about the powerful? What conflicts has the UN resolved? What dictators has the UN overthrown?

As for religion, all I have to say is Kashmir. Why can't Pakistan and India get along. Why does a majority Muslim country (Pakistan) contest with a Hindu majority country (India) over a piece of land? If you can answer that, then you are well along the way towards answering why Israel fights for the right to exist. Israel's claim goes back to Abraham, while Arab Muslims who call themselves "palestinians" perpetuate a lie propounded by European Shame originating from European Imperialism.

this thread isn't about  alliances and whats going on in the world.

although my research started with that,this is completely about where the abrahamic religions came out and its root.and as to know something you have to go with an open mind,i have tried not to associate the religious thing with whats going on in the world

as for your other points:

why should a country have loyalty to us?

usa was founded on liberty of usa not liberty of other areas by force

this thread is not about discussion of palestine or matters surrounding it

Palestine topic should only be in discussion between israel and its surrounding countries and nobody else

UN was not to overthrow dictators or other things but to give a voice.

as for kashmir issue,its sunny that you bring i another topic to support your reply as its shows what mentality you were talking with and that your reply couldn't stand on its own

the Kashmir issue is not based on religion but a draft during partition of both the countries which decided how much land either country would get.its based on whether Kashmir was given to Pakistan or India

and as you asked to me answer it i did.but i never brought up the israel topic in the first place so answering the kashmir issue as i have done above doesn't give me what i asked in this thread which is just about abrahamic religion not what land is whose ans who supports who

as for the israel right of land issue,don't blame it on Europeans as imperialism isn't about some people will come out of one land 1000's of years ago and then go back to it and claim as their own.

you are tkaing this thread into a totally different direction with a totally different mentality

keep your replies to only what i have asked in the OP or to subjects mentioned in my replies

and plese keep your replies to logic and reasoning than popular culture and worldwide opinions.

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Mr Khan said:
Abrahamic cosmology is not as important to understanding the motives of Christianity and Islam, though it has a little importance in regards to Judaism. The purpose of the Jewish faith in its initial conception was to serve as a unique rallying point for the tribe, which is why Judaism has no directives for converting non-Jews (and the Talmud seems to discourage it)

It is primarily a tribal religion, but one of the only tribal religions that has survived in the developed world (aside from Shinto), so its worldview is more distinctly narrow even than the other Abrahamic faiths.

cosmology and philosophy are the most important parts of the religion

i have a hard time understanding abrahamic religions because of these important things not available anywhere and wherever i see an explaination its based on blind faith

Morality is the most important part of any religion

people only follow the morality guidelines if religion tells them where they come from or where they will go if they follow a moral guideline

taken heaven and hell out of it and people start thinking themselves

Some people do, some don't. You can't speak for ALL of them

Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Mr Khan said:
Abrahamic cosmology is not as important to understanding the motives of Christianity and Islam, though it has a little importance in regards to Judaism. The purpose of the Jewish faith in its initial conception was to serve as a unique rallying point for the tribe, which is why Judaism has no directives for converting non-Jews (and the Talmud seems to discourage it)

It is primarily a tribal religion, but one of the only tribal religions that has survived in the developed world (aside from Shinto), so its worldview is more distinctly narrow even than the other Abrahamic faiths.

i have a hard time understanding abrahamic religions because of these important things not available anywhere and wherever i see an explaination its based on blind faith

people only follow the morality guidelines if religion tells them where they come from or where they will go if they follow a moral guideline

yeah i agree

i meant the masses which generally like to have a superior authority.

snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Mr Khan said:

yeah i agree

I dont follow

Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Mr Khan said:

yeah i agree

I dont follow

i wasn't talking about everybody in the first place so i agree that all people are not like that as you said

Around the Network
Killiana1a said:

As a US citizen who has to live with the consequences of broad bi-partisan support of AIPAC and Israel, it is real easy for me to break down.

First, no other single country in the Middle East has loyalty to the US like Israel. If this confuses you, then think of the Israeli-US relationship like the Taiwan-US relationship.

