By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hebrewism vs the world

Badassbab said:
Mr Khan said:
Jexy said:

The Palestinian people (relatively new term in the sense of an organized people under a government) DID try to leave for foreign countries, aka the surrounding Muslim countries, but they wouldn't take them in.  They refused the Palestinians because all the other Arab Nations look down on them like garbage and want nothing to do with them.  They use them as a pawn against the Jewish people because not only do they not like the Jews, they don't like the Palestinians either. 

But yeah, it will be a while before anything significant happens.  Israel has been being attacked and winning every war brought against them since 40s.  It's hard to negotiate with anyone who's first priority is to have you dead and wiped off the map entirely.

Only the Yom Kippur war was really a pure attack on the Israelis, as well as the Israeli War of Independence. Sinai and Six Days were Israeli aggression, and the Lebanese Civil War was really the case of an unrighteous group (e.g. Hezbollah and the Syrians) fighting for a righteous cause (equal power-sharing for all Lebanese peoples against the tilt in favor of the Christian minority that existed before), with Israel inadvertantly fighting to oppress the Muslims, not out of spite against them, but to spite Syria who supported them

Yom Kippur war was to regain lost territory and 1982 invasion of Lebanon was to kick the PLO out who were threatening the Israelis with diplomacy. It was known as the war for the West Bank. Of course at the time the pretext was to stop the PLO from launching rockets into Northern Israel.

You guys are a joke.  You do remember them saying that their goal was to erradicate Israel and the Jewish people?  They tried their hand at ethnic cleansing and failed.  Boo hoo.

BOOM!  FACE KICK!

Around the Network
Jexy said:
Badassbab said:

Yom Kippur war was to regain lost territory and 1982 invasion of Lebanon was to kick the PLO out who were threatening the Israelis with diplomacy. It was known as the war for the West Bank. Of course at the time the pretext was to stop the PLO from launching rockets into Northern Israel.

You guys are a joke.  You do remember them saying that their goal was to erradicate Israel and the Jewish people?  They tried their hand at ethnic cleansing and failed.  Boo hoo.

Talk is cheap, and all the cheaper in war and conflict-related negotiations, as well as complicated political situations like this one

Neither side in this has actually attempted ethnic cleansing.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Jexy said:
Wow this thread is stupid and people are so misinformed.

First, author of topic. Go read some books. Try wikipedia if you're lazy. You seem to have done very little research on this, and asking a video game forum about this will not lead you to the best results.

i have tried various sources.there alot to styudy and the answer seemed distant so i asked

what else are forums for?

yeah this is a video forum but its not just that,this is a big community that discusses all.don't cvompare  it with other video game forums.

there are reason the section 'general' is there

and if you were so concerned why did post?

Second, to whoever said some crazy stuff: Chosen people doesn't mean what most people think. It's more of a burden than being special.

i have taken both possibilities,tried to be as open-minded

The chosen people, aka the Jewish people, includes anyone of Jewish faith, thus including Arab Jews, (many this day, and many living in Israel) and all it means basically is that they are responsible for being devoted to God. They are not responsible for getting more members and keeping them (crusades like Christians, or thru fear and terrorists like today's Muslims) which partially accounts for their low numbers. More like a lead a good life by example. Walk the walk but not talk the talk.

hey,if you want to prove your point prove it.

don't blame  a group in between like Muslims as alot of shit has been going in middle east,they don't attack for fun.

alot of shit apart the this israel-palestine issue.the oil and saudi issues are also there

still keep that out of this thread,this is more for abrahamic philosophy tthan current world matters

Back to the OP: Like another poster says, the whole Adam and Eve story isn't meant to be taken so literally, more of a story about how things came to be, thus is why Eve was more Adam's wife than the first two people ever. More like the first two people in this story. Since obviously people on the other side of the world never heard of any of this stuff. You can take the story of the tower of babel and all that if you want like Kasz said, or you can be more realistic. Keep in mind that when most of this stuff was written, other parts of the world were completely unknown, thus explanations of it are minimal at best.

thats the problem

i knew abrahamic religions were based on faith rather than core philosophy like taoism,buddhism,hinduism,etc

i was still looking if abrahamic still had some core basis of philosophy behind it as to why so many people follow it.

as you other parts iof the world being unknown.thats what this GOD and religion supposed to do,explain you of the unknown.not like you discover something and then you insert it into your teaching as that you completely destroy the philosophy and cosmological undertsnaidn of people as they will know that what they were taught until then was totally wrong.

