By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 80's Movie Elimination bonus round "your picks to end it all"! Please lock.

Man, it was hard!

OK, here are my 10 (not chosen for their quality, but for impact on the industry or on me)

+Akira
+An American Werewolf In London
+Big Trouble In Little China
+Blade Runner
+Full Metal Jacket
+Goonies
+Mad Max
+The Breakfast Club
+The Thing
+Willow

Flash Gordon almost made it, but only for its amazing OST.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Predator, Raging bull, Blade Runner, Scarface, Stand by me, The last emperor, mad max 2, mad max 3, Cinema Paraiso, Excalibur.

I subscribe to most of those suggested, so I'll just list those I find deserving and not suggested yet:
Spaceballs, Big Trouble in Little China, Remo Williams: The adventure begins..., Top Secret!, Used Cars, To Live and Die in L.A., Manhunter, Ladyhawke, Young Guns, Wall Street.

Edit: Ooops, just ten, I must remove one... done.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

My list :

-The Milagro Bean Field War

- Pale Rider

- Ran

- Blade Runner

- Mississipi Burning

- Gandhi

- Willow

- My Neighbor Totoro

- Stand By Me

- Akira

PS : Kinda surprised a movie like Pale Rider was not on your list

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

The Thing
Big Trouble In Little China
Escape From New York
Tango & Cash
Blade Runner
Die Hard
Aliens
Predator
First blood
Gandhi
Scarface

Around the Network

Die Hard
Aliens
Terminator
Rocky III
Rocky IV
Batman
Dirty Dancing
Return of the Jedi
Lethal Weapon
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Karate Kid

I am here to support Willow!

Did I miss something or what ?
I thought we were not supposed to list movies from the other thread and I see a lot of people that do

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:
Did I miss something or what ?
I thought we were not supposed to list movies from the other thread and I see a lot of people that do

Didn't really help that he had the movies in the op that were from the other thread.  So people didn't bother checking both lists. 

Ah you didn't have Dick Tracy in the original thread? I never noticed plus I kind of forgot about good old Dick. I used to love that movie a lot and I even had the Dick Tracy board game.  Just checked Google though and various links show it being released in 1990.  1 year too late I'm afraid...