Second, the US has nothing to gain economically from it's unwavering support of Israel just like our unwavering support of Taiwan. We, as a nation, support their right to exist based on principles. An attack on them is an attack on us and the very principles who founded our country.

Third, if you have ever seen a Palestinian, can you describe to me how they are physically different than other Arab Muslims? I am talking physical features here, not some oratorical, no paper based claim to land in some place called "palestine." If I was a Syrian Muslim who strongly supported the "palestinian" cause could you pick me out from other palestinians in a crowd like a game of Where is Waldo?

Finally, the US and Israel could care less what the world thinks. Power talks and UN bullshiite walks. What good has the UN ever done for the world besides give weak nations a forum to complain about the powerful? What conflicts has the UN resolved? What dictators has the UN overthrown?

As for religion, all I have to say is Kashmir. Why can't Pakistan and India get along. Why does a majority Muslim country (Pakistan) contest with a Hindu majority country (India) over a piece of land? If you can answer that, then you are well along the way towards answering why Israel fights for the right to exist. Israel's claim goes back to Abraham, while Arab Muslims who call themselves "palestinians" perpetuate a lie propounded by European Shame originating from European Imperialism.

Say it with me now: Ancient historical claims are worthless. The Palestinian right to statehood is predicated upon their desire for it, and nothing more. There is literally no good reason to not support a two-state solution. None whatsoever

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Mr Khan said:

yeah i agree

I dont follow

i wasn't talking about everybody in the first place so i agree that all people are not like that as you said

*Most religious people i know aren't like that. They don't do stuff because they are motivated by fear of hell or pleasantness of heaven - the ones that do are of weak and hollow  character

*I personally know...

Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Player1x3 said:
snakenobi said:
Mr Khan said:

yeah i agree

I dont follow

*Most religious people i know aren't like that. They don't do stuff because they are motivated by fear of hell or pleasantness of heaven - the ones that do are of weak and hollow  character

*I personally know...

and most i have spoken or seen on the net tell others if they don't follow the book or the church then they will go to hell and try to make people bend to religious rules and yeah they seem to be weak

others that i have seen are who are strong and say they are religious just say it for the heck of it as i have seen them not following religious rules in real life

"The book of the church"? Do you mean the Bible? Catholic Bible?  Some other kind of religious book? If you really want most of your questions answered, you will need to do research for youself since you have many questions and little insight. Read the first four books of the Bible(Genesis, Leviticus, Numbers, Dueteronomy) and come back to us. You will see God's love for his people being demonstrated, and why we still accept his love for us, somewhat 10,000 years later. If you want more insight, I recommend to study some of Jesus' teachings and how he references the Old Testament to the Jews of his time, creating a New Covenant that is supposed to be followed, naming his followers Christians.

Read Hebrews Chapter 11 in your free time. It's the "Faith-based" chapter of the New Testament. The writer references what the Old Testament people( like Moses) did by faith.

EpicLight said:

"The book of the church"? Do you mean the Bible? Catholic Bible?  Some other kind of religious book? If you really want most of your questions answered, you will need to do research for youself since you have many questions and little insight. Read the first four books of the Bible(Genesis, Leviticus, Numbers, Dueteronomy) and come back to us. You will see God's love for his people being demonstrated, and why we still accept his love for us, somewhat 10,000 years later. If you want more insight, I recommend to study some of Jesus' teachings and how he references the Old Testament to the Jews of his time, creating a New Covenant that is supposed to be followed, naming his followers Christians.

Read Hebrews Chapter 11 in your free time. It's the "Faith-based" chapter of the New Testament. The writer references what the Old Testament people( like Moses) did by faith.

all books of all religions

yeah i have little insight thats why i started this thread to ask if anybody knew what was the reasoning?

don't start a argument on religion,i am not arguing with any religion just wanting to know what i have mentioned in the OP and it doesn't seem to be alot of questions but only 1 question.