You're the first person I've ever heard of to call the Jewish people a race,

did i?

i called a group of hebrews as i heard one of the rabbi say in on youtube

i called hebrew people,now who they are and how they have spread or contracted in numbers i don't know

and even then you are very low on information if you have heard it for the first time for somebody to call jwish people a race.first do some research of you own then come bacvk with these kind of statements

never mind that race is a term invented recently by governments for other purposes. And I know no one who ever thought that. God didn't create the Jewish people separately and the Jewish people believe that ALL people on this earth are children of God and made in his image.

yeah thats how it should be

So yes, the Muslims, Christians, Hindus, etc are all children of God in the eyes of the Jewish people and that no one is better than anyone else, it is just the Jewish people's responsibility to maintain their own faith and devotion to God.

sure

but what does the choseness mean?

now if they were just devoted to GOD and then GOD just chose them over everybody else,so i understand it then as that goes with what abrhamic religion are as a whole,based on faith

The fact that you even said some of the things you did in here makes me think that you really need to go onto wikipedia and do your own research for a few days at least.

i am.i won't stop

i just wanted a simple explaination

There are a lot of intelligent posters on this website, but also a lot of misinformed ones, and you'd be better off at LEAST having a little knowledge on the subject so you're not so confused when people try to answer you assuming you have some background in the matter.

well don't worry

if i am posting on the forum i take all replies and then resrach on them to clarify myself

Jexy said:
Badassbab said:
Mr Khan said:
Jexy said:

The Palestinian people (relatively new term in the sense of an organized people under a government) DID try to leave for foreign countries, aka the surrounding Muslim countries, but they wouldn't take them in.  They refused the Palestinians because all the other Arab Nations look down on them like garbage and want nothing to do with them.  They use them as a pawn against the Jewish people because not only do they not like the Jews, they don't like the Palestinians either. 

But yeah, it will be a while before anything significant happens.  Israel has been being attacked and winning every war brought against them since 40s.  It's hard to negotiate with anyone who's first priority is to have you dead and wiped off the map entirely.

Only the Yom Kippur war was really a pure attack on the Israelis, as well as the Israeli War of Independence. Sinai and Six Days were Israeli aggression, and the Lebanese Civil War was really the case of an unrighteous group (e.g. Hezbollah and the Syrians) fighting for a righteous cause (equal power-sharing for all Lebanese peoples against the tilt in favor of the Christian minority that existed before), with Israel inadvertantly fighting to oppress the Muslims, not out of spite against them, but to spite Syria who supported them

they actually said they want to get rid of zionistic regime not isarel

jews reside in alot of those countries fighting zionistic regime of middle east of oil

and the israeli-palestine issue

who tried ethnic cleansing?

Mr Khan said:
Jexy said:
Badassbab said:

Talk is cheap, and all the cheaper in war and conflict-related negotiations, as well as complicated political situations like this one

Neither side in this has actually attempted ethnic cleansing.

Actually according to Benny Morris (one of the most knowledgeable historians on the Pal-Israel conflict and ardent Zionist) Israel did carry out a partial ethnic cleansing back in 1948.

Around the Network
Jexy said:
Badassbab said:
Jexy said:

What are you talking about? Data from the UNRWA.

Refugee statistics

The number of Palestine refugees varies depending on the source. For 1948-49 refugees, for example, the Israeli government suggests a number as low as 520,000 as opposed to 850,000 by their Palestinian counterparts. As of January 2010, UNRWA cites 1,396,368 registered refugees in camps and 3,370,302 registered refugees not in camps.[27]

The number of Palestinian refugees by country according to UNRWA in January 2010 were as follows:

• Jordan 1,983,733[28]
  • Lebanon 425,640[28]
  • Syria 472,109[28]
  • West Bank 778,993[28]
  • Gaza Strip 1,106,195[28]

Have you been there?  Have you heard what the people there say?  Do you know how they feel?  I have.

A most meaningless statement if I've ever read one. What point are you trying to make? My point was to refute your point that none of the surrounding countries would take any of the Pal refugees in, a point made quite easily. Also I don't buy your argument the surrounding countries hate the Pal people. That's the sort of propaganda that's plucked out of the sky due to the actions of a madman like Arabs and Persians hate each other or Shia's and Sunni's think of each other as heretics.

My brother is a Pastor, and although many would not agree with him, his view is this.

The story of Adam and Eve is an explanation of the creation of man geared towards the audience of the day and has alot of symbology in it but is not an actual step-by-step what happened as it would have been far beyond the understanding of people of that day.

When you look at Genesis, when Cain and Abel leave their parents there are cities and towns already established, which would give some backing to his explanation, that and Adam means Man, while Eve means Of Man. Alot of people would be offended by this viewpoint but it stands to reason for me.

Mr Khan said:
Jexy said:

Only the Yom Kippur war was really a pure attack on the Israelis, as well as the Israeli War of Independence. Sinai and Six Days were Israeli aggression, and the Lebanese Civil War was really the case of an unrighteous group (e.g. Hezbollah and the Syrians) fighting for a righteous cause (equal power-sharing for all Lebanese peoples against the tilt in favor of the Christian minority that existed before), with Israel inadvertantly fighting to oppress the Muslims, not out of spite against them, but to spite Syria who supported them.

I'd blame the Six Day war on the Soviets myself.

Watching the Israel/Palestine conflict is kind of like watching a violent drunk take a swing at the police, get thumped handily, and then see the drunk’s family and friends blame the police for the altercation ...

If Palestine abandoned violence and terrorism, and accepted Israel's "right to exist", an equitable two state solution could be found tomorrow and everyone could live in peaceful harmony. While Israel is known for disproportionate retaliations, they are retaliations and when they stop being provoked by the Palestinians they will stop as well.

Of course, many supporters of the Palestinians will never support anything that calls for the Palestinians to act in a civilized way when there is a "final solution" to the Israel-Palestine conflict that they really support

HappySqurriel said:
Watching the Israel/Palestine conflict is kind of like watching a violent drunk take a swing at the police, get thumped handily, and then see the drunk’s family and friends blame the police for the altercation ...

If Palestine abandoned violence and terrorism, and accepted Israel's "right to exist", an equitable two state solution could be found tomorrow and everyone could live in peaceful harmony. While Israel is known for disproportionate retaliations, they are retaliations and when they stop being provoked by the Palestinians they will stop as well.

Of course, many supporters of the Palestinians will never support anything that calls for the Palestinians to act in a civilized way when there is a "final solution" to the Israel-Palestine conflict that they really support

It's hard to sift out because the existence of Israel is more a boilerplate thing, a credo for West-haters and other associated legitimate political and illegitimate extremist movements (and all the shades of grey in between), and while i don't doubt that many of them would certainly like for Israel's non-existence, I also doubt that this is the primary realistic goal of many (or indeed, any) of these groups who are using it for their own ends. Certainly Iran, who has yelled among the loudest, has little real interest in the Israel-Palestine question, and likely use the rhetoric for posturing to deal with their *real* enemies (that is, the enemies that they can realistically move against) the Saudis and other Emirs of the Gulf.

The violence of Hamas is also an internal question of the internal struggles within the Palestinian polity. The Palestinian Authority needs to work to integrate Hamas into their structure, and i imagine much of the actual organized rocket attacks would stop. I mean, there will always be extremists that cannot be controlled even by their own people, but i imagine the bulk of Hamas can be reigned in, but their violence is largely an effort to draw support for their position more than pointless actions of hate. They are deliberately spoiling peace prospects because they know peace will lead to an utter loss of popular support on their part. A proper unity government needs to be built, Israel needs to kick out the illegal settlers altogether and stop the construction of more legal settlements, then things can begin working.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.